Napco Gemini Plugin USB-Serial on HT-SEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napco Gemini Plugin USB-Serial on HT-SEL

Having a problem getting the Napco Panel to connect.
    Currently using the USB-Serial to successfully connect a Z-Troller. In that interface setup there is a drop down with choices

However in the NAPCO GEMINI plugin setup there's only a BLANK field.

I have tried
    • /dev/ttyUSB1
    • ttyUSB1
    • COM1

No joy so far....

Can anyone help with the connection here? How do i connect a Napco panel to the HomeTroller-SEL?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Current Date/Time: 10/9/2017 11:01:26 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 17 Hours 59 Minutes 27 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.225
    Number of Devices: 27
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 199
    License: Registered
    License: 98051
    User Name and Access Level: (Admin)
    WAN IP Address:
    Web Server Port:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.2.0: Napco Gemini
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

On the Napco Gemini config page is a text box for setting the COM Port. That is used literally in code to open the System.IO.Ports.SerialPort class as below:
    Code:
    myPort = New SerialPort(myConfig.COMPort, 9600, Parity.Even, 8, StopBits.One)
    In the Linux support sticky thread I mentioned I'm using an Oracle VM Virtualbox that maps a PC USB serial port to /dev/ttyUSB0 I also took a quick look over at Mark Sander's Insteon support forum as I know he works directly with Linux serial ports for that interface. Here is an example post where he also mentions /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 I would expect the value you put in the config page for the Napco Plugin here to be similar. Unfortunately I don't have a Hometroller-SEL so I don't have experience with how it might map the USB serial port to a device but per your example, it seems /dev/ttyUSB0 works with the ZWave plugin? I would then expect that to work with the Napco Gemini plugin assuming you have disabled the ZWave plugin as they both can't open the device at the same time.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Success!

Thank you for your reply

I was successfully able to populate the field with /dev/ttyUSB1 and get the panel connected.

I thought i had tried that exact value the other day. This time it worked.

Thanks again!

Comment

That's great news. Thanks for the reply back confirming this as I'm sure it will help others too.

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X