FortrezZ MIMO2+Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
    I had ordered the Mimo2 to be able to sense when my 20 year old analog doorbell was pressed by connecting it to an Elk 930 doorbell connector. I included the Mimo2 in secure and insecure mode several times but I always got only 4 out of 5 child devices added. The Sensor Binary device would never be added.
    I called HS support and was told that they have not been able to implement the Mimo2 in the current Zwave plugin versions 124 and 128 (beta) and so it is not supported.
    The Mimolite is supported and I have ordered one.
    I hope they are still looking into supporting this? a devices that has two inputs and two outputs would be very useful! (Is there any others?)

Comment

You may want to call Homeseer support at 603-471-2816 to find out if the Mimo2 is supported. I'm not aware of Mimo2 alternatives - but my Mimolite/ELK-930 combination is working very well.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
        You may want to call Homeseer support at 603-471-2816 to find out if the Mimo2 is supported. I'm not aware of Mimo2 alternatives - but my Mimolite/ELK-930 combination is working very well.
        I'll ask here first.

RJH,

Is the MIMO2+ fully supported now??? I need to order one and would rather not go through the exercise only to find out it doesn't and have to return them.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I'm a long time user of Mimolite's. I have many Mimolite's, and some have been up for years. No problems.

I decided to get the Mimo2+ (I especially like that they are Z-Wave Plus devices, unlike the Mimolites). I added a Mimo2+ using both secure and non-secure. Either way, I only get these devices:

FortrezZ Multilevel Sensor
          General Purpose
          Power Management Notification
          Switch Binary 3
          Switch Binary 4

There are no Sensor binary devices (I was expecting two of them).

So, sounds like HomeSeer and/or Mimo2+ still do NOT work together :-(

Comment

FWIW, I rescanned the Mimo2+. Didn't help. Still missing the Sensor devices.

I'm using Z-NET with the latest GA release (1.0.22), and HomeSeer 3.0.0.435.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
              FWIW, I rescanned the Mimo2+. Didn't help. Still missing the Sensor devices.

I'm using Z-NET with the latest GA release (1.0.22), and HomeSeer 3.0.0.435.
              Maybe HS can chime in on this.

I'd like to use the MIMO2 for controlling my garage door. That allows me to sense a door close AND a door open switch plus being able to activate the door. Would be nice to have a third sensor so I could sense the door lock but at least that's two of the three.

Too bad it costs so much to create a Z-Wave device. The 500 module isn't that much but my understanding is that you can't get them without purchasing a license.

I'd love to design a 4 or 8 channel MIMO type device. Maybe even modular or done so it could control generic IO modules so it could be expanded.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I have 2 MimoLites for my 2 garage doors. I use the Mimolotes to open and close the doors and to sense if they are open or close. I set them up 3 or 4 years ago. Rock solid. No problems at all.

I returned the Mimo2+s.

Comment

I can confirm the Mimo2+ is still not working. I have a custom built arduino alarm clock that uses a MIMOlite (1 channel) to send signals to homeseer when my alarm goes off. I want to upgrade to the Mimo2+ so I can control other devices. I get the same issues when enrolling.....I see both relays but no devices for the output signals.

Bummer.

Any word from Homeseer?
                  W

Comment

I tried a Mimo2+ a while back but couldn't get it to work. I only needed a single contact closure, so I sent it back and got a MIMOLite.
                    I have two MIMOLites that are working fine.
                    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Try doing a Non Secure include, and have the mimo near your homeseer.
                      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Just tried a non-secure add with the MIMO2 right next to HS3Pro......no luck....same problem. All devices except the analog/digital inputs.

Regrettable....

W

Comment

I've got 2 dozen of these in service, they do a great job. I meant to say have it next to your Znet or smart stick... I assume you knew that.
                          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                          | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                          BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Blair,
                            I use HS3 with a USB smart stick and I was right next to it. Just to be clear with my problem....

Are you using MIMOlites (1 channel) or the MIMO2+ (with 2 channels)?

I am not using the output relays, I am using the analog/digital channels as inputs (from an Arduino) to trigger Z wave events. My single channel MIMOlite works great and a get a trigger device I can use in homeseer. But the dual channel MIMO2+ does not show homeseer devices for the analog/digital input channels....it only creates devices for the output relays...both of which work fine.

I am on the lastest version of HS3Pro and Smart stick. I have added/removed the MIMO2 multiple times in secure and non-secure mode.

Thanks for your help here.
                            W

Comment

Originally posted by waltorg View Post
                              Blair,
                              I use HS3 with a USB smart stick and I was right next to it. Just to be clear with my problem....

Are you using MIMOlites (1 channel) or the MIMO2+ (with 2 channels)?

I am not using the output relays, I am using the analog/digital channels as inputs (from an Arduino) to trigger Z wave events. My single channel MIMOlite works great and a get a trigger device I can use in homeseer. But the dual channel MIMO2+ does not show homeseer devices for the analog/digital input channels....it only creates devices for the output relays...both of which work fine.

I am on the lastest version of HS3Pro and Smart stick. I have added/removed the MIMO2 multiple times in secure and non-secure mode.

Thanks for your help here.
                              W
                              several months ago I emailed support about the mimo2+ and they said it wasnt supported. so you might want to check with them again

Comment

I was just about to order 2 of the Mimo2. Looks like I will need 4 MimoLite.

Does anyone have a recommendation for any other product that would give me multiple sensor and relays that I can use for garage doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X