www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old May 15th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

WiFi Irrigation Timer

Has anyone tried the Melnor RAINCLOUD WiFi Irrigation Timer? I'm wondering if there's a way to get it working with HomeSeer. Has anyone tired? Her's a link to it -
https://www.amazon.com/Melnor-RAINCL.../dp/B01MZE8J1R
Old May 16th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Seer

I just bought the Melnor RainCloud system and came here looking to see how I could interface it with HomeSeer. FYI - the RainCloud unit I purchased requires a wired LAN connection to the controller. It appears the WiFi version is branded Melnor AquaTimer. I'll keep looking for a way to interface with Homeseer but for now I will use their Web/mobile interface.
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:40 PM
OverSeer

It does not appear the API is published so not likely that a Homeseer integration is likely.
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Seer Deluxe

I just ordered one. I'm hoping to trace the packets it sends in and out of the network to see what it's doing and then somehow reverse engineer it. I don't know if I'll succeed, but that's my plan .
Old January 25th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Viewer

Python Library

I just stumbled across a Python library that is supposed to interface with the RainCloud.

https://github.com/tchellomello/raincloudy

Maybe that will get you a head start.
Old May 24th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_holmes View Post
I just bought the Melnor RainCloud system and came here looking to see how I could interface it with HomeSeer. FYI - the RainCloud unit I purchased requires a wired LAN connection to the controller. It appears the WiFi version is branded Melnor AquaTimer. I'll keep looking for a way to interface with Homeseer but for now I will use their Web/mobile interface.

I know I'm digging up an old post. How does the value unit connect to the control unit? Is it wifi or just proprietary wireless connection?

thanks,

Jim
Old May 24th, 2018, 11:54 PM
OverSeer

I have updated Tasmota firmware that is typically used with Sonoff or similar that have relay control for use as irrigation controller. The Sonoff 4CH Pro goes for around $25 which will give 4 channel via WiFi. It can also be slaved to a smarter controller such as could be provided by HS. Single channel Sonoff basic is around $5 from manufacturer Itead. Multiple units can be combined. Using 8 channel relay modules is also possible, but I have not tested this route.