Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is telling you that your PLC does not have current firmware. In fact it is quite old. The functionality needed is not there.

Jon

Originally posted by crakoczy View Post
    I think I found part of the problem:

I tried to select the Insteon as the X10 controller, and it did the same behavior. It didn't select it, and instead gave me an error about "Inste" rather than "Insteon", just like it was showing "PowerLinc U" not "PowerLinc USB". It's missing the last two letters!

Insteon is spelled coprrectly under "io_interfaces", so I added it in manually as the "gSelectedX10Interface=Insteon"

Restater HS and now Insteon does appear as selected interface under X10 and Other in the Setup | Interfaces tab. Except:

It doesn't work. The log shows this:

4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins
    4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing X10 Plug-in: Insteon On COM Port 1
    4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
    4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Plugin: HSPI_Insteon.DLL - PLC RELEASE VERSION 1.0.0.0
    4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Insteon~!~RegisterCallback Completed
    4/3/2008 8:43:27 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Connecting to SmartHome Device Manager (SDM) component...
    4/3/2008 8:43:29 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Connected to SDM component, Checking Insteon interface connection...
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Insteon~!~Insteon interface found containing firmware version 0.9 (Version 0 Revision 9)
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Insteon~!~X10 Protocol Interface Initializing...
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing X10 interface Insteon: Error: You are running an Insteon interface with old firmware that is not compatible with this plug-in. Please contact SmartHome support for an updated unit with at least firmware version 2 revision 12.
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing X10 interface Insteon
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing infrared interface None
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: PowerTrigger
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~PowerTrigger~!~PowerTrigger Plug-In, Version 1.0
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in PowerTrigger
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: Power Monitor
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~Power Monitor Info~!~Power Monitor Plug-in Register callback complete
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
    4/3/2008 8:43:32 AM ~!~COM Plugin Info~!~Power Monitor Initializing...
    4/3/2008 8:43:34 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in Power Monitor
    4/3/2008 8:43:34 AM ~!~Info~!~Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
    4/3/2008 8:43:34 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing interface: Insteon->2nd attempt to global init the plug-in was ignored.
    4/3/2008 8:43:34 AM ~!~Info~!~Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

old firmware? nope, WEIRD ini file problem

It apparently ISN'T an old firmware issue as the PLC is a V2 model delivered from Smarthome two days ago, AND it reported correct firmware when I finally got it working, just before it got hosed again while trying to get the X10 control working again.

Like I said, this gets weird:

Something has affected HomeSeer's ability to write to my "setting.ini" file, at least as far as the "gSelectedX10Interface" entry goes. I first discovered this when Rupp asked me to check that entry in the file, and I saw it said "Inste" rather than "Insteon" or "PowerLinc U" instead of "PowerLinc USB".

Whenever I try to select something for the X10 interface, the file gets written with a truncated value (missing exactly and predictably the last two characters of the plug-in name), then upon the next restart, because it can't find the "Inste" or "CM11A/CM1" or whatever, it simply reported no license. If I entered "Insteon" manually it would enable, but report a firmware version problem. Deleting the "Insteon" value from that setting entry restored the Insteon plug-in functionality just fine.

So on the last restart of HomeSeer just a few minutes ago, I manually entered "X10 CM11A/CM12U" to replace the "X10 CM11A/CM1" that was showing up after trying to select that plug-in on the Setup | Interfaces screen.

It seems (for now) my *symptom* has been resolved and I have CM11A control of my X10 network and PLC control of my Insteon devices.

All HSI has to do is figure out what the root cause it, why my "settings.ini" entries are being truncated. Could it be some bug in the update to 2.2.0.66 which I performed just before this problem manifested itself?

-Chris

Comment

PS. With the CM11A back on as the X10 interface, my Insteon plug-in now reports firmware Version 2 Revision 13, above the required minimum I saw noted somewhere.

Comment

settings.ini entries truncated

Originally posted by crakoczy View Post
          Something has affected HomeSeer's ability to write to my "setting.ini" file, at least as far as the "gSelectedX10Interface" entry goes. I first discovered this when Rupp asked me to check that entry in the file, and I saw it said "Inste" rather than "Insteon" or "PowerLinc U" instead of "PowerLinc USB".

Whenever I try to select something for the X10 interface, the file gets written with a truncated value (missing exactly and predictably the last two characters of the plug-in name), then upon the next restart, because it can't find the "Inste" or "CM11A/CM1" or whatever, it simply reported no license. If I entered "Insteon" manually it would enable, but report a firmware version problem. Deleting the "Insteon" value from that setting entry restored the Insteon plug-in functionality just fine.

So on the last restart of HomeSeer just a few minutes ago, I manually entered "X10 CM11A/CM12U" to replace the "X10 CM11A/CM1" that was showing up after trying to select that plug-in on the Setup | Interfaces screen.

It seems (for now) my *symptom* has been resolved and I have CM11A control of my X10 network and PLC control of my Insteon devices.

All HSI has to do is figure out what the root cause it, why my "settings.ini" entries are being truncated. Could it be some bug in the update to 2.2.0.66 which I performed just before this problem manifested itself?

Hi all. First post as a HA newbie...

I was just struggling with a similar problem for YoYo's irTrans plugin. On HS startup the log was showing <i>Unable to initialize Infrared interface IRTra :Either no license or trial has expired</i>

Having found this post and then checked the settings.ini file, the <i>gSelectedIRInterface</i> entry was set to <i>IRTra</i> instead of <i>irTrans</i>.

Now that I've fixed that all seems to be OK. I can now configure the interface (previously permanently disabled) and have sent the first Ir commands from HS.

Now the fun begins.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Can one or more of you guys put in a help desk ticket on this please.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Help Desk call ID: 16486
              cheeryfool

Comment

Need Help Getting Insteon Plug-In Installed

My old computer recently crashed and I had to build a new PC and re-installing HS 2. I installed the plug in through the updater and was prompted to restart HS. Then after that I was prompted to install the SDM. Then I re-started HS again the following error is in the HS log.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/26/2008 5:04:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Registering HSPI_INSTEON.dll with Windows</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/26/2008 5:04:20 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Unable to access plugin: HSPI_INSTEON.dll, try reinstalling plug-in</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/26/2008 5:04:20 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: SmartHome PowerLinc USB, version: 1.0.0.7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/26/2008 5:04:20 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Restoring device status</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/26/2008 5:04:20 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-Ins

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have tried to re-install the SDM from the BIN\Insteon folder, but that didn't help either. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
                Greg

Comment

Did you try to reinstall the plugin?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

last two letters missing on gInterface=

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    I HAD put in a help desk ticket back when you first asked, but no one EVER got back to me on it. The only support I seem to get is here on the message boards. :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X