This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2450 I/O link Local control

How or can I create a link to report local control of the relay back to homeseer?

can you describe your setup of the iolinc?

typically the relay is output which is controlled by hs so you would know the status already. But you can poll the device so hs will get the latest status. I don't recall if the iolinc even sends a msg when the relay changes status. I don't think it does.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It is pretty much standard out of the box, continous on/off with no other responder or controller links beyond those created using the "Program Device for HomeSeer" button.

I did set the poll interval to 1 min in order to see any change in status by local control. It would just be nice if it was able to see it via link.

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      can you describe your setup of the iolinc?

typically the relay is output which is controlled by hs so you would know the status already. But you can poll the device so hs will get the latest status. I don't recall if the iolinc even sends a msg when the relay changes status. I don't think it does.

Comment

and what you are controlling with the iolinc? are you using the input sensor as well?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It is controlling a soleniod operated water valve and yes I am using the input sensor for something else. An awful waste to have to use the input to monitor the output.

Comment

Here's the issue which is related to the fw of the device:

the output relay sends on & off msgs when you press the set button. However the input sensor sends the exact same on & off msgs. so there is no way for me to know which unit (relay or sensor) sent the message.

So i defaulted to decoding the msgs as being sent from the input sensor since this is what most people need.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Understood. So I, and probably others, wish they would improve on the FW in order to fully use the potential of this device.

Thanks Mark

Comment

Just to better understand why I was asking.

This unit actually is controling my water softener so I was trying to get HomeSeer to see the button push and start a regen cycle (for at the unit maintenance purposes). With the poll set at one min it just takes a little bit for HomeSeer to see the change and run the script.

Thanks again,
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by ramblreb View Post
                  Just to better understand why I was asking.

This unit actually is controling my water softener so I was trying to get HomeSeer to see the button push and start a regen cycle (for at the unit maintenance purposes). With the poll set at one min it just takes a little bit for HomeSeer to see the change and run the script.

Thanks again,
                  Jim
                  so are you using the input sensor with the water softener as well?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It is sensing a flow switch after a pressure relief valve for an over pressure warning.

Comment

One more question, if the message sent is the same for the input and the local switch why dosen't the input say it came on when the button is pushed?

Comment

Originally posted by ramblreb View Post
                        One more question, if the message sent is the same for the input and the local switch why dosen't the input say it came on when the button is pushed?
                        the sensor input only changes from the external connection
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK but you said

"the output relay sends on & off msgs when you press the set button. However the input sensor sends the exact same on & off msgs. so there is no way for me to know which unit (relay or sensor) sent the message. So i defaulted to decoding the msgs as being sent from the input sensor..."

If that is true then wouldn't pressing the set button cause HomeSeer to say the input changed states?

Comment

Working...
                          X