***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Just a feature request, but would it be possible to 'lock' the configuration settings of a board. My issue at the moment (which is really due to my 1-wire network) is that I can add the temperature sensors fine, but because of the network traffic eventually there must be collisions or noise on the line which means that new 1-wire network devices end up being created, when I left my system for some amount of time, about 30 new temperature devices had been created (When there are only 5 real devices).

Once I have my 1-wire devices set up, I would really like to just end up 'freezing' the system config so that no new 1-wire devices are added unless I 'unfreeze' the addition of new 1-wire devices.

Thanks!
    Travis,

Please try V1.0.0.17 found in the first post. I have added an option to stop creating new onewire devices but I do not have anything set up to test this at the moment so can you get back to me and tell me if it works as expected.

Change log:
    V1.0.0.17
    Fixed small bug that was added with Connected/Disconnected status in V1.0.0.16.
    Removed some leftover test logs.
    Added Stop Creating New Onewire Devices option.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Greig,
      I'm using your plugin with HS2, sometimes the commands sent to arduino (from HS2) are not performed.
      For example, if I want to open my blinds, I trigger a script that opens the first blind, after 5 seconds opens the second, 5 seconds later opens the third...
      Sometimes, Arduino does not execute the command (I see the command in the log but Arduino do not execute it. The result is that I have one or two blinds still closed).
      The new plugin has been optimized for HS3 or use the same procedure as in HS2?
      For now I have to use HS2 because before I have to convert all my scripts for HS3.

Thanks

Cristian

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
        Greig,
        I'm using your plugin with HS2, sometimes the commands sent to arduino (from HS2) are not performed.
        For example, if I want to open my blinds, I trigger a script that opens the first blind, after 5 seconds opens the second, 5 seconds later opens the third...
        Sometimes, Arduino does not execute the command (I see the command in the log but Arduino do not execute it. The result is that I have one or two blinds still closed).
        The new plugin has been optimized for HS3 or use the same procedure as in HS2?
        For now I have to use HS2 because before I have to convert all my scripts for HS3.

Thanks

Cristian
        Hi Christian,

The HS2 script is different to the HS3 plugin as this is a real plugin and not just a script. It has been about 70% rewritten for HS3 so it would be worth testing it out.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Hi Christian,

The HS2 script is different to the HS3 plugin as this is a real plugin and not just a script. It has been about 70% rewritten for HS3 so it would be worth testing it out.

Greig.
          Thanks a lot Greig, I have to work hard to rewrite my scripts.
          I want to enjoy with improvements of your Arduino HS3 plugin :-)

Cris

Comment

Hello Greig,

Still have some trouble with the connect disconnect connection error.
            I think that Howe more boards I use the problem is bigger.
            I have now 4 board 3 Ethernet 1 usb.
            When I connect my 4th board board 1 and 2 are giving more errors
            I also no this that sometimes the board says disconnected but is still working properly.
            Its random sometimes the boards are working 2days with any error.
            Sometimes 20 times a day disconnect or connection error.

Maybe you have a suggestion

Ed
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
              Hello Greig,

Still have some trouble with the connect disconnect connection error.
              I think that Howe more boards I use the problem is bigger.
              I have now 4 board 3 Ethernet 1 usb.
              When I connect my 4th board board 1 and 2 are giving more errors
              I also no this that sometimes the board says disconnected but is still working properly.
              Its random sometimes the boards are working 2days with any error.
              Sometimes 20 times a day disconnect or connection error.

Maybe you have a suggestion

Ed
              HI Ed,

I will look in to this more. I am running tests here but have only found a problem with the mega disconnecting but I cant track down why. I might need to look at a better way to track the boards being connected.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

1.Yes this is stand alone on the Ethernet so all you need is HS3 an Arduino and an Ethernet shield.

2. Im not sure I understand what you require but the basic setup I would start with is:

Arduino Uno and wires like This
                Ethernet Shield like this
                Relay board like this

I buy lots of things from Dealextream. They take a long time to deliver so if you are in a hurry to get going I would look for somewhere else.

If you want to go for something bigger in a kit then get the arduino mega. Something like This.
                You would still need the same Ethernet Shield as the uno.

There are lots of other boards and lots of other ways of connecting devices but I would say this is a good place to start.

I hope this is what you are after.
                Greig
                Sorry for my ignorance here...are these kits that need to be soldered together, or are they ready to plug and go?
                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                  Sorry for my ignorance here...are these kits that need to be soldered together, or are they ready to plug and go?
                  Somewhere in between, the stuff from DX is pre built and soldered in the main but you will need the connecting wires and at least a little knowledge of building circuits to put it together. If you struggle there are some good Arduino tutorials here www.jeremyblum.com/category/arduino-tutorials/

Comment

Also, FWIW, quite a few countries have "local" dealextremes with a subset of merchandise, with the benefit being that shipping is supposed to not take as long as from the HQ in China. I ordered from one yesterday (http://usd.dx.com/), so I can't say yet how long it actually takes versus what they promise. I placed my first order from their HQ in China on January 30 with their regular free shipping, and I still haven't received that order. Hopefully within another week or two it will arrive....

Comment

Since i do not have much knowledge with programming and i received today my arduino mega i wanted to ask you guys.
                      I am planning to hook up about 7/8 1 wire sensors , i have read the part of jon00 his website that i should use a daisy chain solution and using for example a unshielded cat5 cable.

Now the temp/humid sensor i want to hook up is a DH11, i need a script for this that i have to load as the API.ino if i understand correct.
                      I installed the plugin in HS3 and that all seems to be working the board is connected.
                      When i change then from board type to API i do not see the other IO options anymore.

The question was, if i load a script say for the dht11 temp/humid if it still possible to use the other inputs and let them show up in HS or when you use your own script he I/O ports fall off ?

Thanks

Comment

Greig,
                        do you think it will be possible to have this plugin for HS2?
                        As you can see, it seems there are a few people that have moved to HS3.
                        For example, I'm having a lot of difficulties to "translate" all my scripts in Vb.net ...
                        HS3 unfortunately does not have a final version and seem to be still many problems (and a few plugins).
                        You may review and update the existing version for HS2 (especially API.ino!).
                        I realize that you will need a lot of work, but I think you'll have more opportunity to distribute your plugin (obviously paying).
                        What do you think?
                        Unfortunately for now I can't yet move to HS3 and the biggest annoyance for me, is that is unable to make full use of your beautiful plgin!

Thanks

Cris

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                          Greig,
                          do you think it will be possible to have this plugin for HS2?
                          As you can see, it seems there are a few people that have moved to HS3.
                          For example, I'm having a lot of difficulties to "translate" all my scripts in Vb.net ...
                          HS3 unfortunately does not have a final version and seem to be still many problems (and a few plugins).
                          You may review and update the existing version for HS2 (especially API.ino!).
                          I realize that you will need a lot of work, but I think you'll have more opportunity to distribute your plugin (obviously paying).
                          What do you think?
                          Unfortunately for now I can't yet move to HS3 and the biggest annoyance for me, is that is unable to make full use of your beautiful plgin!

Thanks

Cris
                          HI Cris,

I dont think I would have the time for this as I am struggling to get time to update the HS3 version and there was lots of changes needed to get this working in HS3 as a plugin and not a script. I am running HS2 and HS3 on the same pc with this plugin on HS3 and all works well. Jon00 has a Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector that can Mirror Homeseer 3 devices in Homeseer 2 and I plan to use this to get my arduino I/O in to HS2 from HS3 this may also help you.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                            Since i do not have much knowledge with programming and i received today my arduino mega i wanted to ask you guys.
                            I am planning to hook up about 7/8 1 wire sensors , i have read the part of jon00 his website that i should use a daisy chain solution and using for example a unshielded cat5 cable.

Now the temp/humid sensor i want to hook up is a DH11, i need a script for this that i have to load as the API.ino if i understand correct.
                            I installed the plugin in HS3 and that all seems to be working the board is connected.
                            When i change then from board type to API i do not see the other IO options anymore.

The question was, if i load a script say for the dht11 temp/humid if it still possible to use the other inputs and let them show up in HS or when you use your own script he I/O ports fall off ?

Thanks
                            HI Vincenttor,

Sorry I must have missed your post.
                            Yes you can add the dht11 with the API.ino but you will not have all the I/O that the normal.ino will have as this had to be removed. You can add your own code for I/O to the API.ino and make any combination you want.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

HI Cris,

I dont think I would have the time for this as I am struggling to get time to update the HS3 version and there was lots of changes needed to get this working in HS3 as a plugin and not a script. I am running HS2 and HS3 on the same pc with this plugin on HS3 and all works well. Jon00 has a Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector that can Mirror Homeseer 3 devices in Homeseer 2 and I plan to use this to get my arduino I/O in to HS2 from HS3 this may also help you.

Greig.
                              Ok Greig!
                              I'll tray with Jon00's connector plugin! You gave me good information :-)

Cris

Comment

Travis,
                                Please try V1.0.0.17 found in the first post. I have added an option to stop creating new onewire devices but I do not have anything set up to test this at the moment so can you get back to me and tell me if it works as expected.
                                Sorry about that, I have not really had the chance to take a great look yet. Because I use the plugin to manage my greenhouse cooling and it is important to ensure that I don't have any issues which allows the greenhouse to overheat I had gone back to the HS2 version as for some strange reason with the plugin (and maybe my ESXi setup) I was finding that the plugin would disconnect from the board and not be able to reconnect.

On a related, but slightly side note: I got a Grove Dust sensor and had a chance to have a play with your API sketch and then include the dust stuff so that (estimates of) PM10 and PM2.5 are sent to my HS3 system through Ethernet. This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time and huge thumbs up on getting it to work like that!

I need to find another board with a bigger memory (i have lots of the smaller boards) then I was thinking to get around the disconnect issues, I might just use an Ethernet shield.

Two thumbs up for great thinking with the Ethernet plugin!

(I then use HS3 to upload to ThingSpeak, my PM10 and PM2.5 data is online at: https://thingspeak.com/channels/10749)
                                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X