BLOccupied Shutdown Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLOccupied Shutdown Process

Question: When BLOccupied is shut down, are lights, which have been turned on by the plug-in, then turned off?

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
    Question: When BLOccupied is shut down, are lights, which have been turned on by the plug-in, then turned off?
    Yes, it may take sometime if using HS2. In HS3 it's almost instantly.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I was just about to post a new thread regarding this but then saw this title which is appropriate. This feature is great when you're away and you want the ending of the simulation to turn off all of the lights, but not so great when arriving home is what ends the simulation. I find that often after I arrive home after dark, lights that I want on turn off due to the simulation ending. I realize an option within the plugin to turn off lights only if a condition is met is a bit much to ask, but it would be great if there was an option to disable the turning off of lights after the simulation ends. Then I could create my own events to do that. I already have a device to show me if the simulation is running so I can program off of that.

Do you think it would be relatively easy to add that feature, disable turning off of lights when simulation ends?

Thank you!
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Add a feature request on my site
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'm running into similar conundrum. I have an event set so BLOccupied runs when security system is put into Away mode and turns off when alarm changes to be not be in Away mode. That in and of itself seems to be working fine. Whenever I'm away after sunset, the lights randomly turn on/off.

The trouble comes when I arrive home, as I have an event that turns on a number of entry/hall lights when the garage door or front door is opened while alarm is in Away mode. This is so the paths are already lit as we enter the house, while the alarm is still armed, waiting to be disarmed at keypad. The problem is that if any of those arrive home entry lights were already on via BLOccupied, as soon as I disarm the alarm and BLOccupied is turned off, those lights then turn off.

Is there anything in the works to have BLOccupied leave lights that were on, stay on, as BLOccupied is turned off? Anyone else come up with a way to deal with this scenario?

Comment

Here is my disarm event, which works well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disarm event.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1191582

As you can see, the "normal" lighting events trigger one second after shutting down BLOccupied. (The bedroom event is delayed slightly more to give some time for location update).

Comment

Hmm...that makes sense, except I don't think that would work with my logic. I have the entry lights turn on as soon as an entry door is opened prior to the alarm being disarmed. That lights the way to the alarm panels. I don't want Homeseer to disarm the alarm. I only want human action at the keypad to do the disarming. So you open the door, entry/pathwaylights turn on, walk to alarm panel and disarm, then that turns off BLOccupied, and potentially some of those lights turn off. If I had the entry light event run again after BLOccupied turns off, that would potentially have some lights abruptly flash off/on, which would not pass the Wife test.

Comment

My event runs as soon as a door opens. The primary trigger is when the alarm panel message says "DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs", which is what it displays while its beeping before its disarmed. The secondary trigger is when the alarm gets disarmed, which would come into play for instance when the alarm was armed but then cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                X