Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee - Uploading floorplans

I want to upload a floorplan to my Zee.

I'm not very experienced with the Linux stuff.

What is the best way to upload an image to the Zee and where should I put it?

Thanks for any info.

BTW - I found a really easy to use online free floorplan creator from Autodesk:

www.homestyler.com

You'll need to FTP to your Zee and transfer the file(s).

Download WinSCP and connect to your Zee with your homeseer login.
    Be sure to use sFTP instead of FTP.
    In the right-hand pane, browse to the folder /usr/local/Homeseer/html/images
    From the left-hand pane, drag and drop your image to the right-hand pane.

Once copied the image will show up in the list of images in the Device Status screen.

Let us know if you run into anything...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Done and done!

Thanks so much for your help.

I had a copy of FileZilla on my PC and just used that for the sFTP.

I would have never found that file path

Thanks again.

Comment

Ah - Filezilla will work great as well.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

So I have filezilla, but I cannot get connected to my Zee. I know this is a sophomoric question, but how to I get the Host, User name, Password and Port? I tried using the web address for the zee (10.0.0.2) and my user name and password, but it's not working. What am i missing?

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer Forum Pittsburgh Guy!!

Try to ssh to your Zee using the default user name of

homeseer

and password of

hsthsths3

then utilize sudo for root access.

sudo whatever command...

In Linux command line would be like this:

ssh homeseer@10.0.0.2

Similiar in Windows using Putty.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pete. I have tried every user name and password combination I think of and nothing seems to work (screen shot from Filezilla attached). I have reset the system password on my Zee to make sure I know the password is correct. I have tried setting up various additional user names and passwords in the Network Tab in my Homeseer interface. I am sure I am doing something wrong but can't manage to figure out what it is. Any help is appreciated.
              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Robert.

Before all of this stuff is you need to make sure the user you are using to access your Homeseer box has sudo rights or even easier just use root.

Linux is Linux is Linux. RPi Wheezy or Jessie or Stretch is a custom version (but the same) of Linux made to run on the ARM based RPi.
                The RPi was one of the first computers to run Linux on an ARM based CPU. Homeseer was the first automation program to run or be ported from Windows to Linux using Mono. Really this happened first with Homeseer automation software in Windows. No other automation in windows software had done this prior to Homeseer doing it. Homeseer used Mono in Linux to do this and today Mono is owned by Microsoft. What is nice about this is that the Windows and Linux GUI interface are identical other than the info relating to OS running Homeseer.

You just have to put a Linux hat on and get a bit familiar with the Linux command line stuff. (like DOS). The Linux desktop gui is just pleasing eye candy for the user and is similiar to Windows and or iOS.

If you do not have remote access via SSH or see that it is not working configure a new user via the console (monitor connected) terminal session.

Add yourself as a new user (robert) and give robert sudo access or change the password for root and configure ssh to be able to utilize root. Once you manually validate this is working via a remote ssh terminal session then the rest will work.

IE: for root access just type this on a local terminal via the console with a monitor connected to your HS box.
                1 - sudo passwd root
                2 - sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
                change or add these three lines under authentication

# Authentication:
                LoginGraceTime 120
                PermitRootLogin yes
                # StrictModes yes

2 - restart ssh

sudo service ssh restart

ssh robert@ipofhomeseer server or ssh root@ipofhomeseer user.

Remote file management will work fine after this as you are using same creditionals.

Yes here do not utilize Filezilla from Windows to Linux so unfamiliar with configuration.

Historically for Windows have used WinSCP or Putty to talk to Linux.

The first time you run Windows Putty / WinSCP you will get a key exchange dialog which you typically accept and the keys get saved.

For Linux (Ubuntu desktop or laptop) utilize Linux filemanager or ssh via a sudo or root ssh session.

What is your primary remote control or access OS to your Homeseer Linux box?

Windows? Linux? iOS?
                Last edited by Pete; April 29, 2018, 12:09 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

That is a super detailed and thoughtful reply Pete. Unfortunately almost all of it is over my head. I am using a MAC and simply want to replace the default power icons on my Homeseer Zee. I read something about needing to FTP them into place and using Filezilla to do it which is what got me started down this path, doesn't seem like it should be this hard? Maybe I am missing something. I literally don't know what half the acronyms you used mean....Sorry to be such an idiot. Perhaps I am hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                  X