Line voltage thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line voltage thermostats

I 'm looking for Wifi or Z-Wave line voltage thermostats, and can't find any.

I live in Montreal, and the most common heating solution here seems to be electric baseboard controlled by line voltage thermostats, so the market seems pretty big. That's why I don't understand that no manufacturer offer this kind of device.

Do you think this is something that is going to appear soon on the market?

Originally posted by spud View Post
    I 'm looking for Wifi or Z-Wave line voltage thermostats, and can't find any.

I live in Montreal, and the most common heating solution here seems to be electric baseboard controlled by line voltage thermostats, so the market seems pretty big. That's why I don't understand that no manufacturer offer this kind of device.

Do you think this is something that is going to appear soon on the market?

That is not a product that would be very profitable -- too small a market.
    You can just wire a relay between the stat and the heater to accomplish the same thing.

Comment

Well, large relay...aren't those heaters 1500+watts?

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

finally, there should be one available soon: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...art-thermostat

Comment

finally, there should be one available soon: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...art-thermostat
          So how soon before you'll have a HS plugin for it?

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

We use 220VAC under floor heating in South Africa. This would be an awesome addition to my home. Pity it looks like they are going to miss their funding goal though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              So how soon before you'll have a HS plugin for it?
              should not take long!

We use 220VAC under floor heating in South Africa. This would be an awesome addition to my home. Pity it looks like they are going to miss their funding goal though.
              why do you say that? They just launched their kickstarter campaign yesterday

Comment

My bad I thought they had been going for a while and seemed way off their target. If they only just launched then there's hope!
                Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Were you putting this together in your Montreal garage since your posts in 2012?
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Were you putting this together in your Montreal garage since your posts in 2012?
                    No, actually I was
                    Well, a bunch of us were. It is indeed a tiny market but we think we've found an angle that is viable, without relying on selling a gazillion units or selling every single piece of private data of our users !

Check it out. There is plenty of time left on the campaign and the big guns start firing next this Monday. Should get a bit exciting

If you have questions in the meantime, don't hesitate !

Comment

Hum... It doesn't look like it's going to make the goal at this point.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Another possible solution for line voltage thermostats: http://www.sinopetech.com/en/

$64.95 per thermostat + $84.95 for the web interface
                        and I read on another forum, that they plan to release an API in Q3 2015
                        so it sounds like a good solution

Comment

Another possible solution for line voltage thermostats: http://www.sinopetech.com/en/

$64.95 per thermostat + $84.95 for the web interface
                          and I read on another forum, that they plan to release an API in Q3 2015
                          so it sounds like a good solution
                          Well I bought these for a vacation home. I was initially blown away by the price and ease of use of their site. Then I installed them. We have an open living area with 2 baseboards with 3500watts total so I needed the 4000w thermostat. Well the first one I got reads 76% of what it should wattage wise. Tried it one one of the below 3000 watt circuits and again 76% percent of what it should read while the 3000w thermostat read correct wattage. Tried the 3000w stats on the individual baseboards and got 2000w and 1500w (what it should). The 4000w thermostat guess what, 76% of what it should.

The company was very nice and shipped a replacement (sent the wrong one initially then sent the right one overnight delivery) Again the exact same issue. So Obviously, this product is less than ready for prime time in my opinion. Now the company just wants me to disappear so they can sell more of their products that do not do what they claim.

I wouldn't recommend going with Sinope to anyone at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by benebob View Post
                            Well I bought these for a vacation home. I was initially blown away by the price and ease of use of their site. Then I installed them. We have an open living area with 2 baseboards with 3500watts total so I needed the 4000w thermostat. Well the first one I got reads 76% of what it should wattage wise. Tried it one one of the below 3000 watt circuits and again 76% percent of what it should read while the 3000w thermostat read correct wattage. Tried the 3000w stats on the individual baseboards and got 2000w and 1500w (what it should). The 4000w thermostat guess what, 76% of what it should.

The company was very nice and shipped a replacement (sent the wrong one initially then sent the right one overnight delivery) Again the exact same issue. So Obviously, this product is less than ready for prime time in my opinion. Now the company just wants me to disappear so they can sell more of their products that do not do what they claim.

I wouldn't recommend going with Sinope to anyone at this point.
                            so what you are saying is that the energy consumption reported in neviweb is incorrect?
                            besides this problem how good are those thermostats? are they easy to install and use? how is the neviweb interface?

also, I just saw in their neviweb demo that in the thermostat settings you can change the "power consumption", it says:
                            "The power of the heating element connected to the thermostat. This value can only be changed on some models. The modified value will only be used in the calculation of consumption statistics and will not affect the thermostat's performance."
                            maybe that can help with your problem?

Comment

Hi, was searching for the same things and found this thread. I also found very interesting news for you. Here's what I found :

Stelpro Ki

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1603

I don't have more information about the release date or the price tag, but I'm excited about the news! Hope the quality / reliability wil be there. Stelpro isn't my first choice but... If it's the only option...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X