This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-Link Devices?

On the Insteon Device Edit Links page, when you define a new link, sometimes you are presented with the option "Cross-Link Devices?" What does this mean?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

if the responder can also be a controller, and you want a bi-directional link (ie cross-link), the plugin will link the responder back to the controller as well.

this is useful for creating a 3-way circuit for example, where either switch can control the load.
    Last edited by mnsandler; March 16, 2016, 02:35 PM. Reason: hover over the little Blue question mark (?) to get a short explanation
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Are KeyPadLinc buttons considered "responders", i.e., they light up in "response" to a signal from a controller?

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
        Are KeyPadLinc buttons considered "responders", i.e., they light up in "response" to a signal from a controller?
        yes
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

I have several Outdoor ApplianceLinc devices. At some point I was able to cross-link with them. This is no longer available when selecting a ApplianceLinc when editing links.

Example Outdoor ApplianceLinc link with a working link:
            Link #4 Outlet controls Living Room Keypad Button G (1C.8E.D2)
            Link #3 Outlet is controlled by Living Room Keypad Button G (1C.8E.D2) - On Level : On
            Link #1 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : Off
            Link #2 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
            This works great because when the button is pressed or controlled by the WebUI the Keypad is also updated.

Can we have this feature back for Outdoor ApplianceLinc devices as they seem to support being a controller just fine.

Thanks,
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
              I have several Outdoor ApplianceLinc devices. At some point I was able to cross-link with them. This is no longer available when selecting a ApplianceLinc when editing links.

Example Outdoor ApplianceLinc link with a working link:
              Link #4 Outlet controls Living Room Keypad Button G (1C.8E.D2)
              Link #3 Outlet is controlled by Living Room Keypad Button G (1C.8E.D2) - On Level : On
              Link #1 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : Off
              Link #2 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level : On
              This works great because when the button is pressed or controlled by the WebUI the Keypad is also updated.

Can we have this feature back for Outdoor ApplianceLinc devices as they seem to support being a controller just fine.

Thanks,
              Jason
              jason
              can you tell me the devicetype code of the device you are referring to? Check the insteon.ini/.

also what version of the plugin are you running? this should work in the latest beta
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

jason
                can you tell me the devicetype code of the device you are referring to? Check the insteon.ini/.

also what version of the plugin are you running? this should work in the latest beta
                Version: 3.0.6.39
                Device type: 0206

It works on the device type: 0238 (Dual-Band Outdoor Module) just not on the 0206(Outdoor ApplianceLinc). At one point in time, several years ago it worked on the 0206 as

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.40 to the beta section. this should allow you to create controller links from the Outdoor Applinc). please test and report back
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Works great. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
                      Works great. Thanks!!!
                      thanks for reporting back.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X