www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Telephone,Text and Email Plug-ins > Telephone,Text and Email Integration Discussion

Old March 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Seer Master

Microphone & Speakers....

Having been a HS user for a couple of years.... I'm just getting around to trying voice control.

What does everybody use for an input device and an output device? How do I distribute the interfaces throughout the house so that the announcements can be heard? How do I have a microphone available everywhere?
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:38 PM
OverSeer

Here's one option: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165984

Personally, I don't use VR with HS. For sound distribution, I use Squeezebox devices and the Squeezebox plugin.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Seer Master

I always used HS Phone. I had a high quality mic in the house, but found the accuracy to be bad, and many false triggers from TV, or even running water. With HSPhone, I can pick up any phone in the house and talk to HomeSeer. One nice thing with that, is that scripts can be told to speak on the phone if an event was triggered by the phone. So I can pick up and ask for the weather report, for instance, and it will only speak to me over the phone, instead of the entire house.

I also keep my amps to the individual room speakers on an appliance module that can be turned off when not in use (power savings).
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Seer Master

I have been working on this endeavor for awhile I have a pretty simple setup but it is very functional for the Vr part of it I am using the microsoft kinect with spuds plug in in most areas it allow for the vr to recognize what zone the commadns came from. for the TTS announcements I simply have the sound card on my PC connected to a tuner that runs many channels throughout the house but am considering russ sound addition in the near future

Cheers Ken
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM

I'm using kinect for VR as well

For TTS announcement I'm using different kind of airplay speakers: speakers connected to an Airport Express, XBMC, receiver, etc...
Airplay is a very effective and cheap solution to add speakers connected to HS because a lot of hardware and software are compatibles.