Need help with IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce and Randy,

I have loaded and connected to CMAX on my homeseer system successfully. What I found out is that I can't learn ir codes in it either. This suggests a problem with the Leopard unit. I have a spare ocelot on another backup homeseer system and will try using CMAX to train IR on it. I don't use the touchscreen on the Leopard I so may just move the ocelot over to my new system. I will try and check with tech support on the Leopard issue. If I can't learn ir with CMAX on the leopard 1 then it won't work with Bruce's plugin either. Thanks much and I will keep you posted...Rick

Comment

Bruce,

I have made some good progress. Here is what I have found so far. I contacted Kevin at Applied Digital regarding the leopard panel ir training. He had me create a one line program in cmax with an "end command" and then execute it. I did this and was able to learn IR Commands fine. I connected an ir transmitter to the leopard unit and was able to transmit the command successfully in cmax. The device address in cmax is 0. Then I went into your plugin to the ir config screen and selected bank 0 and ocelot 0. Then I selected ir0 location to create the device in homeseer. I clicked send and the command works. If I select bank 0 and the secu16ir (u4) and zone 6 (as referred to in the secu16ir hardware module) and ir location ir0 and create the device and click send the command does not work.
      I am assuming that your zone numbers match the hardware zone numbers for the secu16ir unit? I have asked Kevin if there is any difference between the ocelot and leopard units when it comes to ir (training and sending). He is really great at getting back with me. I am also going to try and send ir from cmax program to secu16ir to make sure it is working. Let me know what you think about what I have done so far and if there is something I have done wrong here? If I hear anything from Kevin I will let you know. Thanks again....Rick

Comment

Rick,
        Sounds like you are making progress. The Zone numbers on the Secu16IR should match the plugin zone numbers. I hope there is no difference in how Leopards and Ocelots "talk" to Secu16IR units as I have no Leopard to test and my plate is full the next 3 - 4 months
        Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

Can you verify that the zone numbers in your plug-in actually match the hardware zone numbers. This could be an issue?

I am not able to train ir at all with your plugin but I was able to learn an ir location in CMAX and play it back successfully in your plugin with ocelot 0 selected. It won't play back ir when the secu16ir (u4) is selected. This is why I am wondering about the secu16ir zone numbers in your plugin matching the hardware zone numbers.

I talked with Kevin at applied digital and he said there shouldn't be any differences in the way the ocelot and leopard handle ir training and sending.

However he did say that the firmware numbers are different so if you are checking firmware numbers in your plugin this could be an issue. Would this be an issue with your plugin software?

Thanks again Bruce !!!!! Rick
          Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 14, 2018, 04:02 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Bruce,

By using the CMAX Software I discovered your zone numbers do not correspond to the actual zone numbers of the hardware. Might be good to put a note in your documentation regarding this issue.

Also, as I mentioned previously, Kevin of applied digital said there should be no differences in the way the ocelot and leopard handle ir training and sending. However he did say that the version numbers of the software are different so if your plugin is checking for hardware or software versions, there is a difference and may be the issue with the ocelot versus leopard in your plugin.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions !!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
              Bruce,

By using the CMAX Software I discovered your zone numbers do not correspond to the actual zone numbers of the hardware. Might be good to put a note in your documentation regarding this issue.

I fired up my test system which has an Ocelot and 4 Secu16IR units and all the IR works as expected. I tested (again) and zone numbers of all 4 units match the plugin.

Also, as I mentioned previously, Kevin of applied digital said there should be no differences in the way the ocelot and leopard handle ir training and sending. However he did say that the version numbers of the software are different so if your plugin is checking for hardware or software versions, there is a difference and may be the issue with the ocelot versus leopard in your plugin.

The plugin does not check for firmware versions.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions !!!! Rick
              Rick,
              You mention there is a difference in zone numbers. In detail, what is that difference and did you get the Leopard/Secu16IR combo to work with the plugin?
              Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Yes, I have been able to learn ir codes with cmax and get them to send in your plugin. Still haven't been able to learn ir codes but haven't tested since I figured out the zone issue. I will do so again.

I went by the hardware manual from applied digital for the secu16ir for determining zone numbers in your plugin. Maybe you can attach a copy of the hardware pinout you used from the secu16ir manual for determining plugin zones. Maybe the diagram in the manual is wrong and you worked this issue out some time ago while creating the plugin. I will also check with Kevin at applied digital and get back with you.

Would help for me to see a copy of the hardware diagram you used to determine plugin zones.

Thanks again Bruce !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Rick,
                  The Secu16IR units I have are labeled on the face of the unit.

All 4 of them look like this ^^

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

That explains everything !!!! I don't have the cover for my secu16ir unit. I relied on the diagram in the appdig manual for the secu16ir on their website. It appears to definitely be incorrect. Can you do me a favor and go to www.appdig.com and look at the diagram in the secu16ir manual and see if you agree with my deduction? I sent an e-mail to Kevin regarding this issue and he said if its not right it has been that way for 20 years and I believe it has been wrong for 20 years. Most people have covers on their units and probably don't even look at the manual. It's pretty obvious on the cover which of course is missing on mine. I will try training with your plugin when I get a chance and let you know what I find out. Maybe everything will work now, but at least I have a work around now by using cmax for training. Thanks again and let me know your verdict on the appdig secuir manual?

Comment

Rick,
                      Yep, the Secu16IR manual is wrong. Compared to the cover in my image ^^ the bottom row is reversed.
                      Also, anytime you are learning an IR location, you have to point your remote at the Ocelot/Leopard's IR receiver. The Secu16IR units do not have an IR receiver.
                      Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thanks again and yes I was using the leopar receiver as the secu16ir does not have one but thanks for mentioning it as you never know. Thanks again Bruce for all your help and will get back with you soon regarding IR Training on the Leopard Unit !!!!! Rick

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Yeah !!!!! I was able to train IR for the Leopard with your plugin. It doesn't train right away but it does train and I am able to control the TV it controls well. You can add to your documentation that your plugin does work with the Leopard Panel with IR. You might also put a note in your documentation regarding the error in the appdig manual for the secu16ir manual regarding IR Zones. Have your users go by the secu16ir cover and not the diagram in the secu16ir manual. Thanks again Bruce for all of your great help and hanging in there with me !!!!! Rick

Comment

Working...
                          X