No announcement yet.

Honeywell Enviracom Zone Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as much progress as I'd like, life just sometimes gets in the way.

However, I have introduced some threadlocking and such to make it start up cleaner.

If you are interested in trying it, it is pretty much reading info from the HVAC but not sending commands. I have some queing and retry logic to get straight in my head before I get that working. You can send some message through some test scripts I have if you want to play with it.

Shoot me a pm with your email address and I will send you a copy if you like.

Best Regards,

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by homeCanuck View Post
      I'm working on .NET code for Enviracom as well.

Has anyone been able to disable a period through a 1F80 command?
      I can easily change the schedule for a specific day/period, but I can seem to disable the period.
      I'm thinking you might just have to set the schedule time to -1 to disable the period.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
        I'm thinking you might just have to set the schedule time to -1 to disable the period.
        Env doesn't accept negative times.
        I got it working, you actually have to change the first 2 data packets to "07 FF" and keeps all other packets the same.

I've got everything in the API working now. It's just too bad the bus is 19200. Updates are pretty slow.

Comment

Sorry, that's what I meant -- all bits set to one in the time field.

Data Byte 1 N Bit 0-2 - Time high bits
          Data Byte 2 N Time low byte

Did you actually use the Honeywell api code? I found I could to better on my on in a multi-threaded environment.

Comment

I wrote it in .NET and used the API as a reference because I noticed a number of times the enviracom_message_format document was wrong or incomplete.

Comment

I have loaded my plugin sources on source forge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/enviracomhvac

It is way way pre-alpha, but feel free to look it over.

Comment

Hi Mitch,
                Just noticed the new posts to this thread! I've downloaded the plugin from SF, but can't seem to be able to configure the COM port number that the interface is on. Let me know what to do. I can't find any documentation indicating how to set things up. Thanks!

Comment

Looks like I might be missing a config file? I see reference to "config\enviracomhavc.config" in the source. Can't find any file by this name.

Comment

yep, no documentation at all. The whole web interface is read only at this point even though it looks like it has submit buttons etc.

Configuration is done by editing the enviracomhvac.config file in the Homeseer config subdirectory. I think the installer may not have picked up that file, but I have included the file as a text attachment, edit as needed.

I'm not really much of a web programmer so I have not done much with the UI.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also missing is the enviracomextras.vb script I have been using to put testing buttons on the devices. See attached...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, just saw the post about the extras, will download that is a minute. Not sure what I should be seeing to know that I have this configured correctly. The web interface still says I have no units after editing, placing the file in the config directory, and restarting the plugin.

Comment

It does appear to be a spelling error. havc vs. hvac. Code = havc, filename = hvac.

Comment

I have actual thermostat status messages on my screen! You have no idea how many ways you just made my day! Can you show me how to "poke it with a stick" so that all the thermostats will send their info and get rid of all these "Uninitialized" messages? Is one of these vb commands used to query the entire system?

Comment

Can you describe your system? Do you have a zone controller?

Try the query all schedules button, that should get them talking.

Comment

Yes, I have a single controller with three zones. I get some updates, but only as the thermostats broadcast a particular message. I'm sorry to admit that I have no idea how to get this vb script to do anything? HomeSeer scripting is really new to me... It hasn't really been a priority because I really wanted HVAC, security, lighting working together before I really wrote any serious scripts. HVAC was the last thing on my list, and well, it's here!

Comment

Working...
                                X