Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Status Graphic and Device name

Hi!

Sorta lonely in this forum.... LOL... hope there's someone else here besides me.

I'm using HS3 with the GC-100-06 on the Ethernet Port, the contact closure adapter cables, and the UltraJones plugin, I just installed the latest version of the plugin a couple hours ago.

Everything works fine. I just want to change the status graphic to something not so cryptic looking, and change the status names from Active/Inactive to open/close (since I'm using contact closures).

I make the appropriate changes in HS3 and it works fine, I see the new status names and graphic that I selected and it seems to work fine until I restart HS3. When HS3 restarts, it seems that the plugin resets everything back to the defaults, including the graphic.

Is there a way to make the changes to the graphic and the status names permanent?

Thanks in advance,

Victor Rychlicki

Hello Victor, I just uploaded UltraGCIR3 HSPI version 3.0.5580.18788 that no longer resets the device properties once a device is created.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks! thats awesome, I just downloaded and installed it. works great! I really appreciate the assistance!

Comment

Looks like I spoke too soon. Seems to be a problem with this new version of the plugin...

I have the contact closure cable and after upgrading to the new version of the plugin and rebooting HS3 (running under windows) the status of the GC-100 interfaces are stuck at what they were when the plugin was installed. HS3 no longer sees the change in status when a contact close is closed or opened. Its just stuck in the last state it was in before the upgrade.

I need to figure out how to downgrade the plugin to the previous version to get things working again. how do I do that?

Comment

Ok, been playing with this for a while figuring out how to get myself operational again...

I've gotten myself temporarily operational again. The problem with the new plugin is that once the HS3 server (running under Windows 7) is restarted. HS3 no longer updates the status of the ports on the GC-100 and the status as shown in HS3 is just stuck there in the last known state and will not change/update.

In order to get things working again (temporarily) I have to delete the GC-100 Root device in HS3, then disable and re-enable the plugin, wait for the devices (root, ports, etc..) to re-appear in the device list. Then it starts recognizing the devices status again until another reset, reboot, etc... then back to square one and having to delete the devices... and so on.

Please help. Seems to be an obvious bug in the new plugin. This time could you please place the new version in the Beta section and place the previously known-good version back in the main section. That way its possible to downgrade to the previous known-good version if/when Beta versions fail.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Download UltraGCIR3 HSPI version 3.0.5582.31609. That should fix the issue you reported. Please confirm.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response and assistance with the a new version of the plugin! I really appreciate that! My faith in UltraJones has been renewed!

The new plugin works as advertised. The status names and graphics (when changed) now survive a restart of the HS3 server, and also report properly after a restart as they should with no problems. Thanks!

The only thing of note is this version of the UltraJones Plugin leaves behind two DOS windows open in the Windows O.S. See the attachment for a screenshot.

Seems that if I close these windows, the plugin stops reporting status changes until both these windows automatically re-open and initialize. Then status reporting starts again. Every time these windows are closed, the automatically re-open.

I'm assuming that this is what is supposed to happen; I only mention it because previous versions did not work this way.

Should these windows be left open?

Thanks in advance!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VictorR View Post
                Thanks for the prompt response and assistance with the a new version of the plugin! I really appreciate that! My faith in UltraJones has been renewed!

The new plugin works as advertised. The status names and graphics (when changed) now survive a restart of the HS3 server, and also report properly after a restart as they should with no problems. Thanks!

The only thing of note is this version of the UltraJones Plugin leaves behind two DOS windows open in the Windows O.S. See the attachment for a screenshot.

Seems that if I close these windows, the plugin stops reporting status changes until both these windows automatically re-open and initialize. Then status reporting starts again. Every time these windows are closed, the automatically re-open.

I'm assuming that this is what is supposed to happen; I only mention it because previous versions did not work this way.

Should these windows be left open?

Thanks in advance!
                I think you have "Developer Mode" switched on, which will display a console window for all plugins running. Killing those windows will kill the plugins. To fix this go to the Plugins menu, then Manage. At the top of the window (above the list of plugins) there is a small checkbox labelled "Developer Mode". Uncheck this and restart HS3 and you should be good.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Yup you were right! Somehow I managed to check that box. Everything is once again perfect!

Thanks again for the awesome support! you guys rock!!

Comment

Working...
                  X