Clear All

Duplicate items/renaming issues - Beyond ceiling/table light

Hi, I hope someone is able to help me with these:

Beyond table lamp
    https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue...lamp/712023148

Beyond ceiling light
    https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue...ight/712013148

2 things with them:

1. A lot of duplicate items, 2-3 times each lamp is added. They have 2 bulbs, up and down so it gets quite messy.

Have tried to delete them, both in HS3 and on the phone but no way.

2. Rename
    NEVER works for these, HS3 ignores my name and call them 1, 2, 3.

Any idea how I can remove them and get the names I want?

With my other lights/led-strips it works OK. But not with these two types of lamps.

- JowiHue 2.0.2.1
    - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
    - 2nd gen. bridge

TIA.

pepsimax,

You mention you cannot remove them from the phone, are you referring to the Philips Hue app? Because if you see the lights doubling there, it means the bridge itself is having an issue? Or you are just flooded on how the bridge is handling these multisource devices?

This is how the bridge is handling these lights:
    For these lights a few groups are created. I have a beyond here and this is having one light for the upper part. For this one light a light device is created AND a group. This is reflexed by default also in the plugin.
    Then there are three downlights that also get another group created and then even for the beyond as a whole another group is created (all done by the bridge, out of control for the plugin). The plugin also created devices for all these by default

To help you clear things up, the plugin has an option in the (misceleannious) configuration page called "Use only group devices for Luminaires (Beyond, Phoenix etc)". This option only appears if the plugin finds a multisource luminaire.

If you enable this option, the lights devices will be removed from HS3 and you can control the lights with the three groups left over (Up, down and beyond as a whole). This way it is less confusing and messy?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Comment

pepsimax,

In the maintenance page you will see the bulbs as they are still present on the bridge.The maintenance page reflects these. It is the devices page where they are no longer showing.

i am wondering what the name on the "phone" (is the the philips hue app?) is and what the name of the groups in HS3 is, are those the same? I expect they are as the Philips Hue app only shows the groups for the beyond and Phoenix lights.
        The lights are different from groups and as the seperate lights are no longer showing in the device list, I would not really bother about the name shown in the maintenance page?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks again.

On the phone/bridge I have 6 lamps, they have up and down and 1 for both of them.

The names in the phone is finally the same as in HS3 device listing.

Maintenance shows 20 lines, no idea why. The names is an early version.

Devices is called:

Toilet Down
          Toilet Up
          + Toilet Celing for the 3rd.

Now I'm happy to have it back under control, but will try next weekend if I'm able to find a pattern which explains the difference.

Comment

pepsimax,

Also then make sure to read on the difference with "groups" compared with "lights". The plugin's manual might also add to help here.
            You are now looking at groups on the deviceutility pages and the app, where on the maintenance page you look at the lights, which holds some that are no longer shown in the device page.

If you open the groups part on the maintenance page you will see the names on the groups you are looking at in the device utility page.

Wim
            Last edited by w.vuyk; April 3, 2018, 05:03 PM.
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X