Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich,

I installed .335 over .333 on my test machine and initial testing looks good.

1. SONOS announcements work properly

2. HSTouch clients update (really fast)

3. No errors noted with plugins loading (HSTouch PI was already removed)

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

I loaded .335 and still have the same errors - it will not run Z-Wave, HAI, or weatherXML:

Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        I posted an update, version 3.0.0.335 with some fixes, not sure if it fixes all reported issues, but post what you see.

If you see a plugin loading with a Newtonsoft dll error, you can fix this yourself for now. If the plugin has a config.exe file (like HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config), edit that file and make sure "bin" is at the end of the path. For the JowiHue plugin the binpath line needs to be this:

Code:
        <probing privatePath="bin/JowiHue;bin"/>
        Same fix can be applied to the Honeywell thermostat plugin.
        We cross posted. I just installed .335 over .318. I wasn't sure if you were removing HSTouch, so I deleted the .exe first. 335 started with the same:

Starting up....

7/5/2017 1:00:09 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

This error happened at exactly the same point between UltraECM3 loading and HSTouch loading:

Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Web Server Web Server started on port 80
        Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
        Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
        Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UltraECM3
        Jul-05 12:59:59 PM Info Plugin UltraECM3 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:9307
        Jul-05 12:59:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ultra1Wire3

All plug-ins started. On the off chance it was that plug-in I disabled it and restarted. Still got the error:

Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
        Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
        Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ultra1Wire3

The error seems to occur just after the last plug-in is loaded. This time it was Ultra1Wire3. I was unable to get the plug-in to initialize when I enabled it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1191449

I restarted HS with the plug-in enabled got the same Phase 3 exception and UltraECM would not initialize.

HSTouch is fast, controls every device I tested but does not update the HSTouch device status. If I close the HSTouch client and open it again the status is updated to be correct.

For instance, I turned my office lights on with the HSTouch (iOS default) client. The light came on, but the client still showed it off. I closed and reopened the client then the lamp showed to be On. I turned it off with the client and the lamp went off, but the client still showed it to be on. When I tested this over the weekend it was the same on Android clients as well.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

In regards to status, can you go into setup, network tab, HSTouch section and enable HSTouch Debug. Then post a log snippet showing a device update in HS3. I want to see how far it gets into HSTouch.

Also, can you disable all your plugins except HSTouch and Z-Wave and see if Z-Wave devices update? Maybe one of the plugins is interferring.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          We cross posted. I just installed .335 over .318. I wasn't sure if you were removing HSTouch, so I deleted the .exe first. 335 started with the same:

Starting up....

7/5/2017 1:00:09 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

This error happened at exactly the same point between UltraECM3 loading and HSTouch loading:

Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Web Server Web Server started on port 80
          Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
          Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
          Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          Jul-05 1:00:09 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UltraECM3
          Jul-05 12:59:59 PM Info Plugin UltraECM3 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:9307
          Jul-05 12:59:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ultra1Wire3

All plug-ins started. On the off chance it was that plug-in I disabled it and restarted. Still got the error:

Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.2.36 (255.255.255.0)
          Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
          Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          Jul-05 1:06:29 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Ultra1Wire3

The error seems to occur just after the last plug-in is loaded. This time it was Ultra1Wire3. I was unable to get the plug-in to initialize when I enabled it again.

[ATTACH]62080[/ATTACH]

I restarted HS with the plug-in enabled got the same Phase 3 exception and UltraECM would not initialize.

HSTouch is fast, controls every device I tested but does not update the HSTouch device status. If I close the HSTouch client and open it again the status is updated to be correct.

For instance, I turned my office lights on with the HSTouch (iOS default) client. The light came on, but the client still showed it off. I closed and reopened the client then the lamp showed to be On. I turned it off with the client and the lamp went off, but the client still showed it to be on. When I tested this over the weekend it was the same on Android clients as well.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just installed 335, all seems to work fine (I have to see on HStouch updating, last time it started failing after 18 hours or so) except plugin loading.

I removed HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe since the first time I tested the 332 build. At first, I had 4 plugins that could not load. For other reasons, I had to revert but came back when 333 was available. Removed HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe again, upgraded and at that time only 1 plugin did not load.

Just upgraded to 335 and that same plugin (weatherXML) still did not load. So I tried to stop and start another plugin (P1, my own) and after stopping, I am unable to start again! Restart, reboot, tried everything but it doesn't start. I am afraid to test any other plugin as I might not be able to start that one as well...

Running Linux, I tried to load the failing plugins in another session and they load up just fine and showing up as remote plugins on the interfaces page...
            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
              Rich,

I installed .335 over .333 on my test machine and initial testing looks good.

1. SONOS announcements work properly

2. HSTouch clients update (really fast)

3. No errors noted with plugins loading (HSTouch PI was already removed)

Thanks,

Bob
              As I wrote above, my HSTouch clients are not updating. Some have written that they stop updating after a restart.

Are you using MyHS or a direct local (or DDNS) IP connection?

Comment

Randy,

I am using MyHomeseer on my laptop and direct on my android for testing. I did have to go into the Setup>Network tab and set the username and password to be the same as MyHomeseer account.

Bob

Comment

I'm still on 318 and no reboots for 24 days. My clients stopped updating last week. Rebooting the client seems to update my devices but automatically updating them doesn't last. Imho the update bug has been around awhile and is still in the new version.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

The Newtonsoft thing is going to cause big issues, I see a lot of plugins referencing it, so I moved the HS one to its own folder, that will solve the problem.

If you are on windows and you are seeing the startup issue with the plugins, please try build 337 and let me know if this helps:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_337.msi

Comment

Rich,

Just for a point of reference, I just installed .335 on my production computer which had .318. Before the install I disabled and removed (Red X) the HSTouch plugin. The install went fine and the startup was without error. I have the following plugins:

BLLAN
                      BLLogmonitor
                      Blue-Iris
                      EasyTrigger
                      Global Cache Pro
                      Sonos
                      UltraCID3
                      WeatherXML
                      ZWave

Currently SONOS announcements work as before and both Windows and Android clients are updating properly.

Bob

Comment

One issue that was mentioned before by someone, there is still debug code showing in the log for thermostats, just an FYI.

Code:
                        Jul-05 15:44:16	 	THERM NUM	Thermostat: 1
                        Jul-05 15:44:16	 	DEBUG	Retrieved therm num:1
                        Jul-05 15:44:16	 	DEBUG	Detected thermnumber as previously saved, new stats use device ref
                        Bob

Comment

Thanks, I have removed that logging.

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
                          One issue that was mentioned before by someone, there is still debug code showing in the log for thermostats, just an FYI.

Code:
                          Jul-05 15:44:16	 	THERM NUM	Thermostat: 1
                          Jul-05 15:44:16	 	DEBUG	Retrieved therm num:1
                          Jul-05 15:44:16	 	DEBUG	Detected thermnumber as previously saved, new stats use device ref
                          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            I'm still on 318 and no reboots for 24 days. My clients stopped updating last week. Rebooting the client seems to update my devices but automatically updating them doesn't last. Imho the update bug has been around awhile and is still in the new version.
                            I am back on .318 with it updating properly. It stopped working with .332 started working again after rolling back to .318. Same thing happened with .333 and today with 335.

This is all on the same production server I have been using for 16 months. Windows 10 Pro, Supermicro X10SLL-F MB, Xeon E3-1270, 32GB ram and 200GB free on the SSD.

Now back on .318 after the .335 update and everything is working well. I tried .335 again and the choices are now "Modify, Repair, Remove". Modify does nothing leaving HS3 at .318. Repair installs the new version, but removes all licensing from HomeSeer and every plug-in.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1191450

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1191451

Now the status updates are working on HSTouch. I have registered HS3 again. Sonos TTS is working.

I entered all of the registration information for the plug-ins and they are all working properly.

I restarted HomeSeer to see if it had any problems restarting and all was well. HSTouch is F A S T and updating the status as it should. It is really working better than it ever has.

The only thing I can see that is different is the fact that the "repair" option wipes out all licensing, requiring me to re-register HS and all plug-ins.

I am working with cameras now.

Comment

The Newtonsoft thing is going to cause big issues, I see a lot of plugins referencing it, so I moved the HS one to its own folder, that will solve the problem.

If you are on windows and you are seeing the startup issue with the plugins, please try build 337 and let me know if this helps:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_337.msi
                              I installed .337 over .335 without issue. I really do not want to try installing it over .318 again.

EDIT: 20 minutes later HSTouch quit updating and has become sluggish.

Restored the backup of .335 and HSTouch no longer updates status.

EDIT2: I went from MyHS to a local IP, but still no joy on status updates. It worked well for about 20 minutes.
                              Last edited by randy; July 5, 2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I have removed that logging.
                                I'm seeing the same thing in my log and I'm running 3.0.0.300. It seems to occur right after a HSTouch client connects.

Code:
                                Jul-05 4:52:11 PM	 	THERM NUM	Downstairs: 1
                                Jul-05 4:52:11 PM	 	DEBUG	Retrieved therm num:1
                                Jul-05 4:52:11 PM	 	THERM NUM	Upstairs: 361
                                Jul-05 4:52:11 PM	 	DEBUG	Retrieved therm num:361
                                Jul-05 4:52:11 PM	 	DEBUG	Detected thermnumber as previously saved, new stats use device ref

Comment

Working...
                                X