www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old March 25th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Seer

teslaSeer, plugin using tesla motors "API"

I have been testing this plugin in Norway, and it looks to be working fine. So I guess it is time to expand the testing. So if anyone is interested in testing it, here you go.

Please use this thread for feedback. Also, please red the "read me" text file in the zip.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip teslaSeer1.0.0.1.c.zip (168.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by salvesen; June 19th, 2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old March 25th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Seer Master

Although I don't own that car I must admit your plugin is spot on but if you could improve on tracking it would be even better. ====> Look at the http://jphuddlestone.co.uk/phlocatio...userguide.html for more information

===> It would be even more sweet to send a voice command to open the gate when you get home!
===> And or even view security cams on the dash using the HS3 Tasker plugin!

Edit: I was about to ask a silly question, but here is the answer : https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors..._continuously/

I believe in logic ===> The what if

Eman.

Last edited by Eman; March 25th, 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Seer Plus

Thanks!

I was waiting for an plugin.

Will the plugin renew the token automatically after 30 day's?
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldecharon View Post
Thanks!

I was waiting for an plugin.

Will the plugin renew the token automatically after 30 day's?
As of today, no. I will put it in, some day :P
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Seer

Thanks for sharing! I am getting a bunch of these in the log:

Mar-26 11:33:00 AM tesla debug (404) API server has changed, contact the developer of this plugin

Is there any issue with my email address ending in .info or special characters (#,@,!) in my password?

Thanks, --Doug
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvesen View Post
As of today, no. I will put it in, some day :P
Would be nice!

In the meanwhile i'm very happy with your plugin. I've been using the api from Tesla to close my roof when i'm in the neighborhood and preheat my car when i wake up or when a leave the company

Will the following features also come available in your plugin?

- Close roof
- Flash
- Honk
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldecharon View Post
Would be nice!

In the meanwhile i'm very happy with your plugin. I've been using the api from Tesla to close my roof when i'm in the neighborhood and preheat my car when i wake up or when a leave the company

Will the following features also come available in your plugin?

- Close roof
- Flash
- Honk
Sure, ill include them in next version!
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisdl View Post
Thanks for sharing! I am getting a bunch of these in the log:

Mar-26 11:33:00 AM tesla debug (404) API server has changed, contact the developer of this plugin

Is there any issue with my email address ending in .info or special characters (#,@,!) in my password?

Thanks, --Doug
Hm, maybe? Could you activate debug and send me the log in a private message?
Old March 26th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvesen View Post
Sure, ill include them in next version!

Thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old April 7th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Viewer

Thumbs up This plugin is awesome!!

Good Day!

I love monitoring the status and configuring events to help with the management of the Model S.

One request though, would you be able to put a toggle switch in the config to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit? It's not a huge deal, as converting is straight forward, but would help with displaying the status on other interfaces directly from the device in HS.

Other then that, this plugin is totally awesome! It even helps with keeping the car charging only between times when the energy is at lower rates. Another use suggested was to use a night time event, like "bedtime" to check that the car is plugged in before bed, and if not, send a notification.

Thanks again for all of the work on this!!
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcorp12 View Post
Good Day!

I love monitoring the status and configuring events to help with the management of the Model S.

One request though, would you be able to put a toggle switch in the config to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit? It's not a huge deal, as converting is straight forward, but would help with displaying the status on other interfaces directly from the device in HS.

Other then that, this plugin is totally awesome! It even helps with keeping the car charging only between times when the energy is at lower rates. Another use suggested was to use a night time event, like "bedtime" to check that the car is plugged in before bed, and if not, send a notification.

Thanks again for all of the work on this!!
Hello and thanks for the feedback! I will include this in the next version, I will use the flag that i receive from the car so that it will automatically change.

Actually I made this in regards to electricity pricing. This is going to change in Norway from 01.01.2019
Old May 10th, 2018, 03:05 AM
Seer Deluxe

First of all, fantastic plug-in!

I had a question though. I have my update frequency set to 1 min, but the status doesn't seem to ever update. For example, I plugged in my car for charging and it's charging now, but the device still shows "disconnected". Is there anything I might be doing wrong?

UPDATE: Ughh! Figured it out, I changed the Room / Group names from teslaSeer, seems that won't work. After changing back, all device updates come through as expected.

Last edited by gbdesai; May 10th, 2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old May 19th, 2018, 05:38 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdesai View Post
First of all, fantastic plug-in!

I had a question though. I have my update frequency set to 1 min, but the status doesn't seem to ever update. For example, I plugged in my car for charging and it's charging now, but the device still shows "disconnected". Is there anything I might be doing wrong?

UPDATE: Ughh! Figured it out, I changed the Room / Group names from teslaSeer, seems that won't work. After changing back, all device updates come through as expected.
Hello,

Yes this is true, sort of. I allready changed this in the latest version. But I cant seem to figure out how to edit my first message to change the attachment..
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Seer

Updated to latest version.