Keypad control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad control

I would like the ability to send commands to the Keypads. I turn various speakers on in the house with the keypad command "*46". I use HSTouch for control of lights and utilize jvcaddx/HSTouch for control of the alarm system. It would be nice to have jvcaddx scripting for keyboard commands
    Jim

Not sure I follow but the plugin does allow you to trigger events based on a user ID. Have you looked at the jvCaddx keypad trigger for an event?

I created a null user of 4321 and when I enter that on a keypad it triggers a homeseer event to start shutting down the house by turning off the lights and the setting the alarm in stay mode.

Can you give a little more explanation by what you mean with keyboard commands?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

To explain a little further. The 4321 code is actually user #20 in the panel. The jvcaddx keypad trigger would need to say 20 because the trigger is based on the user number and not the code.

This is a caddx/networx restriction to protect the code (I am guessing).
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James- by the way I meant to thank you again for such a wonderful plug-in. It has worked great through the years!
        What I want to do is almost opposite from what you are describing. I use the Caddx Light Control commands (*46X- X being Lights 0 through 9) from the panel keyboards to toggle my various speakers on and off in my home for audio associated with the jvcaddx events. e.g. I key "*468" and the keypad displays "Light 8 ON/Off". This actually controls audio from my PC to my bedroom speaker on or off.
        What I want to do is to input this directly to the panel via jvCaddx/Homeseer script or as a feature of jvcaddx.
        What do you think?
        Jim

Comment

I have something to learn here. I thought the light controls were via x10 using a PIM attached to the panel. If not that way, how is you panel controlling the speakers/lights? Is it an aux relay?

I will look into this further but I am curious.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have a NX-507e relay board in my system. The NX-507e can "read" X-10 codes generated by the NX-148e Keypads for the X-10 Light Control. The Keypads and Relay Board of course speak via the internal serial bus and this is how the X10 information is transmitted. I route audio through the relays on the NX-507e.
            I am just about all exclusively z-wave now but I still use the X-10 function internally to the panel.
            Jim

Comment

I do have a way to have the panel send x10 commands which seems like it should do what you want. What do you think? If so I could probably make a change tomorrow night.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

That would be great! Thanks James!

Comment

Send X10

Here is a version for you to try. the syntax is as follows

hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").sendx10("h", n, "function")

The first parameter is the housecode (must be in quotes), the second is the unit number (no quotes) and the third is the function (in quotes)"

The functions are
                  "on", "off", "all units off" , "all lights on", and "all lights off"

I don't use x10 so I can't really test. Try it out and let me know of any issues.
                  Last edited by jasv; December 31, 2010, 04:21 PM.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Tried this:

sub main()
                    hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").sendx10("O", 10, "on")
                    end sub
                    and got this error:

12/30/2010 3:49:51 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: Voices On Up.txt1044:Cannot use parentheses when calling a Sub in line 2 More info: Cannot use parentheses when calling a Sub

I'm not very good at scripting...
                    Jim

Comment

I think there is something else wrong with you script. Try this on the immediate script box of the "Control" page.

hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").sendx10("O", 10, "on")

When I cut and pasted that part to the immediate script, it gave me what I expected in the log.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I think the syntax I gave you is the .vb code. If you take out the 2nd set parentheses it will work.

hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").sendx10 "O", 10, "on"
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James.
                          Yes indeed removing the parenthesis did cause this to be sent to the panel:
                          12/31/2010 11:47:58 AM - jvCaddx Plug-In In - sent 29151028 to the panel
                          12/31/2010 11:47:58 AM - jvCaddx Plug-In In - sent 29141028 to the panel
                          This was the "On" command for O10 and P10. However, nothing occurs. The two relays on the 507 board do not respond.
                          I am interested in the number sequence and how that corresponds to an X10 code?
                          Jim

Comment

The 29 is the command to the panel to send the x10. The 15 is supposed to represent the house code starting with a = 0. But if your house code is an "o" that should be #14? I must have a bug. I will take a look.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Sorry. I re-read your post and I see you were sending both an "o" and a "p". BTW, the last 2 digits represent the function. I have a 507installed also, I will see if I can install my x10 pim to see what is happening.
                              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                              X