This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
    This a great switch and I plan to start to switch out to the 100's have two now.
    Can you provide instructions (step by step) on how to create the two and three click events. I have tried and am missing something.
    Again you hit a home run with this switch.......
    It's a mess because I combined it into other events. But I have mine setup to turn on the cabinet lights in the kitchen if I just turn the switch on (also turns on main lights its feeding normally). I also setup so that if you double tap up, the cabinet turn on, and double tap down, they turn off. The double tap doesn't affect the main load, which is really nice.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      It's a mess because I combined it into other events. But I have mine setup to turn on the cabinet lights in the kitchen if I just turn the switch on (also turns on main lights its feeding normally). I also setup so that if you double tap up, the cabinet turn on, and double tap down, they turn off. The double tap doesn't affect the main load, which is really nice.
      Pat - one thing to be careful of... if you use "changes and becomes", that trigger will only work if the central scene device literally changes! if you double-tap... and then double-tap again, the second instance won't trigger the event. On the other hand, if you use the trigger of the device being "set to", then that will work every time.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Pat - one thing to be careful of... if you use "changes and becomes", that trigger will only work if the central scene device literally changes! if you double-tap... and then double-tap again, the second instance won't trigger the event. On the other hand, if you use the trigger of the device being "set to", then that will work every time.
        Yes this is very true, but I have been bitten by the recent bugs with the event engine that Rich as been working on with set to. It seems to have all been resolved though with the latest releases.

It's a valid point if you have things that need to be managed regardless of the switches current position (if that makes sense?!?).

Another thing, if you aren't getting the devices to create for the switch, a couple things to check. One you have to be at least on .66 of the Zwave plugin (current beta is 67 which I am using). I also had a lot of issues initially installing this switch and ended up removing power and starting over completely before it finally went (it's further up in this chain if you want details).

It is a great switch, I especially like the led for the dimmers on the left side. I will be buying more of them as the money tree starts to replenish.

Comment

What's the difference between these and Dragon Tech Zwave Plus devices? They seem to be exactly the same, except that these have a HomeSeer sticker on them. Is there anything else that's different?

Comment

My bulb had a dragon logo on it.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Will firmware updates be free?

Hi Mark,

I'm largely happy with the 12 switches I have been using the past two weeks and about ready to buy them for the rest of the house. Just wondering as things like the configurable remote ramp rate get fixed, will Homeseer be providing firmware updates to existing switch owners? Any idea how frequently updates might be published?

Thanks,
              John

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                What's the difference between these and Dragon Tech Zwave Plus devices? They seem to be exactly the same, except that these have a HomeSeer sticker on them. Is there anything else that's different?
                On the ZWave tab of the root device for the new switches the Firmware Update section says:

Current Firmware: Manufacturer = HomeSeer Tech Version: 5.13

So they likely did some customization of the firmware. They are essentially the same price, and may work better with Homeseer than the Dragons presuming they made updates to the firmware. I'm supporting the hard working folks at Homeseer by purchasing all my switches from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                  On the ZWave tab of the root device for the new switches the Firmware Update section says:

Current Firmware: Manufacturer = HomeSeer Tech Version: 5.13

So they likely did some customization of the firmware. They are essentially the same price, and may work better with Homeseer than the Dragons presuming they made updates to the firmware. I'm supporting the hard working folks at Homeseer by purchasing all my switches from them.
                  Dragon Tech's seems a little cheaper - http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/z-...-dimmer-switch

I already bought one from HomeSeer (haven't wired it in yet). Maybe I should buy the Dragon Tech's too to see if there's a difference. For example does that one support the double tap, triple tap feature too?

Comment

Dragon Tech's seems a little cheaper - http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/z-...-dimmer-switch

I already bought one from HomeSeer (haven't wired it in yet). Maybe I should buy the Dragon Tech's too to see if there's a difference. For example does that one support the double tap, triple tap feature too?

My assumption would be it's a custom feature that is only supported in homeseer and as such built that way.

Comment

These are the features in HomeSeer switches that are missing in Dragon, GE, Evolve, Enerwave and Linear switches:
                      • Instant status
                      • 2-tap, 3-tap, press & hold event triggers
                      • Persistent dim level indicator (Dragon indicator turns off after switch is set)
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        These are the features in HomeSeer switches that are missing in Dragon, GE, Evolve, Enerwave and Linear switches:

• Instant status
                        • 2-tap, 3-tap, press & hold event triggers
                        • Persistent dim level indicator (Dragon indicator turns off after switch is set)

I like the first two. Not sure about #3.

Comment

Is it possible to leave the very bottom LED on at all times? Even when the dimmer is turned off?

Comment

Started noticing flaky local control

I have two HS-WS100 switches I bought the day they started selling them. One controlling a florescent light is OK so far. The other controlling LED flood lights started intermittently having a problem when locally switched on where it comes on for about 50ms, turns off for about 500ms and then turns on and stays on. I saw it happen yesterday, then a few times in a row this morning, then tested turning it on from HSTouch and did not observe the issue, then the local on/of/on issue did not reoccur. Unable to reproduce since then. I opened a Help desk ticket with the below details.

Here are logs from the times around this morning's testing prior to it clearing after HSTouch control:

Apr-17 6:10:18 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Set to OFF
                            Apr-17 6:10:18 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"
                            Apr-17 6:10:17 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"
                            Pressed porch light on above, it did the double on bug.

Apr-17 6:10:17 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene Set to 2000
                            Apr-17 6:10:14 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Set to ON
                            Apr-17 6:10:13 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"
                            Apr-17 6:10:13 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene Set to 1000

Apr-17 6:10:10 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Set to OFF
                            Apr-17 6:10:09 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"
                            Apr-17 6:10:09 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene Set to 2000
                            Apr-17 6:10:04 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Set to ON
                            Apr-17 6:10:03 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"
                            Apr-17 6:10:03 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene Set to 1000

Went back to bed here, unrelated logs snipped.

Apr-17 5:23:34 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting FrontPorch on/off pressed"

Event referenced in some logs above when light was turned on/off (it just resets a counter):
                            IF First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed

OR IF First Floor Porch Main lights Central Scene had its value set to Scene 002 Key Pressed
                            Then Reset counter LeaveFrontPorchOffOn to value 0

Current Date/Time: 4/17/2016 6:59:40 AM
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
                            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 3 Days 10 Hours 5 Minutes 20 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.0.32
                            Number of Devices: 62
                            Number of Events: 50
                            License: Registered
                            License: 84999
                            User Name and Access Level: jhearty (Admin)
                            WAN IP Address: 184.96.190.173
                            Web Server Port: 80

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                            3.0.5920.36174: UltraM1G3
                            3.0.1.66: Z-Wave

Comment

Is it possible to leave the very bottom LED on at all times? Even when the dimmer is turned off?

Good question. Does the switch version have a led light?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                                Good question. Does the switch version have a led light?

It didn't look like it from the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X