Manual override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual override

When going on holiday, I want to manually set target temperature to 10 degrees and deactivate the automatic schedule.

Is there any way to achieve this?
    Last edited by macromark; August 20, 2018, 03:50 PM.

Yes, that is what the Frost/Away mode is for.
    The default mode name for a heating VStat is Frost and for a cooling VStat is Away but you can change the names to whatever you want. Set the Frost SetPoint to 10 degrees and select Frost mode and the VStat will stay at that until you set the Mode back to Auto. You can do this manually or with events.

Also when in Frost mode if you increase or decrease the Target temp manually it will stay until the mode is changed.
    Basically Frost/Away mode suspends the schedules.

Steve
    Last edited by macromark; August 20, 2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, I use the Frost-setting for something else - work time and play time. They have a higher set point than night/day and I activate them to increase the temperature when were going to use the playroom or office.

Any chance there could be a mode manual? Which simply turns of scheduling? Then I could control it with the target temperature (which is missing the option of setting the temperature value - it has only increase/decrease-buttons).
      Last edited by macromark; August 20, 2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

There are a couple of things you can do currently that may or may not achieve what you want.

1. You can turn off scheduling for a particular VStat from the 'Config' page. However, this isn't intended to be swapped back and forth it just means that if you have a VStat that you want to only control manually you would turn off scheduling then control it by switching between the various SetPoints. This can be done manually or through events.

2. Whilst you can only directly control the Target Temp with the Increase/Decrease controls you can change the SetPoints either manually or through events. So you could use the Frost/Away mode for more than one scenarios by changing the Frost SetPoint, which of course changes the Target Temp.

Alternatively I could look at adding a control to change the Target Temp to any value in one step in addition to the Increase/Decrease buttons. I don't really want to add another Mode as the Frost/Away mode is already the manual mode.

What do you think?

Steve

Comment

I created a simple virtual switch (that I called "Manual") that gets tested in each event that is timed based:

If Time is 8:00am
          ThenIf Device Manual is set to "Off"
          Then...

Then you simply turn on or off the virtual switch as needed.

Actually, I have second virtual switch that I call "Occupied" with three states: Home, Away, Vacation. As I use different temperature settings based on being home/away/vacation, I just add the appropriate check on the timed temperature setting events as needed.

Now I can adjust my temperature settings automatically, and have a complete override when needed for special events.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            Alternatively I could look at adding a control to change the Target Temp to any value in one step in addition to the Increase/Decrease buttons. I don't really want to add another Mode as the Frost/Away mode is already the manual mode.

What do you think?

Steve

Comment

Ok, I will do that as soon as I have some time, should be in the next few days.
              You wont need to load an empty schedule because if you set the Mode to Frost/Away the schedule is suspended until you set it back to Auto.

Steve
              Last edited by macromark; August 20, 2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I've added the ability to set a value for Target Temp in addition to the Increase/Decrease buttons. This can be set from the Device Management screen or from an event.
                I've attached the HSPI_VStat.exe file for 3.0.8.4 in case you want to try it before it appears in the updater. HS doesn't allow me to submit beta's to the updater because all my plugins are free. It will appear in a few days and I'll then remove the attachment. Only the exe file needs replacing to update but remember to disable the plug-in first.

The change will affect new VStats. To upgrade an existing VStat to show the additional Target Temperature Control you need to click on the 'Rebuild VStat' button on the Config page.

Steve
                Last edited by SteveMSJ; July 2, 2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Ive installed the new version and it looks to be exactly what I need. Have to reconfigure my holiday-events and test it, but I think this will solve my problem. Thanks!
                  Last edited by macromark; August 20, 2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X