No announcement yet.

Thermostats for UK - large system Horstmann HRT4-ZW heatmiser PRT-TS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested I've posted a public beta of the Heatmiser plug-in here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...97#post1141097
    Nicolai L

Comment

For the SRT321 Users, just updated to zwave plugin 3.0.0.177 (was running 165) and did a rescan of all my thermostats while in LI mode. It looks like everything is working like it should. Localy changed setpoint values are directly visible in HS, Setpoint changes from HS are executed directly in the first wakeup cycle, and I get the battery and current themperature reported in HS.
      Configuration is still as follows:

- Wakeup intervall 12 minutes.
      - Parameter 1 at 200 (any value above 128 will do)
      - Polling disabled at root, disabled at themperature child , 12 hours at battery child, 10 minutes at setpoint child.
      associations:
      Group1 Homeseer
      Group2 Switch that controls the heating valves.
      Group3 Homeseer
      Group4 Homeseer
      Group5 Homeseer

The only issue that I have is the Setpoint status value not changing before the next wakup interval as I described earlier.
      I just filed a bugzilla enhancement request for this one.
      http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2321
      Please back me up in this ticked if you think I have a valid point here..

Martijn.

Comment

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
        I think that if you want to buy new Heatmiser stats now that NEO should be the way to go.

For anyone interested I've just launched the plug-in for the NEO range as well. It is now in the updater.
        Nicolai L

Comment

Thank you for the info.
          Are you changing setpoints trough HSTouch or a mobile phone app?
          And if so could you share how you accomplished this?
          I've done it in HSTouch:
          Create one button for each value of the setpoint, it works. (You need to wait until next wakeup of the SRT321 / HRT4-ZW before the setpoint is done.)
          Attached Files

Comment

update on heatmiser

I now have 13 heatmiser stats (PRT TS WIFI) working on 13 zones all hard wired back to my valves/boiler/thermal store and all working perfectly reliably.

Homeseer and the plugin are rock solid with them.

Heating now very controllable and zoneable! Was only possible as I was refurbishing at the same time!

Comment

For the SRT321 Users, just updated to zwave plugin 3.0.0.177 (was running 165) and did a rescan of all my thermostats while in LI mode. It looks like everything is working like it should. Localy changed setpoint values are directly visible in HS, Setpoint changes from HS are executed directly in the first wakeup cycle, and I get the battery and current themperature reported in HS.
              Configuration is still as follows:

- Wakeup intervall 12 minutes.
              - Parameter 1 at 200 (any value above 128 will do)
              - Polling disabled at root, disabled at themperature child , 12 hours at battery child, 10 minutes at setpoint child.
              associations:
              Group1 Homeseer
              Group2 Switch that controls the heating valves.
              Group3 Homeseer
              Group4 Homeseer
              Group5 Homeseer

The only issue that I have is the Setpoint status value not changing before the next wakup interval as I described earlier.
              I just filed a bugzilla enhancement request for this one.
              http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2321
              Please back me up in this ticked if you think I have a valid point here..

Martijn.
              I am just converting my system from a Vera Plus to HS3, and my heating system is next (luckily at the moment I do not need the heating to work). I also use the SRT321 as a central thermostat. Do you use the BLstat plugin, how do you change setpoints ?

Comment

I use the programmable secure version of the stat. It works well except for changing set points.

It's not user friendly as you don't really know if it has changed or will change. You don't know when the next wake up cycle is so in my eyes it's pretty useless for that.
                What I want to do is leave it in Holliday mode and just set a setpoint from HStouch and compare it to the actual temperature of the stat and various temperature reason round the house.
                This is something missing for HS3 that would make things very powerful.
                I believe there are scripts that can be written but it should be out of the box.
                I do have it associated with the boiler heat relay so works even if HS is off.
                However HS seems solid so that is never an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Setpoint change is the main thing for me. Even on Vera it worked ok. So heating is the first point where HS looses out to Vera. Very surprising. I have some StellaZ's which I also need to control, again even in Vera pretty straight forward. On HS I read a lot but still no clue how to do it. Using events to poll then send setpoints don't really understand it (yet). Now I thought I'll convert my SRT321, thought that was an easy job. Obviously not the case. Maybe I should keep Vera for heating controls....

Comment

Working...
                  X