Channel Trigger Not Firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel Trigger Not Firing

I am controlling an HR22 and communication seems to be fine but I can't get an event to trigger based on a specific channel. My event speaks something when the channel changes and becomes 501 to 501. When I test I see the device page update after the polling interval but the event does not fire.

If I modify the event to trigger on 'any value' and then change the channel the event triggers fine as soon as the change is reflected after the polling interval.

Am I doing something wrong in the way I designate what channel I want to use as the trigger?

Could you post a screenshot of your event?

Comment

The test event:
      Attached Files

Comment

The problem is that only the string of the "DirecTV Channel" device is set, not its value.

Native triggers only look at the value of the device, so you need to use a trigger like the "EasyTrigger: A device's string changes and becomes"

I guess I only set the string of the device in case a channel could have a non numeric value, but I now think it's not possible, so I may change this behavior in a future version of the DirecTV plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          The problem is that only the string of the "DirecTV Channel" device is set, not its value.

Native triggers only look at the value of the device, so you need to use a trigger like the "EasyTrigger: A device's string changes and becomes"

I guess I only set the string of the device in case a channel could have a non numeric value, but I now think it's not possible, so I may change this behavior in a future version of the DirecTV plugin.
          That makes sense. Thanks for running this down.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.19, the channel device value is now set in addition to its string

Comment

Working...
            X