Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

We have released a HS3 beta version 3.0.0.332 with some major changes, so we are looking for testers.

This version has moved the HSTouch Server plugin functionality into HS3, so the plugin is no longer used and will not be loaded (even if the file exists). This change was made primarily so we could expose the cameras to our JSON API in a future update. It also does the following:

* Speeds up client access, including camera viewing
    * Frees up a plugin slot on the Zee S2 so an extra plugin can be loaded

Please post if you see any issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I may be one of the first guinea pigs. After installing I got this startup error:

Starting up....

6/30/2017 11:03:06 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

I restarted it. The second time I got the same error. Log is full of errors in the attached text file.

I think they may be triggers and conditions from Spud's Easy Trigger.

I rolled back until we know what all this means.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Digging a little deeper, I notice most plug-ins are not loading. This is almost exactly the same thing that happened when I tried to temporarily move my HS3 instance to a different server when I was doing maintenance on my primary server. The server I installed this new version on is the one I have been using since early 2016.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1191400

Comment

I'll image my current setup and give it a whirl tomorrow.

Comment

Same error here:

Jun-30 3:44:30 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Shows that it finds plug-ins, just does not load any.
          All my HSTouch clients seem to reconnect really quickly by the way (Android and Windows), I heard them all announce themselves within 30 seconds of starting HS3.

Reverting back now

John

Comment

Same error here

Comment

Did you try disabling and renabling the affected plugins. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                We have released a HS3 beta version 3.0.0.332 with some major changes, so we are looking for testers.

This version has moved the HSTouch Server plugin functionality into HS3, so the plugin is no longer used and will not be loaded (even if the file exists). This change was made primarily so we could expose the cameras to our JSON API in a future update. It also does the following:

* Speeds up client access, including camera viewing

* Frees up a plugin slot on the Zee S2 so an extra plugin can be loaded

Please post if you see any issues.

This looks interesting and may address the problem I have been having with getting my HSTOUCH plugin to accept connections from my reverse proxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                  Did you try disabling and renabling the affected plugins. Just a thought.
                  Out of 27 active plug-ins, only 9 loaded. I tried to disable and enable 2 of them without success. I am going to try more tonight.

Comment

I wonder if you have a plugin, maybe the easytrigger, that is storing plugin info in the PED of each plugin. If so, this will be a big problem. If you are seeing this problem are you running the easytrigger plugin?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I wonder if you have a plugin, maybe the easytrigger, that is storing plugin info in the PED of each plugin. If so, this will be a big problem. If you are seeing this problem are you running the easytrigger plugin?
                      Whoa... I use PED to store name/value pairs. What is the issue?

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Not sure what OS you're using. If it's Linux might be worth updating the OS and making sure you have the latest version of Mono installed.

Comment

I am using Easy Trigger. Still trying to figure this out. I disabled all plug-ins while running my restored .318. Shut down HomeSeer and installed .332. As is usually the case, you can't do an upgrade for the second time, the choices are only uninstall, modify or repair. I chose repair. It removed all of my HS and plug-in license information and they ALL became trials. There was no error at startup, but I could enable all the plug-ins without issue, including Easy Trigger.

I am going to scare up all of my license codes and re-register everything and see how it works.

More to come...
                          Last edited by randy; June 30, 2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            I am using Easy Trigger. Still trying to figure this out. I disabled all plug-ins while running my restored .318. Shut down HomeSeer and installed .332. As is usually the case, you cant do an upgrade for the second time, the choices are only uninstall, modify or repair. I chose repair. It removed all of my HS and plug-in license information and they ALL became trials. There was no error at startup, but I could enable all the plug-ins without issue, including Easy Trigger.

I am going to scare up all of my license codes and re-register everything and see how it works.

More to come...

So thankful to you guys for doing all this testing! Sounds like this might be a nice upgrade to HS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Everything seems to be fine under 332. It was a process
                              • I disabled all plug-ins while running .318
                              • I deleted the HSTouch plug-in. I did not try this the first time around
                              • Shut down HomeSeer and did a "repair" of .332 as stated above
                              • Started HomeSeer without error
                              • Entered my HS registration code again
                              • Enabled each plug-in, they all started without error
                              • Entered registration information for every plug-in
                              • Restarted HS without any errors

There are no errors showing in the log and as far as I can tell, all the Easy Trigger functions seem to be working fine.

I will keep an eye on things and see if anything surfaces.

HS3Touch loads MUCH faster and works better, but when a lighting device status is changed, it is not reflected in HS3Touch. The device is controlled, but the HSTouch device remains unchanged until I close the app and reopen it. When it is reopened, the devices all show their correct level. This same behavior seems to affect everything, including virtual devices and thermostats. You can set them in HS3Touch, but they do not show the new status.

HS3Touch on iPhone

Current Date/Time: 6/30/2017 8:18:18 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.332
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                              System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 8 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.2.36
                              Number of Devices: 2323
                              Number of Events: 1447
                              Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              1.0.0.142: Arduino Plugin
                              2.0.47.0: BLBackup
                              2.0.8.0: BLEditor
                              1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                              2.0.69.0: BLStat
                              1.1.2.0: Device History
                              3.0.0.18: DirecTV
                              3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
                              3.0.0.37: EnvisaLink
                              3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                              3.0.0.7: Hyperion
                              1.0.17155.370: MyQ
                              3.0.1.92: PHLocation
                              0.0.0.33: Pushover 3P
                              1.0.0.5: Restart
                              3.1.0.20: Sonos
                              3.0.6280.35072: Ultra1Wire3
                              3.0.6300.28069: UltraECM3
                              3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                              3.0.6260.19461: UltraMon3
                              3.0.6377.20892: UltraWeatherWU3
                              3.0.0.70: weatherXML
                              3.0.1.131: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X