www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > Legacy HomeSeer Hardware > HomeTroller-SE

HomeTroller-SE Discussions related to the HomeTroller-SE automation controller

Old April 8th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Seer Plus

Unhappy Hometroller-SE Pro HS3 Pro - Upgrade failure - Fixed!

Not positive which forum I should post this in.

I have a HomeSeer Hometroller SE Pro that has been running HS3 Pro (unsure of the version) Last evening when I attempted to manually run a scene from HS touch, I received a failure to connect message. I "logged" into my Hometroller and discovered that HS3 Pro was attempting to install an update.

Long story short, the update failed. I figured I would wait until this morning to run the update. That is when I discovered that my HS3 Pro software had been automatically uninstalled during the update process.

This morning, I attempted to install HS3 Pro back onto my Hometroller SE Pro. Again, the install failed with the following message:
"A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\HomeSeer Technologies LLC\HomeSeer HS3 3.0.152\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt."

Everything had been running fine until the system attempted to update itself last night. Now, I have a Hometroller SE Pro that has no software on it and my home automation system no longer exists.

Ron Bernier
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:40 AM
OverSeer

If your controller is running XP then go to the blue downloads link about and download the link named "Certificate Error Fix for HomeTrollers with Windows XP"
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Seer Plus

Please disregard - I found the link. I should have investigated prior to posting my followup question.

Rupp,

Thank you for responding. Where do I find the "blue downloads link"? If it is within the HS3 program, I do not have access to HS3 as the software was removed by the attempted install/update.

Regards,
Ron Bernier

Last edited by RBernier; April 8th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old April 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
Please disregard - I found the link. I should have investigated prior to posting my followup question.

Rupp,

Thank you for responding. Where do I find the "blue downloads link"? If it is within the HS3 program, I do not have access to HS3 as the software was removed by the attempted install/update.

Regards,
Ron Bernier
On this page. Look up just a bit.
Attached Images

Old April 8th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Seer Plus

Thank you (I didn't notice the link above, I went to the HomeSeer.com page and followed the download link there). I'm back in business and fully operational again.

I appreciate the help.

Ron Bernier
Old April 6th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Seer

Help trying to put hs3 on home troller se with xp on it.

Help trying to put hs3 on home troller se with xp on it. Keep getting that needs net.framwork 4.0 or better. It iwll not allow me to download anthing. Cant even get to a lot of pages. Can install from home seer but need net.framworl 4.5 or up I think?