No announcement yet.

Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, I just registered the plugin(been waiting for something like this for ever. Thanks) In the Config there is only one tab for "Harmony Hub 1" I have 3 hubs in total in 3 different rooms. How do I add more hubs?? Also will I be able to control devices directly (Like play/pause)?

Thanks again for the great work
    Last edited by cpapakon; June 9, 2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post
      Question, I just registered the plugin(been waiting for something like this for ever. Thanks) In the Config there is only one tab for "Harmony Hub 1" I have 3 hubs in total in 3 different rooms. How do I add more hubs?? Also will I be able to control devices directly (Like play/pause)?

Thanks again for the great work
      Hi,

Multiple hubs is slated for the next release, I first wanted to be sure I'm on the right track before supporting more than 1.

Device control is more difficult, especially because every device is different(not every device has play/pause or even on/off), but I let me see what I can do. It is possible to sent a single IR command to any device, so technically this can be done but it must be stable and robust.....
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Is anyone noticing it takes some time to trigger an activity? Although it does trigger it takes about 2 min for it to activate. First I thought it was just not working so I started trying to run "Watch DVD" and "Play XBox" they all delayed by a couple of minutes but did execute.

Comment

The speed of responding of the hub is very different so it seems. I have reports that it only took 2 seconds to start an event and now I hear 1 minute :-(

This behavior is related to the fact that in the current release I have to authenticate with the Logitech server (somewhere in the Amazon cloud) and it depends how fast an reliable your internet connection is and also how fast the Logitech server responds.
          This is how Logitech has designed it, but it is totally unnecessary to check this for our purpose.

At the moment I am testing with new hub interfacing code which does not authenticate any more (only the first time). In my environment this means it's 10 times faster (max 2 seconds)

So stay tuned for an update.....

However the update will be delayed due to the fact that I reinstalled my iMac 2 days ago and for some reason the TimeMachine restore takes 4 tot 5 days :-(.

So once the restore is finished I have access to my source code again.....
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Feedback requested please

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate that you like to plug-in so far.

Most of you requests will be in the next release, which is planned to be available soon.

Now I need your feedback on implementing a new feature, some of you requested. It's about the ability to send individual IR commands to devices. I want to keep it simple and manageble because the time needed to implement this will be much shorter and because of the fact that every Hub device is so different from each other and there are thousand of them, I need to standardize a bit.

So here is what I propose and please let me know if it will fit your needs:

- The plugin will create a HS device per Hub device it discovers.
            - The device will have a maximum of 6 control buttons, based on the fact the device supports the specific control.
            - The controls will be: Power On, Power Off, Power Toggle, Volume up, Volume Down and Mute.
            - The control buttons will only be visible if the specific device supports the specific IR function. For instance an Apple TV has none of the 6 functions, so will show no control buttons and an XBOX360 will have all buttons because it supports all 6 IR functions.
            - Control buttons can be addressed via an event action as a device action.

This way it is relatively simple to implement this and I do think these 6 commands are the most frequently used ones.

Please give me your feedback if I'm on the right track.

Thanks....
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi Rien,

Sounds good to me, however... I primarly want control my airco units. And these units use fixed IR codes for its Setpoint, for example 20C 21C and 25C. Is there a way to send these commands?

I dont need special buttons if this is to complex, but maybe there is a way to trigger these commands by an event or script and a IR ID code or something. Dont know if its possible to generate a text file by scanning the hub with all possible IR codes to be send. So We can find the ID of the IR code in this file and make an event with a script call to the plugin to send a specific IR command?

regards

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                - The device will have a maximum of 6 control buttons, based on the fact the device supports the specific control.
                - The controls will be: Power On, Power Off, Power Toggle, Volume up, Volume Down and Mute.

I would suggest adding Play/Pause as well.
                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

I would agree with misraels. Play/pause is needed. Imagine, someone rings my doorbell and the TV show I'm watching pauses! Then I run another activity that flips the TV input to my front door cam!!! How great would that be....

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                    The device grouping i suggested is setting the parent/child relationship of the devices, if you click on the icon in the upper right of the device management page (i circled it in the picture) it will show your devices in their groups if set.

When looking at your devices grouped, you may see some that group together as shown below, the nice thing here is that it pulls your like devices all together without having to rely on some sorting method.
                    I had a closer look at this grouping, parent/child thing.
                    To my opinion implementing this just to group device is not what this function is made for and might give some unpredictable results in the future. The devices are not related as a parent/child in any way...

I found a post describing how you can create a parent/child relationship yourself, for grouping purposes. See http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...54#post1103254
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                      Hi Rien,

Sounds good to me, however... I primarly want control my airco units. And these units use fixed IR codes for its Setpoint, for example 20C 21C and 25C. Is there a way to send these commands?

I dont need special buttons if this is to complex, but maybe there is a way to trigger these commands by an event or script and a IR ID code or something. Dont know if its possible to generate a text file by scanning the hub with all possible IR codes to be send. So We can find the ID of the IR code in this file and make an event with a script call to the plugin to send a specific IR command?

regards

Bart
                      I tried similar with a harmony 885 by using the learn mode, however couldn't get that to work. Now im hoping for sensibo ( <-referal link sensibo without referal click here)
                      This are going to be IR controllers specially made for AC units. I hope thats going to work, otherwise the last option for me is the Remotec ZXT120 Z-Wave.

But if it would work with a harmony hub it would be really nice and a big reason for to switch from the 885 to a hub

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                        So here is what I propose and please let me know if it will fit your needs:

- The plugin will create a HS device per Hub device it discovers.
                        I see the reasons to limit the number of buttons exposed via the web interface, but is it possible to stash all the commands available in a drop down? This way they're exposed to HS for those of us who use HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Source View Post
                          I tried similar with a harmony 885 by using the learn mode, however couldn't get that to work. Now im hoping for sensibo ( <-referal link sensibo without referal click here)
                          This are going to be IR controllers specially made for AC units. I hope thats going to work, otherwise the last option for me is the Remotec ZXT120 Z-Wave.

But if it would work with a harmony hub it would be really nice and a big reason for to switch from the 885 to a hub
                          Have you looked into global cache iTach devices? I use them to control my AC's with the UltraGCIR plugin and they work great.

I think the harmony hub is much better at home theater, but the GCIR for more boring, less dynamic stuff like AC's, Fans, space heaters, and such.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
                            I see the reasons to limit the number of buttons exposed via the web interface, but is it possible to stash all the commands available in a drop down? This way they're exposed to HS for those of us who use HSTouch.
                            Not a bad idea.... Yes I agree limiting the buttons from the web interface is probably best. If the other commands where available in a drop down and we could trigger a device action against them I would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
                              It is possible (I think) but this wil cost me days or weeks extra before I figure out how to do it and get it stable. Maybe even months, because after this (free)week, my work and the Worldcup football will take most of my spare time and after that I will be on vacation......

If I do the suggested solution (with Play/Pause added) I will have a stable version next week including all new features like:
                              - much faster response (10 times or more)
                              - custom activity images support
                              - multiple hub support (3)
                              - bug resolution
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm curious what everyone is doing with this HS integration with the hub. I guess I can trigger events to have the hub do things on my home theatre like mute the TV. Just wondering how others are using it?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X