The latest Beta to Final-are we near launch date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest Beta to Final-are we near launch date

Just wondering if the Beta to Final version of HS3 is imminent. Personally I've done as much testing as I possibly can and have noticed a drop off in reported problems since testing began.

Looking forward to finalising my install and pushing on with other projects.

I certainly hope not...have you seen how many unresolved bugs there are, in Bugzilla!?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      I certainly hope not...have you seen how many unresolved bugs there are, in Bugzilla!?

You will only see the old bugs. In my opinion a lot of them are not relevant. In case a bug is relevant in most cases HomeSeer is willing to solve the issue.

---
      John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
        You will only see the old bugs. In my opinion a lot of them are not relevant. In case a bug is relevant in most cases HomeSeer is willing to solve the issue.

---
        John
        Exactly my thoughts.

The biggest development in this current Beta is the incorporation of HSTouch into the main program and IMHO it's speeded up it's usage with HS3 considerably. It appears stable now and other than a few other obscure plugins that are experiencing minor difficulties I'd imagine most of the other 3P plugin developers have completed their testing.

Roll on Final

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
          Exactly my thoughts.

I'd imagine most of the other 3P plugin developers have completed their testing.

Roll on Final
          Rotfl lmao!!!
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

It seems to me that having your software developer tell you they "....have noticed a drop off in reported problems since testing began....." is akin to your girlfriend announcing that she is "a little bit" pregnant.....

YMMV.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Exactly my thoughts.

The biggest development in this current Beta is the incorporation of HSTouch into the main program and IMHO it's speeded up it's usage with HS3 considerably.
              I agree. I had stopped using HSTouch quite a while back and had switched to Imperihome (or nothing at all not that the Alexa integration works well)

It appears stable now and other than a few other obscure plugins that are experiencing minor difficulties I'd imagine most of the other 3P plugin developers have completed their testing.
              Heh. Most of the 3rd party plugins that get updated will do so AFTER they get bug reports once HS is updated

Comment

Exactly my thoughts.

The biggest development in this current Beta is the incorporation of HSTouch into the main program and IMHO it's speeded up it's usage with HS3 considerably. It appears stable now and other than a few other obscure plugins that are experiencing minor difficulties I'd imagine most of the other 3P plugin developers have completed their testing.

Roll on Final
                As a 3P plugin developer (though my plugin is not popular), I will tell you I haven't tested it with the new beta. I have to keep my development environment "prod like" for everything but my plugin(s). I can't spin up other environments because HST wants me to buy a license for each one making it not really worth my time or money to do so.

I've fixed the 1 issue I know about (the NewtonsoftJson.dll issue), but won't know about any others until the product is released, then I will test my plugin against it.

Now, maybe if I had a more popular plugin, others would "test" it for me, but it would be hard for me to recreate it since I won't be running the beta

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying how it is for me. I'm not gonna keep a dev environment for the current release and the beta. its one or the other and I would think most of the users are on the stable release not the beta.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts.

Roll on Final
                  I'm not sure even HS2 had a 'final' release. It had development up until it was decided no further development was being done due to HS3 releases, as such I would be surprised if there was a HS3 final release. There are still issues with HS3 in Bugzilla that have not been addressed that it appears has just been decided that it is not justified in allowing development time for.

Comment

Working...
                  X