2ANF fan controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2ANF fan controller?

I have several RRD-2ANF fan controllers. These are three-speed AC fan controllers that look like a dimmer. There's low-med-high and an off mode. There are four LEDs on the faceplate that correspond to those modes.

In the XML file they're listed as "CEILING_FAN_TYPE"

I'm using a version 43 of the plugin.

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
    I have several RRD-2ANF fan controllers. These are three-speed AC fan controllers that look like a dimmer. There's low-med-high and an off mode. There are four LEDs on the faceplate that correspond to those modes.

In the XML file they're listed as "CEILING_FAN_TYPE"

I'm using a version 43 of the plugin.
    Had in ver. 50

Comment

can't control fan via Event?

I have .60 of the plug-in.

I'd like to create an Event in HS3 that turns the fan on, but only based on certain conditions. Namely being between 2am and sunrise, and only if it's above a certain temp outside. Both of which are configurable for an Event. That's fine.

The trouble is I can't find where to control the fan when setting up the Event. The device just isn't appearing in the 'Control a device' drop-down!

Oddly, neither is another fan. But one of them DOES appear and can be added to the event.

I have three fans in the system, "Guest Bedroom Fan", "Will's Bedroom Fan" and "Master Bedroom Fan". Only the one named "Will's Bedroom Fan" appears in the drop-down menu. They all appear in the main Device List. All three of them are visible when I use the "LutronRA2 CEILING_FAN_TYPE" from the 'Device Type' drop-down menu on the device list. So HS3 is definitely able to see them, and controlling them does work using the web page.

Any idea why these two particular fans can't be selected when setting up an Event?

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
        I have .60 of the plug-in.

I'd like to create an Event in HS3 that turns the fan on, but only based on certain conditions. Namely being between 2am and sunrise, and only if it's above a certain temp outside. Both of which are configurable for an Event. That's fine.

The trouble is I can't find where to control the fan when setting up the Event. The device just isn't appearing in the 'Control a device' drop-down!

Oddly, neither is another fan. But one of them DOES appear and can be added to the event.

I have three fans in the system, "Guest Bedroom Fan", "Will's Bedroom Fan" and "Master Bedroom Fan". Only the one named "Will's Bedroom Fan" appears in the drop-down menu. They all appear in the main Device List. All three of them are visible when I use the "LutronRA2 CEILING_FAN_TYPE" from the 'Device Type' drop-down menu on the device list. So HS3 is definitely able to see them, and controlling them does work using the web page.

Any idea why these two particular fans can't be selected when setting up an Event?
        In my system I can control it.
        if you check the debug logging and press create all device you should see this for all the device in the log
        Jul-22 4:44:01 PM LutronRA2 Output~fan control~67~Equipment Room~CEILING_FAN_TYPE~Light
        Floor, Name, ID, Room, type of control (ex fan), the last one is the device type and is use for HSTouch

tell me is you see all the fan you are talking
        Attached Files

Comment

SOLVED: rebooted HS3

The problem isn't controlling it. That I can do. I have three. Only ONE of them showed up under the device controls when creating an Event. I even checked the source code.

Just now I quit HS3 and restarted it. Now the devices appear.

It would appear "something" wasn't populating the device list properly and the Event editor couldn't see them. I don't know if there's any part of your code involved or not. Just keep it in mind should anyone else run into problems with devices not being selectable when setting up an Event.

Comment

Working...
          X