Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Including Aeotec Wallmote Quad (ZW130)

Hi,

Today I tried to include my new Aeotec Wallmote Quad (ZW130) into my Z-Wave network by using Aeon Labs Z-stick. Only non-secure the inclusion was succesful. My HS3 Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.102 made 10 new devices: 4 buttons, 4 Central Scenes, Root, Battery en PowerManagement. Nice, so far.

But the don't function correct:
    - The software control of the 4 buttons doesn't work
    - Just 2 of the 4 buttons (only 1 and 2) are active
    - Only Central Scene 2 works, it showed the status of all scenes
    - Associations and Settings in Root are not functional because I can't reach the Wallmote, even the less it's waked up.

Anyone suggestions what to do? Or experience with this Wallmote?

Regards, Luuc.

Sorry I don't have these answers, but I was going to ask where you purchased the WallMote. However, you probably have the EU version. I can't seem to find any US vendors with the product in stock.

If anyone reading this knows where to purchase in the US, I'm all ears.

Comment

The central scene 2 device will tell you which button was pressed, just use that to trigger events to do what you want. What other functionality are you looking for? You can just ignore or delete the other devices that are created.

Originally posted by luucelzinga View Post
      Hi,

Today I tried to include my new Aeotec Wallmote Quad (ZW130) into my Z-Wave network by using Aeon Labs Z-stick. Only non-secure the inclusion was succesful. My HS3 Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.102 made 10 new devices: 4 buttons, 4 Central Scenes, Root, Battery en PowerManagement. Nice, so far.

But the don't function correct:
      - The software control of the 4 buttons doesn't work
      - Just 2 of the 4 buttons (only 1 and 2) are active
      - Only Central Scene 2 works, it showed the status of all scenes
      - Associations and Settings in Root are not functional because I can't reach the Wallmote, even the less it's waked up.

Anyone suggestions what to do? Or experience with this Wallmote?

Regards, Luuc.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Purchase Wallmote

Originally posted by hjk View Post
        Sorry I don't have these answers, but I was going to ask where you purchased the WallMote. However, you probably have the EU version. I can't seem to find any US vendors with the product in stock.

If anyone reading this knows where to purchase in the US, I'm all ears.
        Hi,

Indeed I have de EU version. I bought it at this webshop Control Living : http://www.controlliving.nl/product/...wallmote-quad/

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

Wallmote devices partly not functional

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The central scene 2 device will tell you which button was pressed, just use that to trigger events to do what you want. What other functionality are you looking for? You can just ignore or delete the other devices that are created.
          Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that 2 button-devices, 3 Central Scenes and the associations don't work at all. So if I use the right down corner button at the Wallmote, the corresponding button-device in HS3 doesn't react at all. I only can use de upper right and upper left button and one Central Scene device. That's a bit too less.

I re-included the Wallmote several times, secure isn't possible at all, unsecure has always the same result as described. A rescan doesn't work. Other battery devices work perfectly and the Wallmote has an extreme long wake-up period (10 minutes after activating). So I think that's not the problem. But still rescan en association is not possible.

I hope my problem is clear?

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

The one I have works in that when you press any of the 4 buttons HS reports the proper scene number. Can you post the application version on your device.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that 2 button-devices, 3 Central Scenes and the associations don't work at all. So if I use the right down corner button at the Wallmote, the corresponding button-device in HS3 doesn't react at all. I only can use de upper right and upper left button and one Central Scene device. That's a bit too less.

I re-included the Wallmote several times, secure isn't possible at all, unsecure has always the same result as described. A rescan doesn't work. Other battery devices work perfectly and the Wallmote has an extreme long wake-up period (10 minutes after activating). So I think that's not the problem. But still rescan en association is not possible.

I hope my problem is clear?

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

The one I have works in that when you press any of the 4 buttons HS reports the proper scene number. Can you post the application version on your device.

Hi Rich,

The version of my Wallmote is ZW130-C with firmware version 1.5.

In HS3device Central Scene 2 all of the four scenes are report if you press them. Not in the proper fields but I can live with that. The impossibility to make associations is a bigger issue.

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

Just have HS trigger on the scene that is pressed (button), then have HS issue a command to the device you want to control. That is the easiest and best way to set it up. Do you want to associate the device directly with another device?

However, I did try the associations and I could set them. I associated group 2 with one other Z-Wave device and it controlled it ok. The trick is to press the button on the back a few times after you press the association button in HS. This will keep the device awake so the association is set.

Note that mine has version 1.0 of the firmware, so it may not act the same. I will see if I can update it.

Hi Rich,

The version of my Wallmote is ZW130-C with firmware version 1.5.

In HS3device Central Scene 2 all of the four scenes are report if you press them. Not in the proper fields but I can live with that. The impossibility to make associations is a bigger issue.

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

Just have HS trigger on the scene that is pressed (button), then have HS issue a command to the device you want to control. That is the easiest and best way to set it up. Do you want to associate the device directly with another device?

However, I did try the associations and I could set them. I associated group 2 with one other Z-Wave device and it controlled it ok. The trick is to press the button on the back a few times after you press the association button in HS. This will keep the device awake so the association is set.

Note that mine has version 1.0 of the firmware, so it may not act the same. I will see if I can update it.

I have the same setup, but it's not stable. Sometimes I get no reaction in HS3 while pressing a button. Also the reaction is somewhat slow. That's why I would use association.

Thanks for your tips. I will try them tomorrow.

Comment

No luck for me with retrieving association info of the Wallmote. The z-wave tab of the root-device disappears when I try to retrieve. The log gives no errors, it says there are nine associationgroups availbale. But I see no information in the Zwave tab of the Wallmote root device. Sometimes it even disappears or kills the complete HS3 application (happens two times when trying to synchronize association info).

Comment

Make sure you have the latest Z-Wave plugin and bring the remote close to your Z-Wave interface. Keep pressing the button on the back while you try to retrieve the associations.

No luck for me with retrieving association info of the Wallmote. The z-wave tab of the root-device disappears when I try to retrieve. The log gives no errors, it says there are nine associationgroups availbale. But I see no information in the Zwave tab of the Wallmote root device. Sometimes it even disappears or kills the complete HS3 application (happens two times when trying to synchronize association info).

Comment

Make sure you have the latest Z-Wave plugin and bring the remote close to your Z-Wave interface. Keep pressing the button on the back while you try to retrieve the associations.

Yep, I use the latest beta-version Z-wave plug-in (xxx.102). Bring also close the unit to the z-wave stick. But no succes at all. The battery is also empty within 1 day, maybe because the Wallmote tries over and over again to connect. Any further tips what I can do to solve this problem?

Comment

Also can't seem to add the Wallmote

I haven't tried using the non-secure add yet, but here's the log info I get when trying to add (note oldest is at the bottom). Each time I try it gets stuck at a different location and hangs the z-wave interface (Smartstick). It takes a little work to get it back up and running again.

Mar-15 9:12:41 PM Z-Wave Warning Device Reset Locally Notification received for node 72 - NODE IS BEING REMOVED FROM THE SYSTEM.
                          Mar-15 9:09:58 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information For Group 7 retrieved successfully from Node 72 Group Name=Dimmer (Key 3), Profile Is General:Reserved And the group hosts 1 Event commands.
                          Mar-15 9:09:56 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information For Group 4 retrieved successfully from Node 72 Group Name=On/Off (Key 2), Profile Is General:Reserved And the group hosts 1 Event commands.
                          Mar-15 9:09:55 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Plus Association Root Group Information For Group 3 retrieved successfully from Node 72 Group Name=Dimmer (Key 1), Profile Is General:Reserved And the group hosts 1 Event commands.
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (9 groups) from Node 72...
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 72 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 9 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 8 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 7 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 6 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 5 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 4 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 3 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 2 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:53 PM Z-Wave Node 72 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 0
                          Mar-15 9:09:52 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 72
                          Mar-15 9:09:52 PM Z-Wave Node 72 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                          Mar-15 9:09:52 PM Z-Wave Node 72 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.33 App: 1.5
                          Mar-15 9:09:51 PM Z-Wave Node: 72 Controls Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2
                          Mar-15 9:09:51 PM Z-Wave Node: 72 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2, VERSION_V2, CONFIGURATION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, WAKE_UP, BATTERY, CENTRAL_SCENE, ALARM_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
                          Mar-15 9:09:51 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 72, ID: 134=86H (Aeon Labs), Type: 258=102H, ID: 130=82H

Comment

Quick update on my issue

So it doesn't add as insecure either for me (same results). But when it fails, it really horks the system. In some cases I have to literally reboot the whole computer, and even after it comes back click the green arrow to disable the interface and then re-enable and initialize it.

Removing the USB stick and reinserting doesn't do it, and neither does restarting the software. It's literally a hard system reboot to get things back.

Also opened with ticket with Aeon Labs just in case they have any input.

Too bad since my minimotes and multisensors work great!

Comment

It appears you have version 1.5 of the firmware and I have 1.1. Mine adds ok, so I have asked Aeon for the latest firmware. Will report back after I test it.

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                              So it doesn't add as insecure either for me (same results). But when it fails, it really horks the system. In some cases I have to literally reboot the whole computer, and even after it comes back click the green arrow to disable the interface and then re-enable and initialize it.

Removing the USB stick and reinserting doesn't do it, and neither does restarting the software. It's literally a hard system reboot to get things back.

Also opened with ticket with Aeon Labs just in case they have any input.

Too bad since my minimotes and multisensors work great!

Comment

Working...
                              X