Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-In Version 1.5.2 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonCluts View Post
    I will try to get the logs tonight. However I still can't post attachments to the forum. When I create a message, I get the following in my posting rules box:

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

Perhaps, an admin can update my account? If not, I would be happy to email them to you.

Thanks,
    Jonathan
    I think you will be able to post attachments after a few more posts. i think either forum user Rupp or Macro Mark can change your profile. maybe a post to their visitor page will help
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Log Files

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      I think you will be able to post attachments after a few more posts. i think either forum user Rupp or Macro Mark can change your profile. maybe a post to their visitor page will help
      OK. Thanks! (posting again in hope of updating the counter. )

Comment

Carlo,

Another user mentioned to me that you need to use the 'Tap-Add' feature to register the device. Adding it manually will not work as we have found out.

so put the device into linking mode and then click the 'tap-add new insteon devices' btn from the plugin Manage Devices page.

Mark

Thanks for the info! That worked and I now can control it through the status page.

Thanks
        Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by ccaiati@rcn.com View Post
          Mark

Thanks for the info! That worked and I now can control it through the status page.

Thanks
          Carlo
          Thanks great.

let me know if you have any problems with the device so we can work them out for the next user
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

MorningLinc Problems - Error Log

Jonathan,

I need to see the log related to the registration process

can you post the part of the log that show where you registered the device with the plugin. If you don't have it or you didn't have detailed debugging turned on, would you mind deleting it and reregistering with detailed debugging on.

also, i need to see your ini with the section for the device
            Mark,

Ok got my posting permissions figured out (thanks Rupp!) and have tried to get you what you need. Here are the steps I took:
            1. Turned on detailed debugging on.
            2. Removed the MorningLinc
            3. Added the MorningLinc Back, by entering the ID. I did not tap add it.
            4. Checked that it worked from the Status page. It controlled the lock correctly.
            5. Added a device command to an Event to lock the deadbolt. When I test the event the event fails and posts the following to the Homeseer log:
            <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/9/2011 11:35:20 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Insteon </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hope this helps and again thanks for your work on this plug in.
            Last edited by JonCluts; January 15, 2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Turns out your need to tap-add the morninglinc. Have you tried this
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

MorningLinc

Turns out your need to tap-add the morninglinc. Have you tried this
                Well, I initially tap-added my Morninglinc (before updating to 1.5.2 plug-in).

After that it is always recognized by just adding in the ID.

Tonight,after reading your suggestion, I tried several times to delete it an add it back by tap-adding, but it always fails (it discovers the MorningLinc device but says it can't read the links). In this mode it does not work from the status page any longer.

Let me know what other information I can provide.

Thanks!
                Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan, please try this build and report back.

added: You may need to readd the device in order to get the status page btns to work again
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mnsandler; January 9, 2011, 11:02 PM. Reason: one more comment
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Morninglinc

Mark,

I was able to try out the new version you posted and was able to add the MorningLinc device and it correctly read its settings. I am able to control the device from the status page, but still am not able to add a device control event in an event. When the event is run I see this error in the log:

1/12/2011 6:29:19 PM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

I have attached the latest log here as well.

Thanks again for all your support.
                    Last edited by JonCluts; January 15, 2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Mark,

I was able to try out the new version you posted and was able to add the MorningLinc device and it correctly read its settings. I am able to control the device from the status page, but still am not able to add a device control event in an event. When the event is run I see this error in the log:

1/12/2011 6:29:19 PM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

please post a screen shot of the event action you have defined. it looks like you are trying to turn the morninglinc on, is that correct?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Jonathan, please install this build, keep detailed debugging on and rerun the same scenario. i added a few extra log entries so i can see what values are causing the error.

I don't have a morninglinc to try so this may be a little slow with all the back and forth.
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here's another data point for you. My Morninglinc works, but I am unable to read or modify links in it.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                            Here's another data point for you. My Morninglinc works, but I am unable to read or modify links in it.
                            Joe,

if you aren't runing 1.5.2.13 or later, please upgrade to the build (1.5.2.19) posted above. I made a change regarding the link database on the ML which i think fixed that problem.

can you try an event action that turns the ML on or off and post your results

i guess i need to bug SH to send me a ML; i'll see what i can do.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Joe,

if you aren't runing 1.5.2.13 or later, please upgrade to the build (1.5.2.19) posted above. I made a change regarding the link database on the ML which i think fixed that problem.

can you try an event action that turns the ML on or off and post your results

i guess i need to bug SH to send me a ML; i'll see what i can do.
                              I'll try it tonight. (Events are working for me now. I'm at 1.5.2.0)

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                                I'll try it tonight. (Events are working for me now. I'm at 1.5.2.0)
                                Joe, don't bother with the build i mentioned above. it will not work for you based on what i see from JonCluts

i'll post a fix later tonight for all to try
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X