This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    for what it's worth, the insteon plugin does not read or modify the settings.ini gSelectedX10Interface key
    I thought that might be the case, it just occurred when I changed DLLs so I had to ask. It has only happened this one time - all other updates were like butter

I don't have motion sensors and such, only dimmers/relays but the plugin looks rock solid - thank you for the great work!

Can we convince you to create a full scene manager

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
      Can we convince you to create a full scene manager
      I'll add anything to the list, but i will need a lot more detail about this request. Add a post to the feature request thread and put down your thoughts (like what do you want a scene manager to do that you can't do now? how should the UI work (settings etc), what kind of integration with hs devices, etc)

thanks for the support
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I may have found a problem, not sure...

The goal has been to setup scene management - since HST seems to ignore this (maybe no one else does it, not sure). So...

Working setup went as such...
        KeypadLinc buttons set to transmit X10 addr
        HS receives button on/off (X10 addr sent) - uses to trigger events (scenes)

I recently decided to move to Insteon 100% and now it not longer works. Again, not sure if this is a plugin issue or core to HS.

I changed the above setup to now look like this...
        KeypadLinc buttons set to transmit Insteon addr
        HS receives button on/off (Insteon addr sent) - uses to trigger events (scenes)

HS is receiving both the X10 and Insteon addrs just fine... I can see them in the log. BUT, HS is not triggering events based on receiving the Insteon addrs.

example event...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
          I may have found a problem, not sure...

The goal has been to setup scene management - since HST seems to ignore this (maybe no one else does it, not sure). So...

Working setup went as such...
          KeypadLinc buttons set to transmit X10 addr
          HS receives button on/off (X10 addr sent) - uses to trigger events (scenes)

I recently decided to move to Insteon 100% and now it not longer works. Again, not sure if this is a plugin issue or core to HS.

I changed the above setup to now look like this...
          KeypadLinc buttons set to transmit Insteon addr
          HS receives button on/off (Insteon addr sent) - uses to trigger events (scenes)

HS is receiving both the X10 and Insteon addrs just fine... I can see them in the log. BUT, HS is not triggering events based on receiving the Insteon addrs.

example event...
          It may be as easy as switching the trigger to be status "changed to off" instead the transmit. But I am not on my Homeseer machine to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
            It may be as easy as switching the trigger to be status "changed to off" instead the transmit. But I am not on my Homeseer machine to confirm.
            thx, that worked much better

still seems odd that the other way did not work.

Comment

With this version is one able to rename the location and location2 info? I believe that the original did not allow this.

Thanks!
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Doesn't appear so.

Mark, would you please add support to allow for the location and location2 feature within HomeSeer?
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                  Doesn't appear so.

Mark, would you please add support to allow for the location and location2 feature within HomeSeer?
                  have you 'checked' the option on the config page "Use Location 2 information " this should display Location 2 info within the plugin if you have also enabled Location 2 in hs.

if you have have and aren't getting the expected results, please post a few screen shots from within the plugin and also the hs status page
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks - good point.. Duh!!!!! It's working....

Comment

This is a classy response!

This last exchange shows why Mark is so beloved here in Homeseer land.

When a request comes in for something in my plugin that's not my fault, and could even be the dreaded "user error", a developer/tech. support person has a few options:

1) Not my problem, not my plugin's fault, ignore.
                      2) Post a "not my fault", it's your problem.
                      or
                      3) Gently point out the solution to the problem, even though it's in HS itself, not in the plugin, and offer to help further if that didn't help. (Which is what Mark did)

This is in addition to

1) taking on a dead plugin that was abandoned by the author and HS,
                      2) learning it's ins/outs
                      3) Fixing bugs/problems and IMPROVING it, moving it forward
                      4) Doing it all for FREE.

THANKS, Mark. What you have done is noticed and appreciated!
                      Last edited by snedecor; February 8, 2010, 07:48 AM. Reason: capitalization

Comment

Hi Mark, let me add my thanks for the support and new features.....

In groups I can not seem to get any SwitchLinc Relay or Appliance link to stick with an "on". I select "on", save/reprogram and the device always switches back to "off".

-ron

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                          Hi Mark, let me add my thanks for the support and new features.....

In groups I can not seem to get any SwitchLinc Relay or Appliance link to stick with an "on". I select "on", save/reprogram and the device always switches back to "off".

-ron
                          Ron

is the problem that the display shows Off when you expect it to show On

how does the relay or applinc respond when you turn the group on or off?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, another very content user thanking you for your time and effort.

Thank you.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Mark, the SwitchLinc Relay or Appliance link, seem to program and I can control the group with on/off. However, when I return to the group menu the pull down indicates "off".

If I try to unselect the member from the group, hit save/reprogram, the plugin does not update the device and upon re-entering the group menu the device is still selected.

Thanks,
                              -ron
                              Last edited by basshook; February 9, 2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                                Mark, the SwitchLinc Relay or Appliance link, seem to program and I can control the group with on/off. However, when I return to the group menu the pull down indicates "off".

If I try to unselect the member from the group, hit save/reprogram, the plugin does not update the device and upon re-entering the group menu the device is still selected.

Thanks,
                                -ron
                                i found the bug. will include the fix in the next version.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X