This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the door contacts did this:

Read the links and it came back empty, programmed for HS and they are good to go. No option as you would expect since they are a simple device

motion sensors: before I was unable to set parameters from HS. Put in jumper 5 for software control and read links, came back empty, programmed for HS. Now I'm able to configure them via your plugin

Perhaps you know what Op Flag Occupancy mode = enabled/disabled. Not finding this in the documentation anywhere. If not, that's OK I'll keep looking

I did find that some devices were needing reprogramming while others didn't seem to be affected. I assume this is due to some of them were still using i2 rather than i2sc.

Anyway, my life became a little easier tonight

Off topic:
    FYI, I bought some ZWave stuff to play with to see what mix would be the best. Man the ZWave stuff looks and feels cheap and poorly designed! The door contact is huge, the switches look like their meant to be in a thrift store. I kinda regret even trying them, but I like playing so it's all good. Some things they have Insteon doesn't, so I'm sure I'll have a mix.

Off topic again:
    Saw in your Siggy that you use an HAI TStat. Like it? Not sure if you know, but they got bought out by Levington and they say they're putting in a bunch of dev $$. that's really good news for the product as it really needs an update. I've installed a few homes with this stuff and I wasn't very impressed, especially with the UPB network. Scene lighting was VERY choppy and serial rather than being treated like a group command (like Insteon does). Homeowners were a little grumpy, but they chose the system, I just did the instal (thank god, cause I'd feel pretty bad if they weren't happy with my choice!)

Anyways, have a good night and, again, I appreciate the help you gave me!

Comment

I read though this post and I cannot find where to download the latest (stable) version of the Insteon PLC plugin. I am currently running HS2 Standard Edition 2.5.0.52 and:
      Insteon Plug-in Configuration - HYBRID PLC VERSION 1.1.52.1 In PLC/SDM Mode

I set up with HS2 a couple of years ago and have now added a few more I/O Linc #2450 for the garage doors. I had one already installed for some time now with a photocell sensor for light level control. It works fine; HS2 sees it as an "unknown device type 700" but I can still control it from the GUI. However, I cannot get HS2 to register the recently-acquired 2450 devices for the garage doors, either through tap-add or manual add. The devices are recognized by other Smarthome devices, and even appear in the link tables for other devices, but HS2 doesn't see them. Any assistance would be marvy!

Comment

If you're using HS's plugin, it will never work. The HS plugin is only good for old Insteon devices. You need to use Marks plugin and it needs to be the beta one. I fought with this device for a long time. Mark's beta plugin works perfectly with this. Cost a bit of $$, but it's well worth it!!

Comment

Bill, you'll want to scan through this part of Mark's documentation. It requires you to replace the PLC with a PLM.

To back up trevor's statements, both of these are worthy investments if you are into insteon for the long haul. HS has not updated the PLC plugin for several years and as far as I know has no plans to. Posts like yours show up because the communication on this fact was not clear. The updater mentions it if you open the release notes, but somewhere HSTs position on Insteon should be clearer. e.g. NO LONGER SUPPORTED, DEVICES PURCHASED AFTER ??/??/20?? MOST LIKELY WON'T WORK. Homseer is the Amazon store for SmartHome so as time goes on this issue becomes worse for those that are using the original PLC.

Mark supports the PLM faithfully and his plugin has some amazing features, even when compared with Smarthome's software. He also has the process from migrating from PLC to PLM well documented
          Last edited by pbibm; October 6, 2012, 01:34 PM.
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorG View Post
            If you're using HS's plugin, it will never work. The HS plugin is only good for old Insteon devices. You need to use Marks plugin and it needs to be the beta one. I fought with this device for a long time. Mark's beta plugin works perfectly with this. Cost a bit of $$, but it's well worth it!!
            Thanks for the info, folks. After checking out a few SH hardware vendors, I see that disclaimer about the 2414U and new devices. Nice of them to make it obvious!
            I read through Mark's plugin docs and I have another question before buying a new interface. TrevorG, you mention that the plugin needs to be the beta version. Is the version mentioned in Mark's thread and also listed in the updater the beta version you speak of?
            (1. Go to the updater and install the following plugin Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.6.1 (my current release which requires a license)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Grant View Post
              Thanks for the info, folks. After checking out a few SH hardware vendors, I see that disclaimer about the 2414U and new devices. Nice of them to make it obvious!
              I read through Mark's plugin docs and I have another question before buying a new interface. TrevorG, you mention that the plugin needs to be the beta version. Is the version mentioned in Mark's thread and also listed in the updater the beta version you speak of?
              Bill,
              I just posted 1.7.3.1 as the latest release in the forum. it should be in the updater soon. You don't need to worry about any betas.

if you have a physical serial port to work with i would suggest the 2413s otherwise the 2413u is the next best option

Swapping out the plc for a plm is going to take some work and patients.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I take it that by the process requiring patience you mean I'll have to reenter all eighty-plus of my device addresses manually? Will I have to recreate all the events also?

Comment

Bill,
                  No you won't need to reregister your devices. the plugin swap routine will attempt to reprogram your existing devices in place, and update groups. Events will not be affected since they are based on hs devices, not the insteon interface.

I ran the routine on my system with 50+ devices and was happy with the results. In the end i only had to use the 'program device for homeseer' on 3-4 devices. do not delete any devices from the plugin, just use the 'program device for homeseer' function if the swap routine can't do it.

You'll get a report at the end of the swap routine of the devices weren't reprogrammed.

My "patients and work" comment is directed to the above. Don't expect a 100% perfect result after the swap. there will be some manual link work in the end.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I purchased a 2413S and the 1.7.3.1 plugin, installed it without incident. I love it! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Me again! Anyone know how to program the garage lights to turn on when I open the door and stay on for 15 minutes when I drive in and close the door behind me?

I have three garage doors controlled by three I/O lincs, magnetic contacts connected to the I/O input sensors which control the overhead lights by communicating with a single SH 2476D. Any door will activate the lights, on or off.

I have programed the lights to go off 15 minutes after receiving an "on" command; however, I want them to stay on for 15 minutes after receiving any command from the I/O linc, on or off... i.e. I don't want the lights to turn off until 15 minutes after I close the door.

Comment

I do it based on condition:

Here's an example:

First click the checkbox (Condition) If you want to have a condition.

Then

On the trigger event tab select your device (Input Sensor)

Below that select
                        Transmit an On Command (I have mine set to transmit an On command when the garage door is open.

Then if you want you can set your condition (On mine I don't want the lights to come on during the daytime hours so I choose)

Time is daytime

Now on the action page select which lights to turn On and click save.

Do the opposite to turn off the lights

Works like a charm.

Steve

Comment

Thank you, Steve. Yes, it does indeed work like a charm. I used your suggestion and set a TOD condition so the lights don't trigger during the day. I didn't set an opposite command because I want a 15 minute delay before the lights switch off to give me time to unload the groceries and get in the house. I just used a separate event to time-out the lights after 15 min of being set to on. I'm thinking I can add an action to unlock the back door... but I have to think that one through.

Thanks again.

Comment

Glad it works. I do this for numerous events. For example, I have a heater in my garage, and when I open the door, I have an event trigger which will turn off the heater. When I close the garage it will turn it back on.

The lock on the door is a good idea.

Comment

Garage Door

I have my garage door setup with OFF for open and ON for closed.

I want to get an email every 15 minutes when the garage door is open for more than 15 minutes.

I tried using an event based on status Off for more than 15 minutes, but cannot get that to work.

I also tried one event that says that if the IO is off for 15 minutes then trigger an email. That would not work either.

I just cannot get the logic down. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by scotthpdx View Post
                                I have my garage door setup with OFF for open and ON for closed.

I want to get an email every 15 minutes when the garage door is open for more than 15 minutes.

I tried using an event based on status Off for more than 15 minutes, but cannot get that to work.

I also tried one event that says that if the IO is off for 15 minutes then trigger an email. That would not work either.

I just cannot get the logic down. Any tips?
                                scott,
                                hs2 or hs3?

please post a pic of your event definition show the trigger page and the event page
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X