Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't set ON or OFF in device actions for appliance modules

Here is another weird problem.

When I try to set a device action of ON or OFF in an event for an appliance module, it changes it to "All Units Off" if I select "On" and it changes it to "All Lights On" if I select "Off". I cannot select anything but those two commands.

Sounds like the module isn't programmed correctly.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, how should it be programmed? Do you have any UPB appliance modules? There aren't many programming options, that I could see, for appliance modules. I don't believe it's a module problem because the problem occurs when defining the event, not when executing it. HS isn't trying to communicate with the module when you're defining an event.

Comment

What changes, the resulting action after you save? The only difference between the lighting devices and the appliance devices as far as HomeSeer goes is that the dimmable flag is not set on the appliance devices. If the action just seems to change by itself then there might be a bug in HS. The plugin does not do anything at all other than setup the device for HomeSeer as far as device actions go.

Originally posted by DC
        Here is another weird problem.

When I try to set a device action of ON or OFF in an event for an appliance module, it changes it to "All Units Off" if I select "On" and it changes it to "All Lights On" if I select "Off". I cannot select anything but those two commands.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

When I select "Off" from the command pull-down menu, it immediately changes to "All Lights On" as soon as I select it. Here is what happens when I try to select each of the options:

All Units Off -- works OK
          All Lights On -- works OK
          On -- selects All Units Off
          Off -- selects All Lights On
          Set Value -- selects All Lights On
          Increment Value -- selects all Lights On
          Decrement Value -- selects all Lights On

I'm only seeing this on UPB appliance modules. I created a test device as a regular appliance module and it doesn't happen.

It's as if there is a table somewhere that contains valid actions for that device type and only those two actions are valid.

See attached screen shots.
          Attached Files

Comment

DC,

I don't change the device type after the upe file has been imported by HS. All of my UPB devices are described as UPB Load/Light Controller, which is appropriate, since there is no need to have a load controller vs. a light controller.

In UPStart, simply make your well pump device an "applicance" module by selecting the following:

In Options, select Dimming -> Disabled. Under Configured Top (and Bottom) Rocker Switch Action, select Snap! for "At this fade rate".

When the device is configured this way, only an On or Off should appear on the status page of HS.

BTW, when I use UPStart and configure a new device, I found that under Options, the check box by Report light level was not checked as a default. I went to all my devices and selected this check box.

Michael

Comment

The UMA-20 is an appliance module. It handles larger loads than the lamp module in non-dimming mode.

I'm trying to duplicate the problem as I type...

Originally posted by MRTaylor
              DC,

I don't change the device type after the upe file has been imported by HS. All of my UPB devices are described as UPB Load/Light Controller, which is appropriate, since there is no need to have a load controller vs. a light controller.

In UPStart, simply make your well pump device an "applicance" module by selecting the following:

In Options, select Dimming -> Disabled. Under Configured Top (and Bottom) Rocker Switch Action, select Snap! for "At this fade rate".

When the device is configured this way, only an On or Off should appear on the status page of HS.

BTW, when I use UPStart and configure a new device, I found that under Options, the check box by Report light level was not checked as a default. I went to all my devices and selected this check box.

Michael
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Any luck figuring this one out?

Comment

Yes. There is a new HomeSeer build being posted shortly, likely tomorrow. At that point you will need to delete any devices that were created or altered by build 1988 of HomeSeer and let the plug-in re-create them. Events tied to those devices will need to be edited but so long as you edit them after the devices are re-created they should be fine.

Originally posted by DC
                  Any luck figuring this one out?
                  Jon Ort
                  JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

If I delete devices that are used in events, are you saying I have to add the device actions back into the events? That wouldn't be good. I just spent about an hour adding UPB devices and links to events.

Comment

Working...
                    X