This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
    The polling method is when I force it from the screen. I don't think it happens otherwise. I have a number of devices that are on line that don't register in the list, but seem to have their status displayed correctly on the status screen. (Mstr everything is a button on a controlinc. not sure why that shows at all) This is one room:

Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Floor Fan (Status is: )
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Closet, walk in (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Ceiling Light (Status is: )
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (Status is: )
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Table Lamps (Status is: Off)
    Polling: Christmas Bdrm, Mstr Candles (Status is: Polling Failed)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Bath Tub (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Linen Closet (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Shower (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Table Lamps (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Ceiling Fan Light (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Floor Fan (Status is: Off)
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Everything (Status is: )
    Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Vanity (Status is: Off)
    i guess i need to change the controlinc polling property so its not polled.

what's an example of an online device that isn't showing in the list that you expect?

I doubt the manual polling is causing the plm issue, or even the offline devices in this situation. but could you post a detailed log of this same manual polling scenario and let me check.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Ceiling Light (Status is: )
      Polling: 2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (Status is: )

Comment

PLM u / PLM s Swap

After ordering the serial version of the PLM, the USB worked flawlessly for 7 days. Failed this morning, so I decided to install the serial version. Tried the swap. Twice.

Second attempt, not very successful.

The swap routine finished.

Devices successfully reprogrammed: 53
        Devices did not need to be reprogrammed: 4
        Devices not reprogrammed: 72

2nd Flr Bdrm, Guest Wall Sconce (07.18.46) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        1st Flr Family Room Bar (07.3A.03) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        2nd Flr Hallway, 2nd Floor Wall Sconce (05.A5.03) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        2nd Flr Stairs Toe Lights Upper (08.30.EC) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        Exterior Exterior Flood Lamps Kennel (shop) (05.9B.2B) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        Basement Rec Room FIreplace Spots (08.37.D6) failed with reason: Could not read the link table
        Exterior Exterior Flood Lamps NE (08.1A.61) failed with reason: Failed to update all the links
        Keypad Bar Keypad Bar (09.99.F9) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Bar Soffit West (08.38.5E) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Gym Gym Keypad (09.8F.82) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Keypad Rec Room Keypad Rec East (09.9B.6E) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Family Room Undercabinet Light (09.63.16) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Bath, 1st Vanity Lights (08.3B.E1) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bath, 2nd Floor Shower Room (08.39.E5) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Bath, 1st Table lamp (0D.42.B8) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Guest Table Lamp (0D.44.C9) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Family Room Table Lamp (0D.41.C2) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Dining Rm Table Lamp (0D.44.45) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Three Season Floor Lamp (0D.44.D4) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, NE Table Lamp (0D.42.BA) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Rec Room Book Shelf Lamp (0D.44.C7) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Floor Fan (0B.FE.6A) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Table Lamps (0D.44.44) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Closet, walk in (09.62.DB) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Shower (08.3D.5E) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Exterior Exterior Receptacle, Main Deck (0B.34.73) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Exterior Exterior Receptacle, Mstr Deck (0B.38.F6) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Keypad Exterior Keypad south (09.8E.70) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Utility Room PBX Music On Hold (0E.B3.98) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Family Room Camera (0E.B4.49) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Utility Room Heat Exchanger (0E.B3.99) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Exterior Exterior Receptacle, North (11.4B.D2) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Exterior Exterior Receptacle, East (11.4C.CE) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Dinette Lamp, Bakers Rack (0E.85.48) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Rec Room Floor Lamp (0E.7E.4D) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Office Undercabinet (0E.B3.5A) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Bar Jar Light (0E.B3.54) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Rec Room Mantle Santa (0E.85.23) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Window Seat (07.15.D5) failed with reason: The device did not response
        1st Flr Living Rm Floor Lamp (0E.7B.CB) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Foyer Santa (0E.B5.4B) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Rec Room Christmas Tree Wooden (05.CC.FA) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Basement Rec Room Display Case (0E.7E.CB) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Utility Room Motion Detector (14.1B.F8) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Exterior Motion Detector North (14.18.69) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Bath, Bsmt Motion Detector (14.2B.BA) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Family Room Motion Detector (14.2B.D4) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Office Motion Detector (14.2E.E4) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Bar Motion Detector (14.35.D5) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Keypad Office Flood Lamps NW (16.78.27) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Garage Motion Detector (14.35.D4) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Exterior Motion Detector East (14.5D.D4) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Bdrm, Mstr Motion Detector (14.6D.2E) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Laundry Motion Detector (14.69.48) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Hallway, 2nd Floor Ceiling Mstr (17.AB.B8) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Hallway, 2nd Floor Ceiling NE (17.AC.52) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Hallway, 2nd Floor Ceiling South (17.AC.FF) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Hallway, 2nd Floor Ceiling Down (16.2D.CC) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Living Rm Ceramic Christmas Tree (18.BF.C8) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Dining Rm Candles (18.BF.7F) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Living Rm Candles (18.BC.D9) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Bdrm, NE Candles (18.BB.F9) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Bdrm, Guest Candles (18.BB.E0) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Christmas Bdrm, Mstr Candles (18.BC.32) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Exterior Motion Detector - Walkout (14.6D.12) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Kitchen Motion Detector (14.69.75) failed with reason: The device did not response
        House Inventory Motion Detector (14.6D.6F) failed with reason: The device did not response
        Inventory Inventory 0E.7E.47 (0E.7E.47) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Linen Closet (03.87.74) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Bath Tub (1A.51.84) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Vanity (1A.60.65) failed with reason: The device did not response
        2nd Flr Bdrm, Mstr Controlinc Gary (19.92.E2) failed with reason: The device did not response

Comment

You can run the routine several times and put in the new PLM ID each time. The routine will only reprogram those devices that still have the old PLM ID.

did you put the RF devices (MSs, etc) into linking mode when the plugin asked?

seems like you are having some comm issues if 53 devices were reprogramed and 73 weren't
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark:

yes I did put the RF devices into linking mode and none of them actually registered on either attempt. I also found that when they are programmed sequentially, that is to say that when I linked and programmed one and then the prompt for another showed up, the button hold to put the second device into linking mode actually linked the second device to the first device. I would then have to press and hold a second time to put the second unit in linking mode.

Going through the list manually now deleting old PLM links and adding the new ones.

Comment

I understand the linking mode issue you described. And i actually discovered this in my alpha testing and added code to stop linking mode in one device before requesting the user to enable linking mode on the next device. But in your case the 'stop linking mod' cmd probably wasn't received.

Prior to the swap, can you summarize what your Msg Quality (related to Hops) was like for the devices that weren't reprogrammed?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Once I completed the manual link deletions and additions about 6 hours ago, I reset the comm stats. But prior to the change it was mostly "good" with several "excellent.

In addition to the 2413S, there are 4 2443 access points in this 4700 square foot house.

In regard to the 2420 linking, only two of 13 did that I found out later last night while reprogramming them. Not sure if this was helpful, but after the plug in reported that the 2420 was programmed, i would press and hold the button on the PLM until it double beeped, effectively taking the 2420 out of linking mode.

The reprogramming efforts were done in the room that houses the PLM so I don't think there would have been an RF issues but one never knows.

I completed the work about 6 hours ago and things seem to be working fine now. Will be interesting to see how long the PLM stays on. It did fail a couple of times during the programming but I suspect it may have been overwhelmed with the traffic.

Comment

So it sounds like you have manually removed all the old plm links and reprogram the devices that needed it and are now running on the 2413S.

Have you used the Test Communications on a few devices?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Link Count

Just ran the display interface links for the 1st time since switching from the U to the S PLM.

I used to have 454 or something similar.
                    You have 129 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 7 group(s).
                    These devices and groups currently consume 727 link database entries in your interface.*
                    You have 189 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

Just curious

Comment

do you get 727 consistently? are there any links that don't have a device name next to them? these are potentially old links. Unfortunately the plm does not tell me if the link is used/unused, so i have to display everything

you could perform a hardware reset and reprogram, but its probably not worth it.

How has the system been running since the swap?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ran the hardware reset. Never finished. The restart script didn't fire either for some reason.

4/27/2012 2:04:00 PM ~!~Device Control~!~Device: 2nd Flr Office Undercabinet (_41) OFF
                        4/27/2012 2:04:16 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Transmit failed to device 09.5F.B0 for cmd 00 00 00 09 5F B0 0A 13 00 after 3 tries.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:19 PM ~!~Insteon~!~The RF PLM has failed to transmit the last 10 commands.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:19 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:19 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Transmit failed to device 00.4D.3C for cmd 00 00 00 00 4D 3C 0A 13 00 after 3 tries.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:21 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:21 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:26 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:26 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:27 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:27 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:28 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:28 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:31 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:31 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:32 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:32 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:34 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:34 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:36 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:36 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:37 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:37 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:38 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:38 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:39 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:39 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:41 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:41 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:42 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:42 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:44 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:44 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:46 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:46 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:47 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:47 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:48 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:48 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:49 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:49 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:52 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:53 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:53 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:04:56 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:56 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:56 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:57 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:57 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:59 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:04:59 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:03 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:03 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:06 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:06 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:11 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:11 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:12 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:12 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:13 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:13 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:14 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:14 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:16 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:16 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:17 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:17 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:18 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:18 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:19 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:19 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:21 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:21 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:22 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:24 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:25 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:26 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:26 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:27 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:27 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:28 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:28 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:28 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:29 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:30 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:31 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:31 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:32 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:32 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:33 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:34 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:34 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:35 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:36 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:36 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:37 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:37 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:38 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:38 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:39 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:39 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:40 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:41 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:41 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:42 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:42 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:43 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:44 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:44 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:45 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:46 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:46 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:47 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:47 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:48 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:48 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:49 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:49 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:50 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:51 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:52 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:52 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:53 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:53 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:54 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:55 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:05:56 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:56 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:57 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:57 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:58 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:59 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:05:59 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:00 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:06:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:02 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:03 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:03 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:06:06 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:06 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:07 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_DataReceived Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM_SendHex Error : The port is closed.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:09 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Reset and Reprogram Complete.
                        4/27/2012 2:06:10 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:06:15 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to restart the RF PLM Interface...
                        4/27/2012 2:06:20 PM ~!~Insteon~!~PLM could not be restarted. The plugin is being shutdown. Please restart HS.

Comment

seems like the plm was having trouble before the reset

does the system still work after the hs restart?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes sir. The restart is manual however since the event has "<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableroweven></TD><TD class=tableroweven><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecelltrigger>Insteon device [18.D4.48] (Insteon device no longer valid) Interface Crashes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                            Looking for the 2413U ??

Generally, the system seems to have been working better with the serial device. No real problems until I noticed the high link count and ran the reprogram routine.
                            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just finished a second harware reset and reprogram. When I got the complete message it said 424 link but the Insteon configuration page still says 727 links consume.

Comment

what is the value in your insteon.ini under [config] for NumInterfaceLinks=

this is where the # is saved after a read
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

resave the event using the interface crashes trigger. the old plm id is probably still there.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X