X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperion Plug-in - Feature Requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features

It would be cool to see the ability to set up our own sequences to run with the plug in.
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
      It would be cool to see the ability to set up our own sequences to run with the plug in.
      The "effects" in hyperion are created using python scripts as explained here: https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/...ct-development.

Any effect added to your hyperion server will be automatically available at the plugin level.

So the easiest way to create your own effect is to create such a python script and then upload it to your controller.
      I can help with that and we can share in this forum all the new effects we create.
      What kind of effect would you like to add?

Alternatively I could add some scripting functions to the plugin, so that we can create effects using HS scripts.

Comment

Spud to tell you the truth I have never worked with Python or any real scripting at all. Unfortunately im not much of a computer guy. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure what effects I would like to see for sure. One thing that would be a great addition for my setup right now would be the snake effect and the knight rider effect but in a few different colors. I use these quiet a bit for warning events that are triggered by alarm functions or water detection sensors but I would really like to be able to know what the warning is based on color. I currently can tell what they are by the notification that I send to xbmc as well based on the event that was triggered but this is ineffective if I dont have the TV on

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
          Spud to tell you the truth I have never worked with Python or any real scripting at all. Unfortunately im not much of a computer guy. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure what effects I would like to see for sure. One thing that would be a great addition for my setup right now would be the snake effect and the knight rider effect but in a few different colors. I use these quiet a bit for warning events that are triggered by alarm functions or water detection sensors but I would really like to be able to know what the warning is based on color. I currently can tell what they are by the notification that I send to xbmc as well based on the event that was triggered but this is ineffective if I dont have the TV on

Cheers Ken
          I understand.
          I'm going to let you create custom effects by just changing the parameters of an existing effect. For example you will be able to create the snake effect in any color you want without having to write a single line of code.

Comment

Spud that would be awesome. This is really another great accomplishment of yours. I think at this time I am running most of your plugins and they are really a great addition to my HA setup. Thanks for the great support and continued improvement.

Cheers Ken

Comment

in version 3.0.0.1 (available here) I have added the possibility to create your own custom effect by changing the parameters of an already existing effect.

go to the config page / effects tab, click the green + button to add a new effect, then choose a master template for this effect, then change the parameters you want to customize.
              color parameters are arrays of three values between 0 and 255 representing Red, Green and Blue components.

the test buttons let you apply the effect to your strip for 5 seconds to see what it looks like.

then you can use these custom effects in events actions or from your effect device as you would do with any other effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	customeffects.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1172126
              Last edited by spud; May 16, 2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks Spud,

Ill give it a try today and let you know how it goes

Cheers Ken

Comment

Just a little update,

the ability to set your own sequences is really cool not it allows for far more possibilities this is a really awesome LED controller there will be many more in the future. Currently running 2 but that will definitely grow

Cheers Ken

Comment

Ideas

Starting to play with this now, and am going to incorporate it into a built in display cabinet/TV/Fireplace wall and see how it works.

One feature that would be nice is to setup a notification feature probably in custom effects. Could be something like number of lights, and location on strip. Ideally this would leave the rest of the strip alone, and then return the notification back to the original color when it was done. If the "location" of the notification could be a variable set for the event, that would be even better. Color and location of light would give you an idea of what is going on.

Initially I've been looking at Z-wave Analog strips to do some overhead/wall lighting in a couple of rooms. The above feature and digital strips would make this more versatile.

This would allow Homeseer to make light notifications, Possibly blue for alarm panel activity, red for fire activity, green for motion detectors, etc. Being able to address where could help in the notification, red light near kitchen shows it's detector is in alarm. In the living room, a color light in different locations along the strip/ceiling could show you a door was opened and where, or a motion detector was activated and where.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by DocKen View Post
                      Starting to play with this now, and am going to incorporate it into a built in display cabinet/TV/Fireplace wall and see how it works.

One feature that would be nice is to setup a notification feature probably in custom effects. Could be something like number of lights, and location on strip. Ideally this would leave the rest of the strip alone, and then return the notification back to the original color when it was done. If the "location" of the notification could be a variable set for the event, that would be even better. Color and location of light would give you an idea of what is going on.

Initially I've been looking at Z-wave Analog strips to do some overhead/wall lighting in a couple of rooms. The above feature and digital strips would make this more versatile.

This would allow Homeseer to make light notifications, Possibly blue for alarm panel activity, red for fire activity, green for motion detectors, etc. Being able to address where could help in the notification, red light near kitchen shows it's detector is in alarm. In the living room, a color light in different locations along the strip/ceiling could show you a door was opened and where, or a motion detector was activated and where.

Ken
                      I can help you create a "notification" effect that would let you choose the location and color of the LEDs you want to turn on (or blink).

However the Hyperion software does not let you overlay two effects, i.e you can't run two effects at the same time, but you could let the notification effect run for a specific duration and then the leds would be restored to their previous state

Comment

Thank you. I might take you up on that!

I'm putting things together now and should test out the Android App and plug-in later this week. Once it's installed I'm going to look at some of the examples. I haven't used Python at all, and my programming is mostly PHP/JS/HTML stuff. I work in Software Development as my day job, so I have plenty of developers to bounce ideas off of. I may use this to do a little playing around to start.

I did have one hardware question. What do you use for a hardware enclosure and setup of the GPIO connections? Trying to look at how I want to enclose the finished product to mount in the back of a cabinet and haven't seen a RPi case I thought could do the job. Any suggestions/pictures anyone that has done this have are welcomed!

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by DocKen View Post

I did have one hardware question. What do you use for a hardware enclosure and setup of the GPIO connections? Trying to look at how I want to enclose the finished product to mount in the back of a cabinet and haven't seen a RPi case I thought could do the job. Any suggestions/pictures anyone that has done this have are welcomed!

Ken
                          Have a look at the first pic of this thread: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166371
                          I have used regular Pi cases, but I have removed the RCA video output and replaced it with a power adapter from which both the Pi and the strip are powered. It is a little tight but everything fit in the case.

Comment

I should have remembered that. It was one of the first threads I saw looking for LED lighting options for HomeSeer.

I'm using the Raspberry Pi B+ for this. With no RCA plug I'll have to find another spot on the case. I completely forgot about being able to power it with one adapter. I was looking at using a USB adapter for the Raspberry Pi and the 5v 10amp for the light strip. Using one for both is a much better option, especially for placement and limited outlets. Total is going to be about 4 meters I think so should be perfect on power.

I'll post some pictures in a couple of weeks once I get the basics up and running. Actually the contractor/cabinet guy are interested in seeing it also. They initially were just going to throw in some puck lights before I decided to do the lighting part myself.

Looking forward to seeing how this all works and looks!

Ken

Comment

I did want to get your opinion on the hardware. The Adafruit page wiring shows using the 5v 10amp power supply powering both the RaspPi and the light strip. I saw some comments where they suggested using a separate power supply since it was more stable.

It looks from your wiring like you did the single power supply option. What do you think of it? Has it been stable for you? I would be running roughly 4 meters of strip with this so there should be just enough room for it.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X