This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch - Enhancement Request List II

Here are some of the features I would like to see added to HSTouch, and will make HSTouch an even better product.

High Priority:
    • Power Management: Have the ability to to turn on and off the screen of the client using a Homeseer event, without additional plugins/scripts. Bonus points if Homeseer can instruct the client to go to sleep.
    • Templates: Not sure what to call it, every touch screen product has its name for it. I basically would like to be able to create a screen which is part of another screen (think <IFRAME> tags), making it easier to update/manage common areas such as a navigation bar (vs having to edit each screen whenever making a change to the nav bar).
    • Support multiple layers/transparency levels: I like to create complicated non-square buttons, which would require multiple PNG's on top of each other. This is currently not possible without screwing up the transparency.
    • Text button update interval: When using HSTouch script code to set the text value of a text label, it updates every few seconds. In certain cases (i.e., linking to a script), it can put real stress on the Homeseer system. Being able to manually define the refresh/update interval would allow a user to decide how important this data is.

Low Priority:
    • Multi line text labels, supporting multiple styles: I have run into the need to display 2 lines on a button, with the 2nd line in a smaller font. Definitely not high priority, but figured I would add it to my wish list.
    • Built-in speaker client: This one doesn't need much explanation

That's it for now. If you have your own suggestions, please post them here.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

I second all of Electron's excellent requests. And I would add one more.

It may sound trivial, but I'd like to be able to position a button such that it "hangs off the edge" of the screen. For example, picture a large round button positioned on the edge of the screen such that only one-half or two-thirds of it is visible.

Mark
    Mark

Comment

I'd like to add to this list, but not all my ideas are in the same place right now, so I'll just list a few and come back this.
      • cached deployment for projects: Basically I'd like to update a project for a client that's not connected right now, (e.g. an iphone client) and have them pushed to the client the next time it connects.

Along these same lines:
      • Assign clients to a project: Have a default deploy to all the correct list of clients. I have a bunch of different clients, and some of them overlap (multiple ipods, multiple 800x480 windows screens) Don't want to accidentally deploy the 800x480 to the ipod, or vice versa, but I would like to be able to deploy all of them at once. (Actually I requested this last year)

• Status Text Mapping: Similar to status tracking for images, but let us set text instead -- Update: I see this is already possible, just hidden under StatusColors -> AltText, maybe it needs to be better named or documented that it's possible.

• Copy and paste actions from one button to another

• Text rotation: This is not the same thing as rotating a whole screen. There are times where you want some text written on an angle or sideways, right now you have to use images for that which means they can't be dynamic.

• Lock elements together in the designer: So you don't have to reselect them all every time you want to nudge them.

• Import a screen from another project

• More Triggers and Actions from the HS side: I'd like to be able to set any property of any element on any screen on any client either through scripting, or actions.

By the way, here is the original list
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=839710

Many of the things I listed in this post have already been implemented (a big thank you!!!), some I've re-mentioned now...
      Last edited by zimmer62; April 29, 2010, 10:02 AM. Reason: updated status tracking
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

That's a very good list Joe, I'd definitely like to see those options as well.
        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
        (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Originally posted by Electron View Post
          Here are some of the features I would like to see added to HSTouch, and will make HSTouch an even better product.

High Priority:
          • Power Management: Have the ability to to turn on and off the screen of the client using a Homeseer event, without additional plugins/scripts. Bonus points if Homeseer can instruct the client to go to sleep..
          Maybe you can use this I wrote in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141683

Comment

Interesting post, but I guess I should have been more specific. I am especially interested in the ability to turn on a screen if someone passes by (using pressure/motion sensors), without having to rely on any tools such as psexec etc.
            (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Interesting post, but I guess I should have been more specific. I am especially interested in the ability to turn on a screen if someone passes by (using pressure/motion sensors), without having to rely on any tools such as psexec etc.
              What sensors do you mean. External or Internal in the screen/tablet?

Comment

External. I don't mind discussing it more, but if interested, create a new thread please, I don't want to clutter this thread
                (aka xplosiv)

Comment

- embeding 3rd party technologie in hst and create a 2way communication window for :

Flash

Java

Silverlight

to be filled.

Would open up things to develop components/snipets and other nice features
                  Last edited by Robin_f; April 28, 2010, 02:52 PM. Reason: been thinking again.

Comment

External. I don't mind discussing it more, but if interested, create a new thread please, I don't want to clutter this thread
                    Without cluttering the thread too much, I'll tell you how I do it. Similar to what Hammy is doing.

I created a button on a screen that never shows up on a client. On that screen are buttons that I trigger presses from homeseer events.

When I walk into my bedroom the motion sensor triggers an event, which uses the action simulate press of an element, and I call the screen and button on the client in my bedroom "action:WakeUp"

The WakeUp button runs a local program to the client that simply presses the left shift key "lshift.exe"

I believe I used AutoHotKey to make the lshift.exe

This will probably only work in windows clients, I leave my ipod touchs on 24/7 but would prefer some sort of power management for those as well. I at least blank the screen by changing to an all black screen until motion is detected in that room.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin_f View Post
                      - embeding 3rd party technologie in hst and create a 2way communication window for :

Flash

Java

Silverlight

to be filled.

Would open up things to develop components/snipets and other nice features
                      Maybe WCF would be good for this.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I would like to see Feature to disable auto-lock like some other Iphone apps have.
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

In the status colours for devices I would like to be able to specify a range of values rather than specific values...ie when the temperature is less than 13 degrees the colour of the text would be blue, if greater it would be red etc.

Comment

Netcam to any other menu item - latency

Not sure if this is anything that can be improved with HSTouch or if it's inherent in the Netcam plugin on HS, but when using the iPad, running the default xml template and the current HSTouch ver. for iPad (updated today), there is a 5 second delay when moving from any screen to the Netcam screen and from Netcam to any other screen.

I can sort of understand there may be some delay on the way into Netcam as it may pre-pull the cam feeds, but exiting the Netcam screen to any other screen, in my mind, should be as fast as going from the Home screen to the Music screen for example.

I saw this with the previous version of HST for iPad too. Anyone else seeing this latency?

Note that this condition occurs only with the Netcam screen that I have replaced the static jpg images that come with the template, with the video stream address from my cams.

Perhaps if I was pulling a current static image, it would be fast - but ya gotta love streaming video

Jim

Comment

More actions

I've got an feature request:

• Add an OnLoad action to the screens. That way we can attach actions when we show a screen. I know I can do stuff from a button before it loads the screen. But i like to attach actions to the form when it get's showed. That way i'm able to makes my screens more versatile and dynamic.
                              • Ability to create HSTouch persistent variables. That way i don't have to create a virtual device to keep state information on my HSTouch client. The make my tv remote work i need to create 3 virtual devices to keep the state per device. It would be nice if i could save a variable in HSTouch without having the need for an virtual device. It clutters up my homeseer. The variables would show up like invisible labels in the designer; except they keep state after you exit HSTouch on your client.
                              • OnRepeat action; we now have onReleased and onPressed. We need an repeating functionality aswell. Creating one with scripts is too cumbersome. For specific remote controls like up,down,right,left, vol+,vol-,CH+,CH- an repeat function is required to mimic remote functionality. A parameter to set the repeating frequency would be nice.
                              • More actions:
                                - If/then/else actions so that we can make a button press behavior more dynamic without the need to resort to scripts.
                                - Show Screen according to element selection.
                                - Save button text to variable
                                - Assign variable to element(which is best with the OnLoad addition)
                                - IR Action. Inputting &hs.sendir "Device,Command" is quite slow if you have to do this 400 times. A nice action with selectors would be nice.
                                -Call webservice action( for controlling XBMC and other devices ) It should be optimized for speed. The &hs.getURL can lag quite a bit, probably becuase of the html reply processing.

Comment

Working...
                              X