Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPNP Listener error

Seeing this error frequently in the log:
    "Error in UPNPListener.MSearchEvent with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid."

Any ideas on what this means?

Originally posted by HTGeek View Post
    Seeing this error frequently in the log:
    "Error in UPNPListener.MSearchEvent with Error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid."

Any ideas on what this means?
    The error is 100% benign, it is triggered by some code I wrote to interact with an amazon echo. How frequent do you get the error, I suspect it is very periodic and triggered by a UPNP controller on your network that might be sending incomplete info/requests.

Short of redelivering the PI to just take out the error, you can set the UPNP error level to off and it will be gone as well. If we want to find out what causes the error, you would have to set the UPNP debug level to verbose which will dump a ton of info in your logfile but the log entry just before this error should show which M-SEARCH UPNP command caused it.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for the info. It occurs every 5 minutes. I turned on verbose debug and it appears to be a specific field missing from one of the devices.

MC Error Error in GetSeconds for device = Kitchen and Error = Conversion from string "Invalid Args" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

MC Error Error in AVTGetPositionInfo for device = Kitchen and InstanceID = 0 with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by HTGeek View Post
        Thanks for the info. It occurs every 5 minutes. I turned on verbose debug and it appears to be a specific field missing from one of the devices.

MC Error Error in GetSeconds for device = Kitchen and Error = Conversion from string "Invalid Args" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

MC Error Error in AVTGetPositionInfo for device = Kitchen and InstanceID = 0 with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Not sure you lifted the right error messages. What you have here are errors related to the PI (so under superdebug which is what is do not need) versus the UPNP subsystem which are under the UPNP debug level = verbose and I need the log entry right before the error from the UPNP subsystem. I already changed the code to neutralize this part as it was an attempt of mine to have this PI work directly between HS and Amazon Echo.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X