This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
    Thanks Mark. Comm stats are about 90% good and 10% excellent. Nothing bad. 2 hops are in the majority. The latest occurance was at 6:34 in the morning when there would be very little electrical demand or noise.

Will have to look into the chipset issue.
    I get this problem when there are nearby electrical storms.

Comment

Well that's a new one. I hope you can figure something out otherwise just setup HS to restart as I mentioned before.

I actually use a serial PLM (2413S) which doesn't suffer from this problem. Might be worth a swap if this becomes unresolvable.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm just throwing this out there for something to look at.

I built a new PC, and I use a high end R.A.T 9 mouse, which is wireless.

The mouse goes to sleep with inactivity. And the PC also had parts that went to sleep with inactivity. Sometimes, the PC would wake up but the mouse wouldn't.

Anyway, under Control/Panel/Power Options. There is an advance link.
        Under advance, there is a section for USB.

In my case, I selected to never shutdown USB and all my problems went away.

My Homeseer PC has all power options set to never sleep. USB, Hard drives, video everything.

You may want to check there.

Comment

Thank You.

Mark Sandler had already advised me to shut off the power management on the USB. I did that and HomeSeer ran for 12 days without a problem which is a record since putting it on the dedicated machine. Prior to that 30 days was about the limit, and after it would shut down every 5 to 7 days.

Still a mystery. Still troubleshooting.

Comment

Thank You.

Mark Sandler had already advised me to shut off the power management on the USB. I did that and HomeSeer ran for 12 days without a problem which is a record since putting it on the dedicated machine. Prior to that 30 days was about the limit, and after it would shut down every 5 to 7 days.

Still a mystery. Still troubleshooting.
            How's the system running?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for asking. After doing some of the things you recommend, the system stayed on line for 11 days before a major failure.

I have since installed JON00's application to shut down and restart HomeSeer. That worked perfectly on Sunday and then again on Tuesday while I was out of town but earlier today the PLM tried to restart and for some reason the application & script did not. Had to intervene manually.

I know you said to deal with the chipset issue which is way above my compentancy but I am going to have the I-T guy that takes care of our server and network take that on.

As always, I appreciate all of your work on this.

Comment

One more thing. After a crash the PLM interface display usually only shows 13 links instead of 444. I run the reset and they come back.

And not sure if this is related, but about the time I started having all these problems, I lost all X10 functionality through the PLM. Interface is enabled but nothing. I have very few X10 devices and they work fine from other controllers, but not communication with HomeSeer.

Very little X10 left. Ademco alarm system interface and X10 remotes used to trigger events.

There is a phase coupler in the breaker panel and X10 commands work unless HomeSeer is involved.

House used to be all X10 but made the change to Insteon to get more "normal" looking/feeling switches.
                Last edited by gjtherk@comcast.net; April 13, 2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Maybe its time for a new PLM or replacement if its still under warranty. Consider a 2413s as we discussed earlier.

Is the ademco alarm a Vista model?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark:

I'm going to order the serial version of the PLM and see if that works.

The alarm system is a Ademco Vista-50P I think.

Had a different Vista when I built the house in 1990 and I had this one put in when I remodeled in 2002 because I needed more zones and other functionality the original didn't support.

Comment

I'm sure you will be much happier with the 2413s. I recently swapped by 2412s for a 2413s with the v1.7 plugin and it worked great.

have you considered the nutech ad2usb & vista alarm plugin for your 50p?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ordered the 24123s this morning.

36 hours from last fail, more trouble. But Jon00's script ran flawlessly, shut down and restarted HomeSeer. And this time, all 444 links were intact.

Didn't know there was a Vista plug in. Are you familiar with it? Would love to get rid of the remaining X10.

4/14/2012 11:13:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                        4/14/2012 11:13:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:13:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Transmit failed to device 05.9B.B5 for cmd 00 00 00 05 9B B5 0A 13 00 after 3 tries.
                        4/14/2012 11:13:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:13:34 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:13:39 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:13:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:13:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:14:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/14/2012 11:15:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM could not be restarted. The plugin is being shutdown. Please restart HS.
                        4/14/2012 11:15:25 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Interface Reset"

Comment

Wondering

I have a number of insteon devices that are used to control Christmas lighting. Once the decorations come down, I unplug and store the devices.

It seems that the PLM spends a lot of time trying to find those devices when polling although the polling interval is set at 0.

Wondering if this might be a piece of the puzzle??

Comment

I have a number of insteon devices that are used to control Christmas lighting. Once the decorations come down, I unplug and store the devices.

It seems that the PLM spends a lot of time trying to find those devices when polling although the polling interval is set at 0.

Wondering if this might be a piece of the puzzle??
                            If the polling interval is 0, the scheduled polling should not bother with the device. If you click the Poll Device from the status page, these devices will be polled regardless of the polling interval.

Can you post a log snippet showing the failed polling attempts of these devices that are offline (ie in storage).

Let me know which scenario (scheduled polling or manual Poll Device) you are referring to.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Didn't know there was a Vista plug in. Are you familiar with it? Would love to get rid of the remaining X10.
                              I'm familiar with the The Vista plugin...is mine as well

Check out the device called the ad2usb from nutech.com. It connects to the panel like a keypad and can read msgs from and send cmds to the panel.

The vista plugin interfaces with the ad2usb and gives you zone, partition and system status as well as the ability to arm & disarm the system. There are custom triggers, events and actions as well.

One thing to note: the ad2usb comes in a usb and serial version just like the PLM. The ad2usb uses the same ftdi drivers like the PLM.

But lets get the PLM issue resolved first.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Polling

The polling method is when I force it from the screen. I don't think it happens otherwise. I have a number of devices that are on line that don't register in the list, but seem to have their status displayed correctly on the status screen. (Mstr everything is a button on a controlinc. not sure why that shows at all) This is one room:

Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Floor Fan (Status is: )
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Closet, walk in (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Ceiling Light (Status is: )
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (Status is: )
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Table Lamps (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: Christmas Bdrm, Mstr Candles (Status is: Polling Failed)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Bath Tub (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Linen Closet (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Shower (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Table Lamps (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Ceiling Fan Light (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Floor Fan (Status is: Off)
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Everything (Status is: )
                                Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Vanity (Status is: Off)

Comment

Working...
                                X