No announcement yet.

What thermostat to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how do you know if your supplemental heat is working? My new heat pump is a Trane and the tstat never shows supplemental heat even when we got to 13 degress a week or so back. This is what made me ask. I need to determine if my supplemental heat is actually working.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is your Trane a 2 stage heat pump? What Thermostat are you using? As long the first stage heat can keep up with demand the secondary doesn't kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
        Is your Trane a 2 stage heat pump? What Thermostat are you using? As long the first stage heat can keep up with demand the secondary doesn't kick in.
        You know, that's a good question. I assumed that all heat pumps were 2 stage with the heat strips being the second stage. Is this not correct?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Heat pumps can be either 2 or 3 stage heat and up to 2 stage cool

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            So how do you know if your supplemental heat is working? My new heat pump is a Trane and the tstat never shows supplemental heat even when we got to 13 degress a week or so back. This is what made me ask. I need to determine if my supplemental heat is actually working.
            I took the panel off where the strip heat lives and could tell right away it was working with the jumper set.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

My TZ43 kicks in EM Heat automatically and has a separate connection dedicated for EM Heat (but this is managed at my HVAC unit, not the tstat). The only way I know it's working is I can smell the dust burning on the coils when it turns on...it doesn't get used much Probably will tomorrow night though.

Comment

Does the wayne dalton allow for manual control of the Fan via z-wave?

I too would like a tz43 but 200bucks is a bit high.

Raptor
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                X