HS3 vs. HS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 vs. HS2

What will HS3 do that HS2 can't and what does it offer over HS2?

From what I've read so far...

Removing zwave from the core codebase to a plugin.
    Multiple plugins no longer competing with HS for threading.
    Updated ui (jqueryui).
    Logging moved to sqlite.
    No longer tied to IE (this is purely a guess).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This should help: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...24#post1065824
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Mark!!!

Comment

H2 and H3 on the same computer

I still hope I can salvage my H2 x10 operations. But for support I need to move on . Can I run H2 and H3 on the same computer but under a different user if I log off ans not just switch users ?

Comment

Not if you are talking to the same hardware controller.

If you are only using X10 then you can just purchase another controller maybe and run both HS2 and HS3 at the same time not logged in to two sessions.

Use two monitors with HS2 on one and HS3 on the other. Baby steps here. Do 10, 30, 40 etc minutes here or there.

There is no rush and you can get familiar with HS3.

Copy each event by looking at it on the HS2 application gui and then replicating it manually on the HS3 application.

With two X10 controllers you will just be replicating and you can just shut down and test HS3 for short periods of time.

You can also purchase a Zee-2 for use up to 5 plugins and just run that.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by redwards View Post
              I still hope I can salvage my H2 x10 operations. But for support I need to move on . Can I run H2 and H3 on the same computer but under a different user if I log off ans not just switch users ?
              Not easily, but why not run them under the same user account? That's what I did when I migrated. You just need to make sure HS2 is started before HS3.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks I did order the Zee 2 and will need to learn how to set that up as soon as it gets here tomorrow. The green house is suffering with an erratic schedule.

Pete
                how hard is it to set up the Zee 2 with two appliance module ? I do plan on just using H3 for Z wave and H2 for X10
                Last edited by redwards; March 1, 2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

how hard is it to set up the Zee 2 with tow appliance module ?

Easy peasy.

I am testing the Zee-2 today with Z-Wave, X10 and UPB. (X10 and UPB locally and remotely).
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Two modules

Comment

Just to make sure when I download and Install H3 how should I approach that ? Is there an option to not overwrite H2 or are they isolated from the start ?

Comment

They are isolated from the start. There should be an HS3 tree when you install.
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
                          What will HS3 do that HS2 can't and what does it offer over HS2?
                          I was running HS2 and HS3 on the same machine untill it crashed, not HS related directly.

HS3 is a lot more stable than 2, however scipting is a lot more difficult. HS 3 does not support a lot of things HS2 did.

if you are z-wave based HS3 is streaks ahead of HS2. I would recommend HS3

Sorry the answer to your questing is nothing, except from being a lot more stable.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Got my Zee 2 today and started to install H3. I called and got my HS3 password and was able to get it install in the H3 screen. When I select the view Web Interface nothing happens, I can use the tool from the Zee 2 but it will not take any of my reg codes or passwords. Would like some help or I have to go buy some timers

Comment

Originally posted by redwards View Post
                              Got my Zee 2 today and started to install H3. I called and got my HS3 password and was able to get it install in the H3 screen. When I select the view Web Interface nothing happens, I can use the tool from the Zee 2 but it will not take any of my reg codes or passwords. Would like some help or I have to go buy some timers
                              Ok, I'm confused. You talked about running HS2 and HS3 on the same system, so I assumed you had a Windows system that ou already had HS2 on and you were planning to run HS3 on the same box. You will not be able to run HS2 on the Zee...
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X