What is a good signal level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good signal level?

I have two devices installed. One on the same phase as the PIM and it shows a signal level at the device of 13 and at the PIM as 10.

The second device is on the opposite phase and it shows 7 and 5, respectively.

Are these good signal levels or do I need to do something to strengthen my signal? Is there a signal amplifier? I do have the phase coupler installed (device 2 wouldn't work at all without it).

Update: I just plugged in two more lamp modules in an upstairs bedroom and one of them shows FAILED when testing communication with UPStart. HS can control the device but UPStart says it can't communicate with it. These devices are nowhere near the farthest from my interface that I need so I'm worried now! Someone told me that UPB signals could travel "up to a mile". Based on what I've seen so far, I doubt that seriously.
    Last edited by DC; October 5, 2005, 01:04 AM.

DC,
    Do you have trouble with X10 signals as well? It sounds like you have some serious noise or signal sucking problems on you power lines. Z-Wave didn't work for you either? Do you live near the Bermuda Triangle?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Strange, I have my PIM plugged into a UPS in my computer room which has three other UPSs, where x-10 didn't stand a chance and I'm getting strong signals on both ends. Sorry, I don't recollect the numbers right off hand. When I'm in there next, I'll check and reply back here.
      HS: 2.5.0.60
      Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
      Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
      Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
      Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
      Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
      UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
      Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Working...
      X