UPB Plug-in Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Plug-in Feature Request

I notice when creating an event in Homeseer for my UPB that there is a short list of functions available.

All units on
    All lights off
    On
    Off
    Set value
    Increment value
    Decrement value

I assume these are sent as a Direct Packet to the named device.

There are no such commands as "All units on" or "All lights off" in the UPB protocal. These features are possible using Links.

Can those two useless choices be changed to "goto on" and goto off"

If that could be done, then devices like Rain8 UPB could be directly accessed without using an additional plug-in or second PIM

Thanks
    Dave

I have successfully configure a us240 to send direct packets to the rain8 and turn on and off zones. The rain8 only responds to the custom choice of "goto on" and "goto off"

This makes the UPB Rain8 more than a brick or a bathtub toy.

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by ; December 19, 2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

In order to get all the lighting functions of HomeSeer the UPB devices are setup as standard lighting devices (technically status based devices). HomeSeer does not allow custom commands for these devices. It's a catch-22. Unfortunately the Rain8 doesn't comply 100% with the UPB specs which state the commands that a device must respond to. If it did then there would not be a problem. I'm out of town right now but I have been looking into a solution.

Jon

Originally posted by Event5 View Post
      I have successfully configure a us240 to send direct packets to the rain8 and turn on and off zones. The rain8 only responds to the custom choice of "goto on" and "goto off"

This makes the UPB Rain8 more than a brick or a bathtub toy.

Thanks
      Dave
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
        In order to get all the lighting functions of HomeSeer the UPB devices are setup as standard lighting devices (technically status based devices). HomeSeer does not allow custom commands for these devices. It's a catch-22. Unfortunately the Rain8 doesn't comply 100% with the UPB specs which state the commands that a device must respond to. If it did then there would not be a problem. I'm out of town right now but I have been looking into a solution.

Jon
        Thank you Jon,

Your right; it really is wgldesigns problem. Thanks for anything you can do.

Dave

Comment

It makes you wonder why a company would market something as UPB and not comply with the UPB spec's. I would think they have taken grief from almost everyone who bought one.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I just finished sending wgldesigns an email stating exactly what you said!

Dave

Comment

It makes you wonder why a company would market something as UPB and not comply with the UPB spec's. I would think they have taken grief from almost everyone who bought one.
              This is precisely why I didn't go with Rain8 UPB when I was researching which sprinkler controller to use.

<!-- / message -->

Comment

Working...
              X