This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button's to control local load on keypad link

On a 6 button keypad, I've created a link for button A to turn on the local load, and button B to turn off the local load.

The buttons are set to non-toggle.

This isn't working for me, I've tried it on multiple keypad's with no luck

How would I setup a link from a button in toggle mode to the local load?

The other question I have, is what event trigger can I use for detecting when a button is pressed? There are some special insteon triggers, as well as device was set to on etc. I'm having problems getting those to work for the non-toggle buttons as well.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
    On a 6 button keypad, I've created a link for button A to turn on the local load, and button B to turn off the local load.

The buttons are set to non-toggle.

This isn't working for me, I've tried it on multiple keypad's with no luck

How would I setup a link from a button in toggle mode to the local load?

The other question I have, is what event trigger can I use for detecting when a button is pressed? There are some special insteon triggers, as well as device was set to on etc. I'm having problems getting those to work for the non-toggle buttons as well.
    1. kpl btns cannot be "linked" to the load. You must Button Groups. I did this manually according to the manual but you may be able to do this with the Button Groups feature in the plugin (no guarantees)

2. Use the Insteon Special Trigger (device transmit on or off); the non-toggle should send work and only send the cmd specified. please check the detailed log to see if you are receiving the msgs from the kpl.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      1. kpl btns cannot be "linked" to the load. You must Button Groups. I did this manually according to the manual but you may be able to do this with the Button Groups feature in the plugin (no guarantees)

2. Use the Insteon Special Trigger (device transmit on or off); the non-toggle should send work and only send the cmd specified. please check the detailed log to see if you are receiving the msgs from the kpl.
      1) That is annoying, it lets you do the link, but clearly it doesn't work.
      When I was messing with the insteon smart phone app, it seemed to work as well as I can remember. I really don't want to add all of these devices to both the app, and the plugin to get this to work. Sounds like a real hassle

2) I'll have more time to experiment later, I believe that is exactly what I tried, but it wasn't working consistently.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

I got #2 working.

#1. Can you point me the right direction with button groups? So basically there is no way to have a KPL having the extra buttons include itself in some of it's scenes?

I have no idea how they could have overlooked this. It's very logical that you might want the A,B,C,D buttons to control the load at various pre-programmed brightness levels.

Is anyone doing this? My old X10 smarthome KPL's did this, I'm almost 100% certain they did.
        Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
          I got #2 working.

#1. Can you point me the right direction with button groups? So basically there is no way to have a KPL having the extra buttons include itself in some of it's scenes?

I have no idea how they could have overlooked this. It's very logical that you might want the A,B,C,D buttons to control the load at various pre-programmed brightness levels.

Is anyone doing this? My old X10 smarthome KPL's did this, I'm almost 100% certain they did.
          The above is all possible you just have to set it up manually at the KPL (not via the plugin). see the following from the kpl manual

Controlling the Keypad Load from Another Button on the Same Keypad
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, I will try that.
            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Okay, so this is sooooo frustrating.

I've been able to program a button, in non toggle mode, to turn the local load on, but I cannot get it to turn the local load off.

So this is what I'm trying to do and I had no problem doing it with my really old keypadlincs over x10

6 button keypad

top button on = local load on
              button A = all lights in the room on, including the local load (non toggle mode)
              button B = all lights in the room off, including the local load (non toggle mode)
              button C = all lights on the floor on, including local load (non toggle)
              button D = all lights on the floor off, including local load
              bottom button = local load off

I can only get the buttons when they are in non toggle mode to turn on the local load, but never off

I just don't understand why / how this could be overlooked as a possibility or why it's so hard to get it to work.

Question 1: Is what I'm trying to do possible with or without the plugin
              Question 2: If it's possible, how do you achieve this.
              Question 3: If it's not possible, is there a recommendation of how to use extra buttons on a keypad link that include the local load that are recommended.
              Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

q1: the plugin will allow you to set non-toggle mode (on & off). newer kpls don't support non-toggle off. i don't know if you can do what you are trying to do.
                q2: you may need to group the buttons after setting non-toggle mode
                q3: Might suggest the smarthome forum or customer support.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X