Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used HAL Appliance Module w/ SA UPB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used HAL Appliance Module w/ SA UPB?

I found this appliance module at Frys.com and wondered if it will work with Simply Automated UPB?

If the link doesn't work just search Frys.com for HAL and find the appliance module.

http://shop3.outpost.com/%7BRw1yadtXvMmJylm1ZRnnag**.node3%7D/product/4734599;jsessionid=Rw1yadtXvMmJylm1ZRnnag**.node3?site=sr:SE ARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

UPStart shouldn't care...

I have some HAI switches that work just fine with SM modules, Homeseer and UPBStart. I am pretty sure you won't have any issues.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks. These are HAL not HAI, but I if understand correctly, you are suggesting that any UPB module should work with UPStart.

Comment

Yes..

Any UPB module should work with UPStart.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Great, Thank you.

Comment

I've used them and they work fine.

aldon

Comment

Local control?

Has anybody found a solution to add local control to these modules? I use the SA UPStart and was wondering if a different version of the s/w supported configuring these modules for local control.

gk

Comment

Scott,

FYI the UPB/HAI products sold at Fry's "were" manufactured by Simply Automated, and would be compatible.

Dave

Comment

Greg,

Look under the "Options" tab in upstart. You should see an option for reporting local status.
                  Martin Custer

Comment

Martin, I was asking about local control not status. There isn't a setting to enable local control, because it looks like the HAL/SA unit doesn't support local control. Apparently, there is both a UMA and a UMA-E version from SA. The HAL device is equivalent to the UMA-E which doesn't have local control.

products

doc for UMA-E

Comment

Working...
                    X