Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 HTML to Image Utility

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 versions available!

Since releasing my virtual device graphing utility and performance monitoring / process monitoring utilities, there have been several questions on this forums about showing the graphs within HSTouch. This can be done by embedding the graphs within a separate web page as described elsewhere on this forum.

As an alternative, I have written a utility that allows capture of any devicestring rendered output and store it as an image. In addition the utility can also capture web pages (with limitations) and crop the image if necessary. This way you can capture part of a web page (or devicestring) and display it in HSTouch or my webpage builder package etc.

It is easy to configure and full instructions are included within the download.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below).

These are actual captures of 2 of my devicestrings using this utility.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 10, 2013, 02:14 PM.
    Jon

Hi Jon,

Sounds good, think it's more universal then my solution.
    Gonna trie it the weekend.

Regards

Comment

Let me know how you get on.

As things are silent around here, it normally means that things are working OK
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I am trying to see if I can compose one JPG image out of four frame buffer captures and wondering if your application would let me do this.

I can currently see and save a JPG image of current Chumby HSTouchscreens. This kind of gives me a real time status of what Chumby is showing what.

I currently utilize your jon00image application to "build" a composite weather picture. Its kind of a mix of variables and pictures.

Would this application allow me to capture the 4 framebuffer jpegs, make a composite image (resized jpegs) for one HTML view?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

You would need to use both this and image builder. Capture the 4 images from chumby using this application and then load the four images into image builder to give you the resultant output.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Will give it a try today.

I've also posted on to the HSTouch section relating to getting data from the HSTouch / Homeseer combo; but maybe you would know.

Is there a way to put a small text box on my HSTouch clients which would identify the IP, DNS Name and HSTouch client name of each client?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Again you could use image builder to add that to your final composition.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood after reading your other post. You want it to show up depending on client being used?
              Jon

Comment

Relating to HSTouch; looking for a way to create a text element on HSTouch client which shows me local client hardware stats; IE: DNS, IP, HSTouch client name.

I can and cannot get to your website. If I use a proxy I can but do not see the entire page. I modded the firewall here some to allow your internet IP thru but still having issues. I even tried a UK proxy just now.

Going to try using my other internet connection.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

If you cannot get in, send me an email and I'll send it back as an attachment.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.

I was able to get in via another ISP connection and downloaded application.

For whatever reason I can never get to your web site via my Comcast ISP. If I proxy the connection I can get to it but do not see the top headers. Historically I've just looked at the source and used that to download the files; its been a kind of manual process. Wonder if its just my Smoothwall firewall that's doing something.

This morning I didn't want to play with that; so went to alternate ISP via my laptop. I can also just log in via my FL FIOS connection (using that as a proxy) and it works just fine.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Jon,

What is the name of the application "Jon00 HTML to Image Utility"?

I downloaded Imagebuilder by accident.

I working outside on the Deck today (outdoor speaker installation-1 completed yesterday - 1 to install today; Russound outdoor speakers - nice little speakers); taking a break though installing your application.

Found it under latest applications. I don't see it on the drop down list of downloads. IE: "Jon00HTML2Image.zip"
                      Last edited by Pete; July 9, 2011, 11:03 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        I don't see it on the drop down list of downloads. IE: "Jon00HTML2Image.zip"
                        That has now been corrected!
                        Jon

Comment

Works great! Well documented help file. Capturing the Chumby's frame buffer for a quickie live view. Next step will be to build one image with all of the chumby's live views for a quick status page.

Here's my beginning chumby test ini:

Code:
                          [Info]
                          Version=V1.00

[Capture1]
                          URL=http://192.168.244.156/cgi-bin/custom/fb0
                          ImagePath=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Images\chumby\Chumby-156.png
                          Crop=

[Capture2]
                          URL=http://192.168.244.157/cgi-bin/custom/fb0
                          ImagePath=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Images\chumby\Chumby-157.png
                          Crop=

[Capture3]
                          URL=http://192.168.244.158/cgi-bin/custom/fb0
                          ImagePath=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Images\chumby\Chumby-158.png
                          Crop=
                          Attached also is kind of a combo image - will have more data once completed.

Fast. Thanks Jon! Back to the deck...
                          Attached Files
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Good stuff - I said it was easy to configure!
                            Jon

Comment

Very nice Jon!

Build a beginning composit screen for the chumby's.

It's been a while since I played with the Jon00Image program.
                              Attached Files
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X