Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPRO and Thermosta SECUR SRT321

hi everybody!
    i recently purchased a therm Secure srt321 (zwave) and iv got some problemes to make it communicate correctly with HSPRO2
    i succeded to include it (after several tries) via my z-stick (aeon labs) and now it appears in homeseer devices (3 devices: therm+ therm battery + therm switch multilevel) but something is curious:

-when i optimize the network homeseer see all my zwave devices except the secure srt321
    -when i make a rOptimize Node or Full Optimize Node of the device, i ve got an error: Optimize encountered an error, Add Return Route was not attempted
    -when i Optimize or Full optimize the network (in Manage tab), homeseer doesn't see the thermostat and optimize all the other nodes.
    -when a go in the new tab created after inclusion (Zwave Thermostat Status) i ve got this error: Error sending mode command (40-2), return was ERROR ID: 42

for information i haven't yet add the fgs211 node (the fgs must be plugged on my radiator)
    so if someone has already use a secure srt321 with homeseer i accept help!
    thanks a lot

here are my logs when i optimize node:
    21/03/2014 11:16:26 - Z-Wave Error - Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 42 Optimization encountered an error, Add Route was not attempted.
    21/03/2014 11:16:26 - Warning - Optimize failure recovery - sending Node Stop and waiting... DONE.
    21/03/2014 11:16:02 - Warning - Optimize failure recovery - sending Node Stop and waiting...
    21/03/2014 11:16:02 - Warning - Unable to optimize node 42, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 42, it did not respond. This battery powered device needs to be awake to use this Z-Wave feature.
    21/03/2014 11:16:02 - Z-Wave - Instructing node # 42,Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 42, to re-discover its neighbors using the MAIN Z-Wave interface...
    21/03/2014 11:15:13 - Z-Wave - ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 42 ==========
    21/03/2014 11:15:13 - Warning - Could not get supported classes from device with ID 42. Using existing information or defaults.
    21/03/2014 11:15:13 - Warning - Node 42 did not respond, device may not operate as expected
    21/03/2014 11:15:13 - ERROR - Timeout waiting for send abort to complete
    21/03/2014 11:15:03 - Warning - Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 42 waited 2 seconds

Comment

As it is a battery operated device, you need to wake it before optimizing it.
      (It even says that in the log, check line 4 in the post above).

I'm also looking at this thermostat, so I hope you get it working!
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

hello Moskus
        yes but what do you mean by "wake"
        is there a command to wake it? i thought it was always awake...
        perhaps it is the solution of my issues..

Comment

ok i think i have to be in listening mode (LI) to optimize
          there are several mose on the srt321: L (learning) A (associate) LI (listening) P (reset)...
          i let you know tonight
          bye

Comment

How did it work out?
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

hi Moskus,

listening mode doesn t work when i optimize or full optimize the node.
              it works when i rescan it
              so when i optimize or full optimize the entire network (via interface/manage tab) homeseer se all my devices except my srt321...
              i dont understand... i reseted my srt, i include it after exclusion... but without success...

Comment

Actually, I'm not that surprised.

As an example, I have some Everspring motion sensors that are battery operated. It has a button the back, and when I press this three times within 1.5 seconds, I have 10 minutes to do my optimization.

So:
                As this is a battery operated device, I'm sure it must have a similar approach. Something must be done to it (click of a button, menu setting or whatever) to make it stay awake and wait for commands.

When you have figured that one out, you should ONLY OPTIMIZE THAT DEVICE, don't do a complete optimization because the thermostat would have gone back to sleep by the time it should get optimized.

Comment

it s what i do:
                  1- i put the device in listening mode (after 60s it goes back in sleep mode)
                  2- just after putting the device in listening mode, i launch an Optimize Node on the device... and i ve got the error:
                  Warning - Unable to optimize node 42, Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 42, it did not respond. This battery powered device needs to be awake to use this Z-Wave feature.

something strange: when i Rescan the node, it fails (normal because the device is sleeping), but if put it in listening mode the Rescan succeed.

so the listening mode seems to work for the Rescan, but not for the Optimize.
                  pfff im losing my brain

Comment

60 seconds awake time?
                    That seems rather short!

I'm not sure about this but I believe Rescan is quicker, HS just ask the device for it's capabilities, but an optimization might take longer.

However, if you are able to do a Rescan, then Homeseer IS able to talk to the device, and it should work!

Comment

hi again Moskus
                      i just had a feedback from the reseller(not the manufacturer) and apparently the optimization just concerns routing devices and not battery devices... is that right? i dont know
                      so if it is right optimising problems are normal...
                      i m skeptical... because i ve got a Remotec z120 (thermostat on battery) and rescan + optimization are ok, neighbours are found normally, neighbours status is excellent...
                      so why not the srt321
                      it would be great if someone which can make srt321 work with homeseer help me.
                      the screenshot is clear...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speckery View Post
                        hi again Moskus
                        i just had a feedback from the reseller(not the manufacturer) and apparently the optimization just concerns routing devices and not battery devices... is that right? i dont know
                        No, that's not right. Ideally, ALL devices should be optimized as far as I know, that's how they know how to send a signal the quickest way, with failsafes and so on.

And yeah, I would say that the thermostat needs optimization.

Comment

hmmm i agree
                          you know if the secure srt321 is full compatible with HSPRO?
                          ifnot, do you know a zwave thermostat i can use with homeseer?
                          thanks for your help Moskus!

Comment

Originally posted by speckery View Post
                            hmmm i agree
                            you know if the secure srt321 is full compatible with HSPRO?
                            ifnot, do you know a zwave thermostat i can use with homeseer?
                            thanks for your help Moskus!
                            To be honest I had high hopes for the SRT321...

Comment

I've got the same problem. I had this working OK but now some functions won't work. If I make a change on the thermostat it updates instantly in hs. It controls the 2 channel boiler controller fine but it's lost the ability to change the setpoint from hs.

Optimisation does apply to battery devices and you're right about how to wake it. I'm using hs3 and the device doesn't have an optimise button which is weird. I suspect I'll have to remove it and re-add it which is annoying.

Unless anyone else has resolved this I may raise a bugzilla.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X