X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<!-- / message -->
    danielbo

Comment

I do not understand why the hub icon on the task bar comes and goes. It is running but nothing show. I have only gotten it to show a few times.
      danielbo

Comment

It has a checkbox entry for no tray icon so somehow it is thinking it is set. It is really not too important. To view xAP messages I suggest you download the GUI xAP Viewer from xapFramework.net. I think Stuart's site is also mirrored at MI4.biz.

I did add the simulated call button in V1.5.1 that is posted at the top.

Comment

OK, I got that done. You had said about the simulated call button posted at the top. I am sorry did understand what you meant. Now where are we with this setup?
          I think all that was told to get is installed.
          You really would not believe how much I am enjoying this, and cant wait to see it work. I can not say thanks enough, nor can I think what I could to show you how much I do appreciate all of this.
          danielbo

Comment

At the top of this thread the latest xapmcsCID is posted. It is V1.5.1. When you open the setup page on it you will see a simulated call button in the lower left. If you press it it will deliver the number entered as if it was delivered from the phone line. You will see an xAP message in the xAP Message Viewer if it is installed.

Comment

O Michael, I did the test and that was just way to cool. I put a number in and clicked call and with in seconds I had a name of the Caller. It also said about the location. This is perfect.
              Ok, I have done the test, but have not had a real call yet. Does this mean it is working?
              Now is it going to update any of my address books?
              and what all of the programs will I need to keep running to make this work?
              I love it, You are SUPER, you dont know how long I have been looking for a program like this.
              Even if it cant update the HS phone address book, that is fine, it does tell me the name of the caller from a reverse look up. (this is great)
              Now it did not notify me on any of the remote computers, is there a way to do this also.

I am just to excited to get this set up to run on its own. Just need to know what needs to be running and where to put it to start. I had put some in the start menu of windows, I tried the start in HS but did not seem to work.
              And need to know if it is going to update a address book somewhere and is there a way to get the remote computer to also speak.

Its getting so close where I will not have to bother you any more, but many of Thanks so far.

Danielbo
              danielbo

Comment

When you select Outlook then it will update with new calls. I dont have hsPhone installed after it required the HST modem hardware so I did not add new contacts to that phonebook. It would be easy if I still had access to the hsphone scripting methods. In particular the method to create a new address object.

If you want notification on other computers then place whatever notification means you want (e.g. xapmcsVoice) on the other computer(s). You will need xapmcsHub on other computers that use xAP applications as well.

My prmary notification client for CID is xapmcsUM which is a little popup that shows the info and allows scroll of earlier messages.

I also updated to get rid of the popups taht were occurring when the internet was accessed. It is posted at the top as V1.5.3

Comment

Sound great, I am getting caller ID with reverse lookup and no popups. Now what programs should be running, I have three of them set up on the start up on windows. I tried to put them in the start up of HomeSeer and seemed not to work.
                  But what I have loading is
                  XAPMCSHUB>XAPMCSVOICE>HOMESEER>XAPMCSCID
                  Does this sound ok, or should I be doing it another way?
                  Dan
                  danielbo

Comment

They can be loaded in any sequence. It is good to start the hub first otherwise it might take up to 10 minutes for it to see the heartbeat of other xAP nodes.

Comment

As I have said many of many of times THANK YOU. I am really getting into this program.
                      danielbo

Comment

mcs CID device code?

Hi Michael,
                        I notice that in the latest version of xapmcsCID, the ability to set a house/device code is no longer there. Is that an intentional change, and if so, can you refer me to some information about it? I have a HS event that I'd like to trigger by the receipt of a phone call, so I'd like to be able to define some sort of trigger based on a change that is recognized by xapmcsCID. (I do have the mcsXAP plugin running, so I can make the translation from Xap to HS event, I think.) Thanks much!

Comment

I do not remember too much about the device code you reference. I do believe I had it in the mcsAudrey plugin to achieve what you wanted. For the xAp environment with xapmcsCID I would setup mcsXap to trigger on an event of a received xAP message wtih the class "CID.Incoming". If you want the CID information into devices then you should be able to map the raw data keys into devices. It has been a long time since I ever mapped raw data into devices, but I'm pretty certain mcsXap will let you do it.

Comment

Homeseer seeing mcsXAP messages

Hi Michael, thanks for that suggestion. I was also pursuing that track - I've got an event defined that triggers on receipt of a message (class=cid.incoming, section= cid.incoming, key=type, and Value=Voice). I know I'm generating those messages from the callerID device because I can see them with the Xap Viewer application. But for some reason Homeseer isn't seeing them - they don't show up in the homeseer log, and my event isn't triggering. I expect there's a checkbox I'm missing on mcsXAP to get Homeseer to see messages from the Xap network. I'll check for documentation, but if you happen to remember how to do that, I'd appreciate a pointer. Thanks!

Comment

It should be the checkbox for xAP Event Triggers. If you have it checked and still no luck then let me know again. It has been a long time since I did anything with this feature. It was likely before HS2.

Comment

working now

I used mcsXap to create the cid_incoming devices in HS, and I'm triggering my event from a change in the "formatted time" device. The event sends a "pause" to Slimserver via the Slimserver Xap connector to pause music, waits 9 seconds (long enough to announce the caller), and then sends a "play" to Slimserver to restart the music. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X