MCA-C5 Supported - Now works!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCA-C5 Supported - Now works!!

Can anyone confirm that the Russound MCA-C5 is supported?

The short answer is No. The long answer is that if you use the serial interface as opposed to the ether et interface there are a very few changes that would need to be made to the plug in to get it working.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hmm..I'm having it a tough time finding a whole home audio solution that works with HS3. Are there any?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Hmm..I'm having it a tough time finding a whole home audio solution that works with HS3. Are there any?

Honestly, given the state of things with HS3, I can't recommend anything. There may be great Sonos integration but I haven't checked that out because they are expensive and not as nice as a wired solution.

Comment

So I guess my only option is to find a CAM66 or a CAV66 on eBay or something? My only issue with buying discontinued products is the support. What needs to be done to get the MCA-C3/MCA-C5 to work?

Comment

Has anyone tried the MCA model with the plugin?
            I cannot imagine that Russound would change their API when it has been working for a long time.
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Someone contacted Russound a few years back and was told that there were changes in the protocol. Russound responded with an attachment of all the codes for the newer models. I think it just needs to be updated in the plugin?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136605

Comment

Ok I will check it out
                Add a feature request on my web site for this please.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

There were modifications to the RNET protocol. I think it wasn't readactions so much as additions.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    There were modifications to the RNET protocol. I think it wasn't readactions so much as additions.
                    So if the RNET functions (External Bluetooth, Tuner etc) are the only changes, everything else should function right? You mentioned that if using the serial interface (which I would be using) a few changes would be needed? Can you share them?

Blade, feature request has been added.

Comment

I don't know the details. I do know that the RNET protocol (the protocol used to communicate with Russound devices via RS232) was elaborated upon in recent devices. I imagine that you would have some rudimentary and stumbling control of one of the newer devices with the existing plugin.

Comment

Hmm...I thought the RNET protocol was for communicating with their component devices and the RS-232 was just for programing the unit? Based on their overview, it seems that way, unless I read it wrong.

Last edited by Sireone; May 27, 2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I would like someone to try the plugin on the MCa model and see what works and what does not
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                            I would like someone to try the plugin on the MCa model and see what works and what does not
                            My customer has just ordered the MCA-C5, as soon as it comes in, I'll be doing a lot of testing. I'm hoping we can get it all to work.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                              My customer has just ordered the MCA-C5, as soon as it comes in, I'll be doing a lot of testing. I'm hoping we can get it all to work.

Thanks again.
                              if this is a sure thing... i'll be on board in upgrading my cav6.6 and keypads.

following this post...

JOHN

Comment

Working...
                              X