Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CT30 Z-Wave Thermostat - Not "Staying Awake" - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    It says it has firmware 5.02 so it supports beamin. I'll have to see why our sw is not labeling it as such.
    I also just got two ZRP100 modules from the store. Neither shows up as supporting Beaming. Its a HomePro ZRP100, Rel. 4.10 Serial 1431557, 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 4.10

So does this mean that I just bought to of these things and still have no beaming capability?

Comment

If it says 5.02, as yoirs does, then they support beaming.

Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post
      I also just got two ZRP100 modules from the store. Neither shows up as supporting Beaming. Its a HomePro ZRP100, Rel. 4.10 Serial 1431557, 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 4.10

So does this mean that I just bought to of these things and still have no beaming capability?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by fbitz777 View Post
        I too see the Mode State "sticky"...tried cooling and heating and it can take up to five minutes sometimes to get the Mode State to catch up with reality
        5 minutes sounds about right - there is usually a delay when switching modes from heat to cooling - cooling to heat to protect the equipment

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
          5 minutes sounds about right - there is usually a delay when switching modes from heat to cooling - cooling to heat to protect the equipment
          I still get no Mode State changes at all (always stuck at heating, never switches to idle). My controller is 3 feet away from the thermostat now, so I don't think it's got anything to do with interference. I wonder if there are different firmware/radio revisions floating around out there, and that's why some people see Mode State change, and others don't.

As a stab in the dark, for the people who see the mode state flag change, do you have the USNAP radio module in the left slot (slot 2), or the right slot (slot 1)? If you look in the display, it should also show a tiny 1 or 2 next to the radio tower icon.

Comment

the modules do support beaming, has to have 5.02 sw as Rich stated. Homeseer is not showing for some reason. I have 2 of these and have move my controller back into the far corner of the basement and I have no problems with the second floor stat any more.

Comment

Originally posted by veezer View Post
              I still get no Mode State changes at all (always stuck at heating, never switches to idle). My controller is 3 feet away from the thermostat now, so I don't think it's got anything to do with interference. I wonder if there are different firmware/radio revisions floating around out there, and that's why some people see Mode State change, and others don't.

As a stab in the dark, for the people who see the mode state flag change, do you have the USNAP radio module in the left slot (slot 2), or the right slot (slot 1)? If you look in the display, it should also show a tiny 1 or 2 next to the radio tower icon.

I have it in slot 1 and the mode state never changes -- it always reports heating, even when it is not. My module reports Version 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App:5.0. Listener says True (Beam 1000). I am able to control the setpoints, and apparently the heat relay -- it is just the reporting of the relay mode state that is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
                I have 5 other thermostats from HS (Wayne Dalton) and they change modes within the next polling interval i.e within a minute

Moreover the actual physical display on the unit display the right mode instantly.

Comment

Hi,
                  I have the same problem and I read few other posting with the same problem. The "Mode State" shows Heating but the boiler zone is off.

I have the following configured:[LIST]
                  Z-Stick-S2 in the basement
                  ZDP100 Z-Wave Lamp in the basement in the same room as of the Z-Stick S2
                  (by the way, this device does not show beaming under Listener, should it show Beam 1000?)
                  2GIG-ZStat CT30E upstairs parallel to the ZDP 100 Lamp.
                  Excellent status signal from the neighbor status.
                  Boiler Munchkin with 4 zones no cooling system.
                  No C wire connected only the W and RH wire.
                  Thermostat setup (Menu HVAC SETUP) to 1. This option is a little confusing because I do not have a cool zone.
                  Since I'm on this topic and I'm new to Z-Wave, I'm wondering the following:
                  How do I poll the devices to get the current status
                  Can I turn the Fan off since I do not have one.
                  Any Z-Wave scripts or plugin to use for these Thermostats?

Thank you for your input.
                  Aldo

------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 3
                  66.0 Heat Setpoint:

Fan Mode: Auto
                  Fan State: Idle
                  Mode: Heat

Mode State: Heating
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

CT-30 Zwave issues

I have 4 of the 2Gig/RadioThermostat CT-30's and have issues with 3 of them constantly dropping off the Zwave network. Turns out the 3 with issues have earlier firmware versions (1.66, 1.70) than the one that never drops out (1.72).
                    All were purchased as a lot at the same time, btw.

Sorry to hear these aren't field upgradable. So what's the fix? Send them back to the mfg? Damn inconvenient when I need them to control my house!

Comment

Originally posted by bitsobrits View Post
                      I have 4 of the 2Gig/RadioThermostat CT-30's and have issues with 3 of them constantly dropping off the Zwave network. Turns out the 3 with issues have earlier firmware versions (1.66, 1.70) than the one that never drops out (1.72).
                      All were purchased as a lot at the same time, btw.

Sorry to hear these aren't field upgradable. So what's the fix? Send them back to the mfg? Damn inconvenient when I need them to control my house!
                      There's a firmware upgrade service available via HomeSeer.
                      http://store.homeseer.com/store/Services-C30.aspx
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        There's a firmware upgrade service available via HomeSeer.
                        http://store.homeseer.com/store/Services-C30.aspx
                        Old topic, but does firmware update on the CT30 fixed the "Mode State" update problem? I have 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 5.0.

Thanks.
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Old topic but still great to discuss, I have four of them that I need to reboot once a week since they lose connection with zwave, unfortunately I don't have the budget to ever replace them so I'm stuck with those until they die.

Comment

Working...
                          X