Sa Pim 4.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa Pim 4.15

I bought a new SA PIM and it seems to be working ok. The only concern I have is that the UPBStart software identifies it as firmware 4.15 and the posts on I see suggest that I should be at firmware 4.2x. Any thoughts on the subject? Should I try to return it?
    Last edited by jasv; October 16, 2005, 01:27 PM.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Mine is at 4.15 also so I would be interested in this answer too. Can the firmware be upgraded?

Comment

As is mine. I understand, however, that the firmware is not field upgradeable.

Michael

Comment

I got mine from AO within the last month. Mine is 4.15 also. Although I had it report version 0.00 after my 1st attempt at custom script programming It took a factory reset to put it back to normal.
        Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

PIM (CIM) Firmware

4.15 is the current firmware.

Comment

Current Firmware ?

There is a thread where a couple of experts talk about version 4.2. The thread
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107699
            has the following post which clearly talks about a 4.2 version of the firmware.
            So where am I confused?

The SA PIM that you have is the same version as the SA PIM that I use and it properly generates the ACK/NACK bit. I would not return it based solely on this criteria.

I'm not tracking versions of the UPB Plugin, but I believe that the initial release ignored the ACK/NACK because the SA PIM 4.2.x did not process it correctly. I never knew that a problem existed with the 4.2.x firmware so xapmcsUPB does process it and gives up to three retries if either the ACK is not received or a NACK is received.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Current Firmware

Could it be that they are not referring to the PIM (CIM) firmware? The current version for PCS and SA interface module is 4.15.

Comment

P.S. - Brad is responsible for technical support for SA.
                Martin Custer

Comment

I will stop worrying

Brand and Martin. Thanks for the clarification.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                  X