Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new devices created become LutronRA2

Hey Don,

Thanks for your continued support -- the plugin has come a long way!

One thing I have noticed and I think may be impacting my Echo and IFTT integration is a side-effect of the plugin. I've noticed when I create a virtual device, it takes on the 'interface value' of 'LutronRA2' and sometimes even takes on the 'Address' of 'LutronRA2--'.

I've been troubleshooting virtual switches not triggering events and I'm starting to think this may be the cause. Or maybe this is simply a cosmetic issue and doesn't matter -- I'm not certain how HS3 uses these values to route control. Do you know if this might have some impact and if so, how I can adjust this setting for devices and stop new ones from inheriting the wrong info? Cheers, Matt

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
    Hey Don,

Thanks for your continued support -- the plugin has come a long way!

One thing I have noticed and I think may be impacting my Echo and IFTT integration is a side-effect of the plugin. I've noticed when I create a virtual device, it takes on the 'interface value' of 'LutronRA2' and sometimes even takes on the 'Address' of 'LutronRA2--'.

I've been troubleshooting virtual switches not triggering events and I'm starting to think this may be the cause. Or maybe this is simply a cosmetic issue and doesn't matter -- I'm not certain how HS3 uses these values to route control. Do you know if this might have some impact and if so, how I can adjust this setting for devices and stop new ones from inheriting the wrong info? Cheers, Matt
    Matt,

I'll take a look at this.

don

Comment

Hey Don, just wanted to confirm this issue. If I create a device while the plugin is running, then the device assumes the 'Technology Address' of 'LutronRA2' and more problematically, an 'Interface' address of 'LutronRa2'. If I disable the plugin and create a device, this problem does not occur.

I was really struggling with a bunch of devices and events that were not working. After asking the Forum about the importance of the 'Interface' dbase entry for HS3 to work, I was told that there is normally no interface value for new devices, which is why none of my devices and events were working (all created with the plugin enabled). I deleted all of my virtual devices and recreated them with the Ra2 plugin turned off, then updated my events and everything is working properly but wanted to let you know from a Dev standpoint that this is an issue for users if they don't know the workaround for now. Thanks for your great work. Cheers, Matt

Comment

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
        Hey Don, just wanted to confirm this issue. If I create a device while the plugin is running, then the device assumes the 'Technology Address' of 'LutronRA2' and more problematically, an 'Interface' address of 'LutronRa2'. If I disable the plugin and create a device, this problem does not occur.

I was really struggling with a bunch of devices and events that were not working. After asking the Forum about the importance of the 'Interface' dbase entry for HS3 to work, I was told that there is normally no interface value for new devices, which is why none of my devices and events were working (all created with the plugin enabled). I deleted all of my virtual devices and recreated them with the Ra2 plugin turned off, then updated my events and everything is working properly but wanted to let you know from a Dev standpoint that this is an issue for users if they don't know the workaround for now. Thanks for your great work. Cheers, Matt
        Matt,

Thank you to advise me on this, in the new ver. 3.0.0.61 this will be corrected.
        Just send the request to HS to update the web.

Comment

Thanks Don. See v60 posted so I'll install that for now. If you could update the forum thread when v61 is released, I'll test to confirm the interface issue is gone. Have a great weekend! Cheers, Matt

Comment

Working...
          X